Microsoft prepares one final, full-screen Get Windows 10 nag

RV_

If you are tired of MS nagging to upgrade to Windows 10 that will end with one last full screen reminder that the free upgrade ends on 29 July, this month.

It's last call for the year-long free Windows 10 upgrade offer. As the clock counts down, Microsoft is pulling out the stops with a full-screen notification. Here's what you'll see.

Excerpt:

"Those persistent Get Windows 10 pop-ups are going away soon, after Microsoft's free upgrade offer for Windows 10 expires on July 29.

During those final days and hours, anyone still running Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 should brace for one last round of upgrade prods from Redmond, including a full-screen message, as the GWX program moves into its final phase.

The details are in a new Knowledge Base article, "Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 SP1 end of free upgrade offer notification," which includes a screenshot of the message as well as some helpful hints on how to avoid seeing it more than once.

(Go to the full article for a screen shot)

Two noteworthy additions are visible in the lower left corner of that screen. Instead of merely dismissing the reminder, you can ask to be notified up to three more times or specify that you've made your mind up and you don't want any more notifications.

That "Do not notify me again" message should stop all further upgrade prompts.

You won't see this message at all if you've previously suppressed the Windows 10 upgrade using the registry modifications I describe here: How to block Windows 10 upgrades on your business network (and at home, too)

You'll also be spared the notification if you previously uninstalled Windows 10, if you had a failed installation attempt that resulted in a rollback, or if your PC has been determined to be incompatible with Windows 10."

For the rest of the article and a screen shot showing the new controls to turn it off in the lower left, go to the full article here:

http://www.zdnet.com/article/microsoft-prepares-one-final-full-screen-get-windows-10-nag/?ftag=TREc64629f&bhid=19724681974700635514865380622813

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

When I updated to Windows 10 I found a few of my keyboard keys don't work or are very delayed. I've tried to do some of the recommendations that I found when I Google it up. None have fixed. I have a 5 year old HP laptop. HP doesn't support any driver's on the older laptop for Windows 10. They say it's too old and don't recommend update to 10. Too late now as it been months since I updated. I've deleted the keyboard driver and it renews with the W-10 driver. Same issue. I've tried running Chrome and IE-11 with no change. Anyone got any ideas? I feel sure it's not a hardware issue.

'12 Excel Limitied 33ft GKE Full Timing '14 Chev 3500 CC DRW D/A named Bullet

Have you tried another keyboard? If yours is wireless then try a wired set. If wired try a wireless.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Archived