Storage and batteries.

SunJuniper

well im going back to a brick and mortar home as my Alzheimers parent is getting worse quick and isnt safe by himself... :-(

*I* will be taking care of him 24/7 until the day arrives. he seems so lost right now it hard to watch but im NOT gonna

just put him in a nursing home and leave him there. and he doesnt have $$ for assisted living (besides the 3-4 year wait to get in)

the house were renting doesnt have the room for the 5er or the Volvo.. *I* wish it did...

do i need to disconnect the battery cables from each and every battery before i leave it?

or just the main leads that leave the batteries and the ECM wiring (and my inverter/charger wiring)

seems around here , they dont offer storage with power that i can find yet.

im all ears....

Fulltimer Class of 2007

1998 Volvo VNL64T610 Detroit Series 60 12.7 470HP/1650TQ Eaton 18spd 228"WB Tandem
2006 40' ToyHauler 3 slides and a 14' Toybox

Like Mark said, just pull the ground. If it is outside you could put on a solar powered Battery Tender

When I was storing over a winter I brought all four batteries home and rotated two Battery Tenders between them.

Dennis & Nancy
Tucson, AZ in winter, on the road in summer.

1999 Volvo 610 "Bud" 425 HP Volvo, Super 10 spd.
2005 Mountain Aire 35 BLKS
2013 smart fortwo CityFlame riding on Bud
(Replaced '05 smart first loaded in '06

and '11 smart that gave it's life to save me!)
Our Travel Blog

Sorry for the news lou10. As Mark&Dale said the ground will prevent drain, but you also should consider a charger/maintainer if you have power to prevent freezing or sulfating the batteries. Might wanna pull them out and take them with you to do that if you're gonna be stationary for a long time.

"There are No Experts, Do the Math!"

2014 Freightliner Cascadia DD16 600hp  1850ft-lb  18spd  3.31  260"wb
SpaceCraft S-470
SKP #131740

Lou,

Very sorry to hear this; is your dad a vet that served anytime during a period of war? There is a VA program called aid and attendance,

http://www.canhr.org/factsheets/misc_fs/html/fs_aid_&_attendance.htm

I was the primary care giver for my mother who had dementia it is all consuming, you are going to need help!

Let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Steve

2005 Peterbilt 387-112 Baby Cat 9 speed U-shift

1996/2016 remod Teton Royal Atlanta

1996 Kentucky 48 single drop stacker garage project

catdiesellogo.jpg.e96e571c41096ef39b447f78b9c2027c.jpg Pulls like a train, sounds like a plane....faster than a Cheetah sniffin cocaine.   

thanks everyone for the information. this is a big step for me and the wife, Wife is a Nurse with 23 years experience (she will continue to work) as i will be staying home with dad.

it was suggested that i also make time for myself while taking care of dad.

nobody so far seems to offer power. if they did , id just plug up the charger/inverter in the truck...

Steve: dad served in the 50's and never did war time and has Never used veteran services EVER. feel free to send me a PM or a email.

Dennis: yes everything here is outside for rv storage. thanks for the link to the solar charger. (Mr Seas) also suggested the solar charger route which i think will be my best bet. my brain is overwelmed. never thought id have to be putting my baby in storage, let alone my 5er.

Ronbo: thanks for the reminder about the grounds on the ECM.

Fulltimer Class of 2007

1998 Volvo VNL64T610 Detroit Series 60 12.7 470HP/1650TQ Eaton 18spd 228"WB Tandem

How much abuse can deep cycle batteries take in my 5er?

if i leave them disconnected without a trickle charger on them, how soon will i be replacing them ??

Fulltimer Class of 2007

How much abuse can deep cycle batteries take in my 5er?

if i leave them disconnected without a trickle charger on them, how soon will i be replacing them ??

I would look at the solar route for your fifth wheel as well as the truck.

Good luck, that is a lot you are doing. My wife and I went through it with my mom and now with my wife's aunt.

John

Southern Nevada

2008 Volvo 780, D13, I-Shift

2017 Keystone Fuzion 420 Toyhauler 

2017 Can-Am Maverick X3-RS

ALAKAZARCACODEFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMAMNMS
event.png

Archived