Is this a good brand of SDXC micro SD card

DJW

Looking to get a 128GB SDXC micro storage card for the Windows Lumia 640 smart phone I got for my grand daughter last June. The 640 max's out at 128 GB. It looks like you will need at least 8 GB's of storage when you go to upgrade to Windows 10 Mobile. The phone only came with 8GB's to begin with, so I am guessing she would not be able to upgrade to Windows 10 Mobile. Or should I just get her a 64GB SDXC micro storage card for $13.88. Both are on New Egg to day. 1 on Flash and 1 on regular daily e-mail

Silicon Power 128GB up to 75MB/s Micro SDXC UH s-1 class 10, Elite Flash Memory card with Adaptor (SP128GBSTXBU1V20SP) $38.99 Free Shipping

Dennis

USA Master Sergeant Ret.

If she has gotten by with only 8GB then a 64GB should be plenty big for her..

My iPhone is only 16GB and I have a lot of app on it. Even CoPilot GPS.

But with pictures, & some Videos on it. I only now have 3.1GB left to use.

But I have some app's that I could take off that I very seldom or never use.

Full Time since Oct. 1999
99 Discovery 34Q DP | ISB
Datastorm | VMSpc | Co-Pilot Live | Pressure Pro
2014 MKS Twin Turbo V6 365 HP Toad
369070033.jpg

It takes forever for phones to index preloaded cards at 64GB and I have held off from getting bigger yet for that reason. I don't mean blank cards used exclusively for expansion of storage but ones I have pre loaded with my music and filled the cards up save for 15 GB for storage. Also be sure to unmount the card if you choose to remove it and then it will need to index it when it is put back into service.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

RV

I don't have a smart phone so I am not sure of the term "unmount" Is that like "being able to safely remove your external hard drive from USB"? Is this a procedure you need to do to remove the 8GB SD card that was installed from MS? I am not sure of what "indexing" is on a smart phone sd card. Is that like formatting it? I just don't want her to have any problems with storage space when the Windows 10 Mobile OS becomes available. Could you download your iTunes library to your smart phone if you have the storage capacity and then play it via iTunes?

Dennis

USA Master Sergeant Ret.

Yep, is done on Windows phones too and is called unmounting the SD drive.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Archived