Private Messaging Disabled?

bmzero

For the past few days, I have received a message stating that I don't have permission to use the private messaging system. Is this a site-wide issue or am I just special somehow?

I sent an email to the administrator as suggested in the permission denied message a few days ago, but still no response. I have several PM's waiting for responses.

"Willy Mammoth" - Volvo 730, Sold

Heartland Cyclone 4000 Toy Hauler
T-Minus 26 years and counting to being a full timer.

When I hover my mouse over most people's screen names, I see a button that says "Send Message." I don't see that same button when I hover over your screen name, so perhaps you have not enabled private messaging on your profile?

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

When I hover my mouse over most people's screen names, I see a button that says "Send Message." I don't see that same button when I hover over your screen name, so perhaps you have not enabled private messaging on your profile?

Thanks, Linda. However, I do not see the ability to enable or disable the Personal Messenger in my control panel.

As suggested by this post, there should be an option to "Disable Personal Messenger". I have used PM's quite a bit here. So, it's strange that it would be disabled suddenly.

maybe a possible block from spammers trying to get to members.

That was my first thought as well, which is why I sent an email to the admin account as suggested in the "permission denied" message. Still no response days later, though. Not sure what else to do.

That was my first thought as well, which is why I sent an email to the admin account as suggested in the "permission denied" message. Still no response days later, though. Not sure what else to do.

I just sent you a private message...........

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I assumed Kirk fixed it. I didn't change anything on my side.

I did nothing at all to fix the site and don't have any power to do so. What I did was to mouse over your user ID and in the window that opened, I then clicked on "send message" and then typed one in to see if you would get it. The moderator listing really doesn't give us the ability to fix anything. ;)

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I did nothing at all to fix the site and don't have any power to do so. What I did was to mouse over your user ID and in the window that opened, I then clicked on "send message" and then typed one in to see if you would get it. The moderator listing really doesn't give us the ability to fix anything. ;)

Ha. It was magic, then! Either way, I appreciate your interest in trying to help.

Archived