Microsoft finally gets it right with the Surface 3

RV_

Free Word and Excel equivalents aren't bad. But when it comes to Publisher, PowerPoint, ACCESS, or Outlook, there just isn't good or even fair equivalents.

We use Office 365 Home which includes the entire suite of Office products for $100 a year for up to 5 PCs.

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

I need Outlook so we will be using office 2010 on all my machines. But the tablets that came with Office free had all but Outlook/Access/Publisher included, so I loaded just Outlook on those, and the whole of Office 2010 in the rest. My thinking was that using the newer versions of Word/Excel/PowerPoint benefit my for the upcoming changes. They've already helped me to understand and use One Drive and cross platform syncing in the case of the Office that comes on the Windows phones.

Mark' right about "Imitation" MSOffice alternatives and Office 365 in that as long as you subscribe you always have the latest version, and no support end. If you can get a two or three license virgin legal copy of Office 2010 for the price of one year of 365 you could be ahead for five years.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

I am using an ASUS T200TA with the Z3795 SoC in it. It is an 11.6" hybrid with keyboard and separates into the tablet and keyboard dock. It is a 64 bit Windows system as well as having 4GB of RAM. It would be a long term keeper if it had great full HD graphics like my Venue 11 Pro with full HD but a 32 bit operating system and only 2GB of RAM.

I looked at a review of the x7-Z8700 SoC in the new Surface and they said the only spectacular changes were in the smaller microarchitecture, cooler running @ 90° F max, lower voltage, and much improved graphics. So I compared the two and was amazed at how well my current Z3795 stacks up.

Here is an overview and detailed side by side comparison.

http://www.cpu-world.com/Compare/53/Intel_Atom_Z3795_vs_Intel_Atom_x7_Z8700.html

Wow!

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Archived