Windows tablet with USB port

rynosback

I would upgrade to Windows 10 and learn it rather than learn two setups, 8.1 then 10. Unless you specifically know about any issues that particular tablet has with 10, go for it now. Why go through 2 learning curves. Windows 10 is awesome! Still has polishing of Edge to do but otherwise pretty impressive and very well done.

Give us a review when you are doing it and after, and how you like that tablet. It looks like an excellent buy.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

One note, I just realized that many issues are because of upgrading to 10 before installing programs. While this does sound counter intuitive, I would load all programs especially Quicken Home and Business 2014 and put you accounts in order. I am about to test the theory because my wife's old desktop started as Windows 7 and we upgraded it with all programs in place and all work perfectly under 10. I bought her a replacement All In One desktop that was an open box $1k system for $300. It was upgraded first then I tried to load our program on it. After five hours on the phone with Quicken we gave up after I bought Quicken 2016, tried to install, and got the same error. (They refunded already) I had no real time in it save for updates so I factory restored it to 8.1. IN the next couple of days or next week after the holiday, I will load Quicken and try to activate it. If it still does not I will then get back on the phone with them, but I suspect it will run fine and upgrade fine. It isn't a problem with 10 but a problem with 10 upgraded first I believe. I'd load it then upgrade it before putting all your personal files on so you can do a restore if necessary. I believe it automatically uses extra compatibility for upgrades of programs in place. We'll see. I've had no issues with 10 save for the one I upgraded before loading programs. NO issues upgrading unclean with all programs and data in place on any of them. All of my systems started life out as 7 or 8/8.1, none were 10 from the factory.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Archived