TRICARE Express-scripts

Ray,IN

Thought I'd relate my experience with CVS pharmacy and Express-scripts. I've been having problems since Jan.1 2015 with Express-scripts repeatedly saying I have OHI=other health insurance. Only yesterday did find out that every time you use the CVS Extra Rewards Card to fill a short-term script (30 days or less), the Express-scripts computer program interprets it as having OHI, and automatically enters it in the system as such. This immediately stops Express-scripts from filling your prescriptions.
Directly from Express-scripts customer service. "Do not ever allow use the CVS card when paying for prescriptions, or even using your phone number for computer ID".

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

Things that make you go hmmmmmmmm. Perhaps they can change their computer glitch? Naaaw too simple. Thanks for the heads up Ray. I fill mine on base.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

That is indeed interesting! I fill mine on base. The wife uses ExpressScripts, but when she does need a short term scrip she also uses the base. That at least, does not create an issue. Makes a good argument for not filling them off base, if you are going to have pay full price.

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg

. "Makes a good argument for not filling them off base, if you are going to have pay full price."

However if you have Tricare you aren't paying full price.

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are" Theodore Roosevelt

"We can't control the wind, but we can adjust our sail"

"When man gave up his freedom to roam the earth, he gave up his soul for a conditioned ego that is bound by time and the fear of losing its attachments."

. "Makes a good argument for not filling them off base, if you are going to have pay full price."

However if you have Tricare you aren't paying full price.

That is true, but if you have Tricare, why would you be using another discount program? Maybe I am not understanding the OPs entitlements clearly.

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg

Hope we get clarification. I suspect that by swiping the card the customer may be getting store points etc and not necessarily an additional price discount on the script. But that's good info to know

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are" Theodore Roosevelt

"We can't control the wind, but we can adjust our sail"

"When man gave up his freedom to roam the earth, he gave up his soul for a conditioned ego that is bound by time and the fear of losing its attachments."

Archived