blue tooth head sets with intercom for backing the rig

bags

We have been using and old set of ESP walkie talkie type head phone sets for a number of years. I would like to get a new set my wife and I can use to park the rig. I think I want an intercom system as well as blue tooth so it will work in ares with no or iffy cell service.

I want an ear muff type (vs ear bud) as I wear hearing aids and one of my ears just does not work (deaf in one ear and can't hear out of the other). We would also like not to have to pouch any buttons to talk. Any and all advice with and w/o links is appreciated.

I know Trey and Susan's hand signal method is prefered.

Thanks ever so much for the help.

JB

John and Michal Bagley 1999 Volvo 610 the 'Millennium Falcon', 400 hp ISM, Autoshift Gen 2, single axel w/steel bed, Pressure Pro, VMSPC, Trailer Saver Air Hitch, 3 bags, 38 foot Royals International, and our 3 dogs.

We have been using and old set of ESP walkie talkie type head phone sets for a number of years. I would like to get a new set my wife and I can use to park the rig. I think I want an intercom system as well as blue tooth so it will work in ares with no or iffy cell service.

I want an ear muff type (vs ear bud) as I wear hearing aids and one of my ears just does not work (deaf in one ear and can't hear out of the other). Any and all advice with and w/o links is appreciated.

I know Trey and Susan's hand signal method is prefered.

Thanks ever so much for the help.

JB

We use a behind-the-head headset for pit crew at the races. It works very well.

http://www.ruggedradios.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=111_153

They work very well with the 5 watt radios. We use the radios for a lot of different needs, including communication traveling down the road with other vehicles, when they don't have a CB installed.

http://www.ruggedradios.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=296_35&products_id=1274

"Willy Mammoth" - Volvo 730, Sold

Heartland Cyclone 4000 Toy Hauler
T-Minus 26 years and counting to being a full timer.

Hey John,
We use hand signals AND the Sena Headset shown here: http://www.sena.com/product/sph10/ It was a bigger investment than most walkie-talkies, but they have worked flawlessly for us. They are heavier than an earbud system would be, but not too burdensome. You are welcome to try ours in Hutch if you want.
We use them for hitching and unhitching, but I also put them on when I register in the campground office. This enables Trey to stay in the truck while I go inside, but we can still communicate about campground issues. We leave them on during set up and take down since we are not always within earshot of each other. On non-travel days, they hang on hooks inside a cabinet getting recharged.
You just have to make sure you don't say things under your breath you don't want your love to hear. "Under your breath" can be easily picked up on the other's person's headset.
Hope you guys are staying cool in Texas this summer!
Susan

Susan & Trey Selman | email | HDT: '01 770 VED12 | 5er: '02 40' Travel Supreme RLTSOA | '16 Piaggio MP3 500 | '15 Smart Cabrio | Personal Blog | HHRV Resource Guide | HHRV Campgrounds | Recreation Vehicle Safety & Education Foundation |

Susan,

Thank you very much. That one of the ones I was looking at. How long have you had yours?

Thanks

JB

John and Michal Bagley 1999 Volvo 610 the 'Millennium Falcon', 400 hp ISM, Autoshift Gen 2, single axel w/steel bed, Pressure Pro, VMSPC, Trailer Saver Air Hitch, 3 bags, 38 foot Royals International, and our 3 dogs.

About four or five years. We got a new headset for Trey a couple of years ago because his earpiece broke but I don't think it was bad design, just a large-capacity head. We also have the SMH series for our helmets. Love those too.

Susan & Trey Selman | email | HDT: '01 770 VED12 | 5er: '02 40' Travel Supreme RLTSOA | '16 Piaggio MP3 500 | '15 Smart Cabrio | Personal Blog | HHRV Resource Guide | HHRV Campgrounds | Recreation Vehicle Safety & Education Foundation |

You just have to make sure you don't say things under your breath you don't want your love to hear. "Under your breath" can be easily picked up on the other's person's headset.

John, I can't believe you let this slip passed you.

I am dying to now exactly how it came to pass that Susan knows this "fact". :):lol::)

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

John, I can't believe you let this slip passed you.

I am dying to now exactly how it came to pass that Susan knows this "fact". :):lol::)

So many stories... so little time!

Archived