Slide weight limit

CathyinMB

Is the buffet is 200# unloaded and you will be putting 200 pounds of stuff in it? For a total of 400#? Will you also have seating in the area, or will the buffet be the only thing there?

Is the slide out a dual rail, or just a single rail in the center?

Since the slide out should be built to seat 4 people it should handle 400# while extended or closed, but the slide out probably was never intended to be opened or closed with 4 people in the slide out.

Bottom line, if you are talking about 400#, then no. Maybe 150# would be OK.

BTW, anything that big and heavy you want to secure it to keep it from tipping over while traveling.

Al & Sharon
2006 Winnebago Journey 36G 
2020 Chevy Colorado Toad
San Antonio, TX

http://downtheroadaroundthebend.blogspot.com/

I can't find anything on-line for the slide capacity.

You'd have to consider how much you are taking out and how much you are putting in to have a good idea of the differences. The table and chairs probably weigh a good fraction of what your dinette is going to weigh so I'd bet the difference won't be an issue. However, if you load up the dinette storage space with heavy stuff it may be more of a problem.

As was mentioned many slide systems do not do well if you expect them to move with people or other additional weight on them, it is often enough to cause some binding or worse dragging and scratching your floor. Still I'd not worry unless you load up the storage with heavy stuff, use it for your spare bedding or the like and put the heavy stuff elsewhere and you should be fine.

You could always try a test by stacking about the weight difference you expect to add on the slide and moving it very carefully, if the manufacturer doesn't answer you that is what I'd try.

First rule of computer consulting:

Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day.

Sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

Their current 337RKT shows an entertainment center and pantry on a slide with the dinette so I'd guess the buffet with couch would probably be OK. But, that's pure guess. They may have changed the slide mechanism between the two model years. And the couch may weigh as much as the pantry goods. I hope you get a definitive answer from the company.

But, I wouldn't be buying this unit anyway since the recliners don't face the TV which most people on this forum know is one of my pet peeves. :)

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

The mfgr. should have a maximum gross weight for the slide, keep after them. Naturally that is static weight when extended.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

Archived