Anyone here in Ontario Canada ?

michael11

Hi Everyone !

Thinking about upgrading to an HDT from my 2011 F350 DRW. I have been researching for the last week or so, the only issue I am finding is insurance. Was hoping that maybe someone here might be from Ontario, and can point me in the right direction for insurance..

Thanks in advance !!

Welcome Michael

There are at least four of us on the forum. Billr in northern Ontario, Hone Eagle in the southwest, Flapper from parts unknown to me and I'm half hour north of Toronto. I will send you a PM and my email address.

Nigel

2006 Volvo VNL 430, 2006 smart cabrio cdi, 2000 Triple E Topaz 30'

Your welcome! We use miller insurance as our agent. If u have no luck there number is 519 396 3465, ask for Doug Storrie.

PS where in Ontario are u from?

2014 jayco siesmic 3914

1998 volvo 610, singled short ( bought in 2005)

14 speed volvo tranny

2014 Toyota yaris

Hey guys. Found this thread after joining the forum. I am also in Ontario and I am looking to get rid of our 2014 F350 to switch to a HDT. Up until reading these posts we were under the impression we would have to use a type of commercial insurance. Also has anyone had any succes registering it as a RV in Ontario ?

Registering as a motor home is easy. Finding an insurance agent that knows how to get the underwriter to approve is another. My truck (sorry motor home) is with CoOperaters. I couldn't get past my Intact agent and yet Bob A has his there.

Nigel

2006 Volvo VNL 430, 2006 smart cabrio cdi, 2000 Triple E Topaz 30'

Newcomer, live A little South of London On, Looking at getting back in to the RV scene after a few years abscent, have a few years to go before retiring, but when i do i'am hitting the road, I had a "A" liscence for many years and let it go about 10 years ago, looking in to converting a 630 Volvo or a 430, was wondering what kinda deal is it as far as a liscense, what do you require ???, I dropped down to a DZ, very familiar with truck being a heavy equipment and truck mechanic for many years so the conversion may not be a big deal, i have a very well equipped shop to complete the work, need some thoughts from guys that are already doing the HDT, seems the truck are fairly resonanble with regards to price, looking at 6-8 year old truck with about 800,000 k on it, what is some things to think about, also not to interested in a heavy duty pick up to do the pulling for 60-80 G's, when you can do it with a real truck for under 50 G's

appreciate any feed back

Thanks Curt

The switch is pretty easy meet 4 of the 7 requirements get it recertified as a motorhome and go to get new plates.

I put portapotty under bunk, already had bunk heater, installed inverter for 120 volt power, bought little self contained burner for cooking device. (Check info on mto government website)

2014 jayco siesmic 3914

1998 volvo 610, singled short ( bought in 2005)

14 speed volvo tranny

2014 Toyota yaris

The switch is pretty easy meet 4 of the 7 requirements get it recertified as a motorhome and go to get new plates.

I put portapotty under bunk, already had bunk heater, installed inverter for 120 volt power, bought little self contained burner for cooking device. (Check info on mto government website)

Did they verify all the requirements in your truck during the switch ? I was told the make model of the truck would have to come up in their system as a RV in order for them to register it. I guess it would depend on which office it is.

What Nigel said on the affidavit. They want a detailed account of what was done to change the vehicle from what it was to what it is now.

No insp by MTO. No pics.

Just Insurance slip, Safety (no truck yellow sticker req, but need to use truck shop) bill of sale and emission test if in Area req in Ontario.

Bill and Joan and 3 Collie pups

2001 Volvo VNL 770 "The Doghouse" Singled short, "ET" hItch VED12 465HP Gen 1 Autoshift 3.58 ratio  2005 Mobile Suite 38RL3  2011 Smart Passion loaded piggybacK

Weigh-It Portable RV Scales http://www.weighitrv.com/

Archived