Engineering vs. reality

phoenix2013

Few months back the Old Goat posted few pictures of a design he was "commissioned" to do.

final%25204.jpg

final%25201.jpg

At that early stage the whole project was dubbed an EWD or an Engineering Wet Dream.

The real thing was on the display at the ECR this April

DSC_0109.JPG

DSC_0111.JPG

Sort of like packing your own parachute a designer should be willing to "stand behind his design".

DSC_0110.JPG

Very nicely done!

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

Another beautiful and highly functional design from OGDW [Old Goat Design Works]. I try to sped as much time around him as I can....hoping that some of his engineering and design skills will rub off on me. Heck, I even danced with him at the ECR,,,,, Charlie

Don't ever tell a soldier that he doesn't understand the cost of war.

Another beautiful and highly functional design from OGDW [Old Goat Design Works]. I try to sped as much time around him as I can....hoping that some of his engineering and design skills will rub off on me. Heck, I even danced with him at the ECR,,,,, Charlie

Charlie. you were really a good sport.

DSC_0148.JPG

But, before the tongues go wagging we must come clean about what really is going on here.

Jeff was providing an evening entertainment at the ECR and when the Old Goat arrived Jeff was playing particularly upbeat piece, the Old Goat's mind snapped and sent him on the search for a dancing partner.

This is not an uncommon "event". All you engineers and designers know that in order to design one has to let one's mind sort of "go free", sort of "wander around". The Old Goat is a great believer in letting his mind draw inspiration from various "creative" endeavours. Few examples, some conventional

2534002740096176628hacYpI_fs.jpg

and some not.

2966975700096176628cOrOtD_fs.jpg

Miss%2520Herman.JPG

Relax guys, it was photoshopped.

2873771930096176628uEJkzr_fs.jpg

"This is not an uncommon "event". All you engineers and designers know that in order to design one has to let one's mind sort of "go free", sort of "wander around". The Old Goat is a great believer in letting his mind draw inspiration from various "creative" endeavours."

I guess I sould be a designer----- I "go free" and "wander around" from sunrise to sunset the problem is have CRS!!!!

ha ha

Bob&Kay
2012 VNL730 I Shift D13 2.47 ratio
2018 Mobile Suites 40 kssb4

"This is not an uncommon "event". All you engineers and designers know that in order to design one has to let one's mind sort of "go free", sort of "wander around". The Old Goat is a great believer in letting his mind draw inspiration from various "creative" endeavours."

I guess I sould be a designer----- I "go free" and "wander around" from sunrise to sunset the problem is have CRS!!!!

ha ha

Do you "wander around" in the M274, interesting "collectors item"

Awesome set of steps. Turned out beautiful.

The reason that Old Goat looks so pleased is because he only provided the design and the drawings, Steve Dixon had these fabricated locally and added his "own touches" to the design, like making them completely out of aluminum.

It's even more rewarding when someone else can take the project and run with it, well.

Archived