Cell amplifier/repeater alternatives

Dutch_12078

It's not looking promising that Gord will have a shipping product within the time frame I'll need it, so I'm starting to look at alternatives. I'm interested in what the group consensus is for a system with similar installation specs, as in a quality outside antenna, a ceiling dome or wall panel style multi-user inside antenna, and of course a good quality well spec'ed amplifier equipped to run on 12 volts. My initial choice would be the weBoost 4G-X Extreme RV Signal Booster Kit that comes with a Wilson Trucker spring antenna and mount, and a wall panel inside antenna, but I'm certainly open to other suggestions. Pricing in the $600-650 range is about the max my budget will tolerate for this purchase.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

It's not looking promising that Gord will have a shipping product within the time frame I'll need it, so I'm starting to look at alternatives. I'm interested in what the group consensus is for a system with similar installation specs, as in a quality outside antenna, a ceiling dome or wall panel style multi-user inside antenna, and of course a good quality well spec'ed amplifier equipped to run on 12 volts. My initial choice would be the weBoost 4G-X Extreme RV Signal Booster Kit that comes with a Wilson Trucker spring antenna and mount, and a wall panel inside antenna, but I'm certainly open to other suggestions. Pricing in the $600-650 range is about the max my budget will tolerate for this purchase.

We should be shipping in 2 to 3 weeks. Case samples are being approved to day . That was the last piece needed. Just waiting on my portable wound vac to check out and get home!!

Keeping You Connected

Proud Commercial Member #129 http://www.maximumsignal.net/

Ahh! That's great news, Gord, and glad to see you're on the mend! I'll hold off a bit longer on purchasing then. I am concerned some about the early performance report from Technomadia though. Hopefully that issue will get worked out quickly...

On edit: I am still interested in other folks opinions for a "Plan B" system though... :)

Dutch

Ahh! That's great news, Gord, and glad to see you're on the mend! I'll hold off a bit longer on purchasing then. I am concerned some about the early performance report from Technomadia though. Hopefully that issue will get worked out quickly...

On edit: I am still interested in other folks opinions for a "Plan B" system though... :)

Their testing does not line up with any other testing that has been done including carrier testing. We will address their problems

Keeping You Connected

Proud Commercial Member #129 http://www.maximumsignal.net/

Their testing does not line up with any other testing that has been done including carrier testing. We will address their problems

Thanks, Gord. I'll be following along as things progress. I'm really pulling for this to be a great success for you!

Dutch

Here are the comparative specs on all of the mobile boosters out there... we are doing extensive testing of them all:

Comparison: Mobile 4G Cellular Boosters (weBoost, SolidRF, MAX-AMP, SureCall)

We plan to have our initial reports of our fall testing out probably by the end of the month or early December. The 4G-X is performing well, but so is the 4G-M.

MaximumSignal has asked us to ship our prototype back to see what is up with it. We have tried every tweak and modification they have suggested in our installation. So unfortunately, we will not be able to include a recommendation for it in this round of testing. But we will test whatever they send us back in return.

We have the 'RV Kit' setup you are proposing in for testing. We're currently doing direct kit-to-kit testing on all of the boosters as they come shipped. Once we conclude that round, we have a variety of antenna setups in house to start testing with as well. Including MiMO antennas that bypass boosters all together. In general, we do not recommend the Trucker Style antennas, and are not expecting great results with it - as it does not cover all of the LTE bands.

Cherie & Chris (and Kiki *meow*) / Personal Blog: Technomadia.com
Technomads (technology enabled nomads) since 2006

Our Nomadic Fleet:
RVs:
Zephyr: 1961 GM 4106 bus conversion / Blooper: 2020.5 Winnebago Travato GL Boat: Y-Not: 1999 Bayliner 4788

Hosts of the Mobile Internet Resource Center
Mobile Internet Information for RVers, Cruisers & Nomads
Proud to be recognized as Escapee's Commercial Partners #773 / Escapees RVOU Instructors

Thanks for the heads up on the Trucker... I'm going to hold off as long as possible to give Gord a chance to get a proven product out the door. I'm looking forward to seeing Jack's test results as well.

Dutch

I had to get the antenna outside so installed a Wireng BoatANT, which is rated at 10dB gain at 2.5gHz, far better than the trucker. And it truly is performing far better. This is attached to a Pepwave BR-1, no amplifier. I'll add an amp if I find that I need it. Previously I was using a Cyfre amp and Trucker for 3G.

Unfortunately the BoatANT apparently has been discontinued but the BoatANT Mini is still available and is rated at 7dB. wireng.com

Of course this sort of setup provides wifi and wifi-as-wan, so voice smartphones can use the wifi but no yakking. (and that's good LOL)

If Verizon enables voice-over-wifi maybe we'll be able to yak over the connection.

-C&J-

CG reviews & more - www.fugawetribe.com

The BoatAnt and its siblings perform quite well. There is a test report on them I did on the Technomadia site. Also, I think it is on my site - but I now ALWAYS post my testing first on the Technomadia site.

The current crop of antennas is a mixed bag. Some vendors are supplying antennas that clearly are not designed to cover all the LTE bands. Why they do that is a mystery to me.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

We should be shipping in 2 to 3 weeks. Case samples are being approved to day . That was the last piece needed. Just waiting on my portable wound vac to check out and get home!!

Glad to see you are alive! I hope you make sure you are fully recovered before you get too involved with the business. We can all survive a bit longer waiting for your device; your health is irreplaceable. B)

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

Archived