Replacing Shower Faucet

I have a 2000 Fleetwood Class A Discovery. I am trying to replace a shower faucet and cannot see a access panel (behind the faucet is the refrigerator). I am trying to find out if anyone else has had this problem with this model and how they replaced faucet. Someone suggested cutting a panel out but not sure I want to do that. All suggestions appreciated. Thank You

If the refrigerator is behind it then there is a very good chance that you will need to remove the refrigerator to get in there and replace it. It is also very common for you to have to cut an access hole to replace a faucet set that is inside of a wall.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I've not seen one quite like that but I notice that there are four small buttons across the top of that plate which look like they might either be the attaching points or that they may cover some screws or something. It seems to be intended to pull out far enough to remove the attached water lines which must be behind it.

Hopefully someone here will have worked with one of this type, but I'm afraid that it isn't me so I'll suggest waiting to see of others can be of more help. Anybody? ?

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

You may find someone at link that has the same year Model as yours. And has fixed the same problem. You do have to Join $$. http://www.datastormusers.com/

Not sure how a site for satellite Internet would help with the replacement of a shower faucet. When did it become a pay site? When I joined many years ago (when we were still using satellite Internet), I didn't have to pay.

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

I replaced the shower faucet assembly in our 2006 Winnebago Sightseer. It is held on the wall by screws and I just took out the screws and was able to unscrew the water hoses and attach the new faucet. As I remember there are flexible hoses going to the faucet so it wasn't a problem.

Those little buttons in your photo may be covers over the screws. Take a small screwdriver and see if the buttons will pop off.

Al & Sharon
2006 Winnebago Journey 36G 
2020 Chevy Colorado Toad
San Antonio, TX

http://downtheroadaroundthebend.blogspot.com/

Archived