Manual Step or Freestanding Stool?

Desertswimmer

We have a working manual step that we have to bend WAY down to activate with lever. The step is on the small side too. Looking for advice on type of light freestanding stool that is super stable. Thank you in advance!

Jo

Fort Courage

1984 Lazy Daze Class C 22'

High Desert CA

We had one like that pictured in Yarome's link.

With a motorhome, be sure to do a final walk around before leaving...we didn't do that one time and drove off with the step still sitting there!

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

You might take a look at this one. I would put a sheet of plywood or similar under it to prevent the legs from sinking into the ground.

We have one of these. They are aluminum and lightweight making them easy to handle. Very sturdy. We keep it handy in case the front of the. Mh has to go up to get it level.

<p>....JIM and LINDA......2001 American Eagle 40 '.towing a GMC Sierra 1500 4X4 with RZR in the rear. 1999 JEEP Cherokee that we tow as well.

IT IS A CONTENTED MAN WHO CAN APPRECIATE THE SCENERY ALONG A DETOUR.

Thank you for the link Yarome! That one looks good and the idea to put plywood down fits us to a t, we mostly will be camping on sand. Love that it is lightweight too.

Thanks for the reminder LindaH! Think I will have a viser full of clips to remind me about everything before pulling out. lol :)

Jo

Fort Courage

High Desert CA

Sorry about the link I posted prior . I keep forgetting they time out for security reasons .

If you Google "one step stool" and then click the image tab , you'll be able to view more steps than you'll ever need ( some are adjustable ) . If you click a pic , then you can click to visit the page that image came from ...

Goes around , comes around .

We bought the Harbor Freight folding step stand (about $30). It's a little high but not difficult to cut down. The feet are larger than just pegs and don't sing into the ground but we usually put a door mat under it anyway.

http://www.harborfreight.com/household/household/step-stool-working-platform-66911.html

It even has a nifty strap handle to pick it up. And the legs lock down.

WDR

1993 Foretravel U225 with Pacbrake and 5.9 Cummins with Banks

1999 Jeep Wrangler, 4" lift and 33" tires

Raspberry Pi Coach Computer

Ham Radio

We looked on Amazon for RV platform steps and found the one that we have. I don't see one that is exactly like the one which we chose but it was from Stromberg Carlson and is very similar to the PA-100 shown here. Pam was having hip problems last summer and had difficulty with the standard RV step on our travel trailer so I got this one and we love it. To us, it is much more safe to use than the typical ones on most RVs because it is far larger and you can step up completely onto it. We are not as young as we used to be and falling can be a serious issue. Also, Muffy is now 13 and she appreciates it as well.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys! Good points. I think we've decided on a platform type step. :) Between kids in a hurry, older dogs with hip problems and both of us not quite as steady as we used to be that sounds like a better fit for us. :)

Jo

Fort Courage

High Desert CA

Archived