Jack up Teton

bjarm

Need clarification on proper and safe way to jack up one wheel at a time on my Teton 20K lb trailer. I have a 20 ton bottle jack and I assume the best place for the jack is on solid metal base plate underneath leaf spring pack. Thanks for advice....

1999 Volvo 610 Detroit 12.7, 4.70, 10 speed, 40' Teton

Too many motorcycles and not enough time

www.shredx.net

This is the way I saw a AAA service guy change the rear tire on my triple axle toy hauler. I am not sure if this was a good thing. Maybe some one can comment on this procedure.

He placed a 4x4 (angle cut on the rear) in front of my trailer wheels. Then, using my truck, I pulled forward until the two front wheels were on the 4x4. He then used his light weight floor jack to lift the rear axle just enough to change the rear tire. The floor jack was placed under the rear axle.

Jim

Running up on a block is the way the tire boys at the shop change most big truck tires and axles tied together like the 5th wheels usually are. It will not work if you have independent suspension, so no need to bother with the block. If you can let your stabilizer jacks down too it will help to keep things level, hard to do on the side of the road though.

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

I've got the Big Foot system on mine and when the dreadful china bomb blew, I just blocked under my rear feet and lifted the whole unit up high enough to clear the pavement on my middle axle. I did bleed off my air suspension system before lifting the trailer. Actually had the tire off when the road service showed up.

Rocky & Sheri Rhoades
'01 Volvo 770
2016 DRV Mobile Suites, Houston
HERO Makers Ministry

30495168531_143d8fb8d6_m.jpg

I have torsion suspension on the my living quarter/horse trailer and I just run the other tire up on a block. I do this regularly to service or set the brakes. Safer to as it will not slip off a jack.

2005 Western Star, MDE 4000 ,singled mid, 12' deck with Smart Car
Bison Stratus 3 horse with 16' short wall 12' slide out

http://www.spottedhorsegallery.com/
http://www.campingandhorses.com/

Archived