I did it again.

lappir

Like a dummy I just unhooked my water softner without really paying attention to the inlet and outlet. I am pretty sure the first time I hooked it up, I had it backwards, because I couldn't tell any difference in the water in the rig. After a couple weeks ai backflushed (or flushed) it , recharged and hooked it up again. A remarkable difference was noted. If I hadn't moved it away from the owners house to flush it I would have been fine, but here I am not sure which end is the correct one to have inlet and outlet. I have tried looking at the websites but it is unclear from the photos and they only say inlet and outlet. I find nothing written on either.

The opening at the top where you place the salt seems to communicate with probably the outlet. Am I correct?

The other port is where the water runs out of when I turn the unit upside down to drain. I would assume that is the inlet allowing water in to come in contact with the media but as I write this maybe the water contacts the salt first and then goes through the media. It's so confusing right now. Help please,

Thanks, Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

No make known. One of the black units that you use table salt with. I have instructions for an RV Pro and it shows an inlet and outlet side but not from the top, only from a side view. They have a Y on the outlet, but mine came to me with nothing on either side.

Thanks for you immediate response.

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2007 Honda GL 1800

That would be true Rif but the device came with two female openings and screw in quick connectors. It seems like it should be easy to figure out but it isn't working for me today.

Rod

2007 Honda GL 1800

Finally found a photo, can't seem to post it here. Have marked the inlet and outlet. Hopefully the permanent marker stays on.

Rod

2007 Honda GL 1800

http://www.rvupgradestore.com/v/vspfiles/assets/pdf/RVPRO10000-Installation.pdf

Stanley, this is the place I found the installation instructions that had a photo of the top of the unit marked inlet and outlet.

Rod.

And for some reason the link worked taking me right to the photo. Would not do that earlier. Guess it's my computer.

Rod.

2007 Honda GL 1800

You don't say if you have the Y-connector. If you do that is always on the outlet side (I just leave mine on for that reason). For what it is worth the Y-connector is not a normal garden connector. The 'drain' side has just a small hole so that when you are back flushing and recharging the unit you do not risk losing the resin bed.

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg

I didn't get any of the connectors with the bottle and unfortunately no instructions. Bought it from this site after being used for a few months here in Florida. Now that I have this topic to fall back on I won't get confused again.

Rod.

2007 Honda GL 1800

Archived