RV Storage for 2 months near Fort Lauderdale Florida

Aussie Eric

Hi All,

Gail and I are Australians and have recently purchased a 2011 Windsport 31D in New Haven, Connecticut, we have headed south as fast as we could for warmer weather and are now in southern Florida. We intend to spend about 6 months a year touring the US and Canada, then leave the Windsport in storage and head back to Australia. We are booked to fly out of Fort Lauderdale on the 14th January to LA, then back to OZ, all the Commercial storage yards and RV parks that have storage seem to be full at this time of the year. Would any member in the Ft Lauderdale area, with enough space to park our Windsport, be interested in earning a few dollars for 6-8 weeks from the 14th January. No problem if you are out of the Fort Lauderdale area, we are happy to catch a Taxi or Bus to the airport. Any help appreciated, our email is ericgail@bigpond.net.au, you can send us your phone number and we can call you to discuss.
Regards
Eric and Gail Greenwood

Outside storage areas are all over South Florida. I cannot imagine they are all full. One thing to be sure that you do is remove any and all food items and consider the storage area carefully. I put my Mini Cooper in a Park storage area for less than a month. It was covered with a good quality car cover and I thought very safe and secure. When I removed the cover I found that a colony of Ant's had decided to make a home in the car. Took me weeks to eliminate.

Another option is to contact the owners of some of the Equestrian facilities in the Western communities they often have lots of room and always need "Hay Money". Check the ads for stalls for rent and contact. Nice thing about those places is there is a lot of activity this time of the year someone is almost always coming and going. My experience is most are very honest and responsible.

Good Luck,

Rod

Thanks Rod,

Just looking at Craigslist now, place not to far from airport, will ring today. Good tip about Equestrian, will follow that up. Some of the storage places have said check back when nearer the time, we fly out on the 14th Jan so will ring around again closer to then. We use Borax and honey mixed together for the ants, works well

Regards

Eric

Outside storage areas are all over South Florida. I cannot imagine they are all full. One thing to be sure that you do is remove any and all food items and consider the storage area carefully. I put my Mini Cooper in a Park storage area for less than a month. It was covered with a good quality car cover and I thought very safe and secure. When I removed the cover I found that a colony of Ant's had decided to make a home in the car. Took me weeks to eliminate.

Another option is to contact the owners of some of the Equestrian facilities in the Western communities they often have lots of room and always need "Hay Money". Check the ads for stalls for rent and contact. Nice thing about those places is there is a lot of activity this time of the year someone is almost always coming and going. My experience is most are very honest and responsible.

Good Luck,

Rod

Archived