Manual Step or Freestanding Stool?

Desertswimmer

Thank you for the link Yarome! That one looks good and the idea to put plywood down fits us to a t, we mostly will be camping on sand. Love that it is lightweight too.

Thanks for the reminder LindaH! Think I will have a viser full of clips to remind me about everything before pulling out. lol :)

Sorry about the link I posted prior . I keep forgetting they time out for security reasons .

If you Google "one step stool" and then click the image tab , you'll be able to view more steps than you'll ever need ( some are adjustable ) . If you click a pic , then you can click to visit the page that image came from ...

We bought the Harbor Freight folding step stand (about $30). It's a little high but not difficult to cut down. The feet are larger than just pegs and don't sing into the ground but we usually put a door mat under it anyway.

http://www.harborfreight.com/household/household/step-stool-working-platform-66911.html

It even has a nifty strap handle to pick it up. And the legs lock down.

WDR

We looked on Amazon for RV platform steps and found the one that we have. I don't see one that is exactly like the one which we chose but it was from Stromberg Carlson and is very similar to the PA-100 shown here. Pam was having hip problems last summer and had difficulty with the standard RV step on our travel trailer so I got this one and we love it. To us, it is much more safe to use than the typical ones on most RVs because it is far larger and you can step up completely onto it. We are not as young as we used to be and falling can be a serious issue. Also, Muffy is now 13 and she appreciates it as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived