Branson Lakeside RV Park?

Second Chance

Has anyone worked at the Branson Lakeside RV Park in Branson, MO? We were contacted today about a six-month stint next year. It sounds like a nice situation and a good trade-off of time for space and amenities. We'd like to know if anyone has any experience with this particular park (150 spaces on the lake run by the City of Branson).

Thanks,

Rob

2012 F350 CC LB DRW 6.7
2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
Full-time since 8/2015

StatesVisited20210913_small.jpg

I stayed at the RV Park this past May for one week. I live in SE Texas and I had a conference to

attend at the Branson Convention Center which is less then one mile from the RV Park. I took my 38 foot fiver with BH and a

grand kid and we had a great time. The park is nice and right on the lake. Some of the spots are a little tight and they have people

who direct you into your spot. I would think that it would be good to work there. There is an Escapees RV park very close but my BH

thought it looked a bit dated and it is not right on the lake but on a side lagoon of the lake and the water doesn't look as nice as the very clear

lake water. Good Luck

I stayed at the RV Park this past May for one week. I live in SE Texas and I had a conference to

attend at the Branson Convention Center which is less then one mile from the RV Park. I took my 38 foot fiver with BH and a

grand kid and we had a great time. The park is nice and right on the lake. Some of the spots are a little tight and they have people

who direct you into your spot. I would think that it would be good to work there. There is an Escapees RV park very close but my BH

thought it looked a bit dated and it is not right on the lake but on a side lagoon of the lake and the water doesn't look as nice as the very clear

lake water. Good Luck

Thanks, "whj." Looking at the photo album, the park looked a little more than "a little tight." Everything else seems nice, though. I think we're leaning away from doing it after discussing it last night and this morning. They want a six-month commitment (April - September, 2016) and that's more than we want to be tied down during our first 12 months of full-timing. We'll keep them in mind for the future, though.

Rob

2012 F350 CC LB DRW 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

Have you called to see if they would maybe consider 3 months. I agree the 6 months would be more than we would want. <_< If you have not been to Branson, it is nice with many things to do there and the surrounding area. :)

2010 Newmar Dutch Aire 4304-Spartan Chassis-Cummins ISL 425hp-2013 Chevrolet Equinox AWD Towed-SKP# 120487-FMCA #402879-

Hubby and I were camphosts there in 2009. Lots of things may have changed since then, so no reason to get into specifics but I do want to mention their dog policy. They are EXTREMELY dog friendly, to the point where they accepted a reservation from a man with 14 bully breeds in his toy hauler. Be prepared to clean up dog poo with a snow shovel.

I don't know any details about the camp ground, but from our perspective, 6 months is a long time to camp host. We have been hosting for 2 1/2 years now and the longest stay has been for 3 months. We now try to limit our stays to 2 months on the basis that it takes 1 month to learn the job/area and the 2nd month to fine tune the host experience. After that, the stay starts to feel like a job and the hitch itch sets in. I also believe that it's good business for campgrounds to rotate host with shorter stays rather then allow host to become stagnant and too set in their ways.

Greg

Rob, The place looks like a large parking lot next to the water. Almost like a boat ranp with RV's on it. The whole thought of RVing to me is to go north in the summer and south in the winter.

Hosting in 90-100 degree weather just will not work for us. Our first year of fulltiming and workkamping, we worked @ Mt Rushmore in the gift shop running a cash register. We loved it. Inside a A/C building, a pass to see almost every thing in the Black Hills for free, discounts at the local resturants, a chance to visit with folks from all over the world.

Unless you have family in Branson, skip it in the summer, come to the RGV in the winter, a lot of the Branson entainers will be there and you can see their show for $6 instead of $40+.

Jim

Fulltimming since 2000. Now 3/4 timming
2012 Ram Laramie CC, DRW, 2014 3150RL Montana
Sent via Verizon USB727 from somewhere.

Thanks, everyone. We just declined the offer based on the six-month commitment. We want to have more freedom during our first year of full-timing. Both of our mothers are 85... one lives in Richmond, VA, while the other lives in Las Cruces, NM. With other family north of Baltimore, in Augusta, GA, east Texas, and southern California, we want to keep our wheels rolling and see all the sights in between.

Rob

2012 F350 CC LB DRW 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

Archived