Vnl led

bigredhdt

Anyone have the "Truck-Lite" Leds?

One of my friends has badly yellowed lenses. She will need new housing. If she goes with genuine housings it's about $600 +$500 for the deep space lighting upgrade that I really like. The Leds are about $1500.

What provides better lighting?

Does the lcm need to be reprogrammed for leds?

There are a few in the group with the LEDs. Hither 'n' Yon were probably the first to have them. Yes the LCM does need programming, and I believe they'll only do it on '08 or newer trucks--most dealerships will charge an hour's labor (basically a minimum charge--doesn't take that long).

As far as housings, check out Advantage Truck Parts. $340/pair for Depo housings, which are a good aftermarket alternative.

45' 2004 Showhauler -- VNL300, ISX, FreedomLine -- RVnerds.com -- where I've started to write about what I'm up to

Headlight and Fog Light Upgrades http://deepspacelighting.com

The Depo housings are great. Every bit as good as the OEM.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

I have the factory LED headlights in my truck and they do work very well. They are a lot cheaper when spec'ing them on a new truck than adding later. Also, the new LED housing are supposed to have a new finish that wears longer.

"Diamond Shell 2.0 Lens Coating designed specifically to combat lens hazing from damaging UV rays, chemicals, and debris."

Archived