Forward stacks

Stan Wright

C5AE9C32-D30F-43CC-8990-BF198AE96FA6_zps

On my peterbilt they make it a little tighter fitting in the door.

With the heat shield there's no problem with heat.

If you run with your window down, it's louder for sure.

But makes it a lot easier to build your bed with the stacks out-of-the-way.

I have a weed burner on my company truck and I never have liked them. Just my opinion ?

Weed burners to me make a much lower rumble into the cab And stir up a lot of dirt and dust from the ground.

They are louder and would make it tight getting in on a Century. In my opinion they do not look good on an Aero truck but look good on a classic. I would hate to clean the bugs off all that shiney stuff with holes too. That area gets a lot of bug splatter on the sleeper. We have a weed eater and it us much quieter and we exit out the side near rear wheel so do not get the dust cloud.

I like the look of dual stacks behind the sleeper but deck space is more valuable than looks.

Dave

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.

The Coronado has the side mounted cab exhaust. Hard to find one without! For those that don't know the early Century, Coronado and Columbia share the same cab. I think 2011 or 12 was when it went to a dedicated cab, same time the Cascadia came out.

Curt

2001 Freightliner Century, 500hp Series 60, Gen 2 autoshift, 3.42 singled rear locker.

2004 Keystone Sprinter 299RLS (TT)

2 & 4 Wheelers!

2013 Polaris Ranger 800 midsize LE

Our motto "4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul!"

Howdy All,

I like the look of the twin side stacks on the Columbia, if I had such a setup on my truck and removed the wings on the rear of the cab I just might be able to carry my Smart Car on the rear deck. I have looked around for the parts to do this in a few truck junk yards and have not found them, I haven't checked what the cost to do this would come to when using new parts but I am sure it would be much more then I am willing to pay.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

Archived