Leak in our Mobile Suites

Mike and Linda

Our 2009 36 TKSB4 is leaking when we experience the Houston Texas style thunderstorms. The leak shows up right under the hatch on the front of the coach, the hatch just to the left of the battery/hydraulic cavity behind the pin.

We have caulked about everything on the front of the coach but are still getting wet. The wardrobe area is dry, the area under the floor safe is dry and the wall under the right forward scare light is dry.

We have talked with Ed Fry at DRV and have caulked all of the place he suggested but still have the issue.

Anyone out there have an issue similar to this?

I have read that some folks with other brands have over loaded the front of the trailer, which caused cracks in the neck area and that led to cracks in the walls and roof. I have not seen this or heard of this in a DRV but I guess its possible.

Thanks for the thoughts on this leak. It does take a violent storm to get the leak to appear--we have had plenty of those in Houston lately. We are taking the unit back to the factory for some upgrades and changes so will let them work on the problem. I'm thinking I may have a slide seal that isn't holding up but I can't find it so if I had to work that issue I would rather be at the factory anyway.

Archived