Hello! New RVers, Prepping for Full Time

A_K_Chesnut

Some fresh water tanks do not have drains, ours didn't but was added later. You may be able to use your low point drains and run your pump to get most of it.

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.

If it were mine, I'd probably just leave the heat on as you mentioned earlier, but with cabinet doors propped open if your water lines are all inside of the

RV. I'd also keep the water heater turned on. A lot depends upon how long it stays below freezing, and as important is how much below. At 18° you could experience a hard freeze and you don't want your water pump to freeze as it would break the housing. With a 93 you probably have all plastic water lines and those will withstand some freezing. You might want to protect the drain lines as they could freeze and one of those breaking would be nasty. You can add some RV antifreeze to both of your waste tanks and that will help but you probably need to drive around to mix it all. You don't need all of the water out of the fresh water tank as a bit of ice in the bottom won't hurt a thing but if you are pumping antifreeze from the water tank you probably need 2 or 3 gallons of antifreeze and you need a by-pass kit for the water heater if you plan to drain it. You can't pump in the antifreeze with the water heater drained and it will hold 6 gallons by it's self.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Thanks! Gonna drain the water heater and will bipass and hand pump rv antifreeze through all the lines. My wife is dumping what little is in the tanks now. I'll take a look at that water pump too.

Husband and wife team.

Preparing for full time,

starting August, 2016!

Systems drained and filled with RV antifreeze! That little hand pump that attaches to the city water inlet is super handy. A bit of a comedy of errors trying to figure out how to bypass the water heater after we drained it. Ended up getting some antifreeze in there then discovered that one of the knobs sends water out a drain out the bottom of the RV. :lol: Wasn't able to get the fresh water drained passed about 1/8th full, but the water level is below the water pump so that should be dandy.

Had a great time sorting it all out! Thanks everyone for your help and advice!!

Husband and wife team.

Preparing for full time,

starting August, 2016!

Still hard to believe it's ours! We certainly have some work ahead of us getting it ready, but I'm looking forward to it (once this snow melts and it warms up a bit). 4.5 months and counting!

DSC_0799-X3.jpg

Husband and wife team.

Preparing for full time,

starting August, 2016!

Well we haven't gone anywhere yet (minus the emissions test and VIN verification), but already having plenty of adventures. This is the second time since we brought her home I've had to clear off snow from the roof. 7" so far and supposed to snow all day, I'll go back out this afternoon with the broom again. Getting pretty good at it!

https://youtu.be/3F_w6pIFYsU

Husband and wife team.

Preparing for full time,

starting August, 2016!

Archived