Driveshaft uncoupler

chuckm6408

We have not but we have known several folks who have done so and all were satisfied with the results. It is important that the shop who does the install be reliable, but my friend who installed his own says that if you have the tools and some basic skills (which I don't) it really isn't a bad job to put one in.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

We 1st towed an 1988 Aerostar automatic 2 wheel drive, with a Remco Driveshaft Disconnect without any problems outside a yearly lubrication adjustment of the disconnect "WIRE". I say wire since it was a hardened wire like you would find on a lawn mower throttle control rather than a cable. I switched the assembly over to a 1994 Aerostar Extended Chassis again with good results. At the time Remco would take the "disconnect" for one compatible with the new vehicle for about $125 plus shipping both ways. We only stopped using the Remco system due to Ford dropping the Aerostar from their product line. Scottiemom loved her Aerostars, if they still built them we'd still be towing one. I sold the complete assembly on EBAY for about $100 after a couple of years of it sitting in the garage.

Teacher's Pet

'06 40' Phaeton QSH 350 Cat.

'04 R-Vision B+ Model 213, 6.0 Chevrolet.

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com

http://map.datastormusers.com/user3.cfm?user=3912

There is also one that is on the driveshaft. It fits at the differential.

Is there a different one from that? All of the Remco DRIVELINE DISCONNECT KITS that I've seen were part of the drive shaft.

DSC.png

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

They are all mounted right in front of the dif. But the actual disconnect is on the driveshaft. WE had one on out Tacoma. Worked great. You can call Southwest driveline in Yuma for more info. Remco split the company into the disconnect and the lube pump. I think the disconnect still has an office in Nebraska or Iowa.

Moisheh

These work great and are very easy to install.

I tow an unusual toad and Remco made a disconnect for my vehicle in a couple of weeks.

I was able to install it in a couple of hours using hand tools.

We have been using it for 6 years with no problems and only an occasional cleaning and lube.

Hope this helps

Jeff

Jeff and Michelle Cooper

92 Alumalite 33XL Motorhome

93 Coachman 19rb Class B van

1986 Eagle SX-4 Toad

Archived