RV Storage for 2 months near Fort Lauderdale Florida

Aussie Eric

Hi All,

Gail and I are Australians and have recently purchased a 2011 Windsport 31D in New Haven, Connecticut, we have headed south as fast as we could for warmer weather and are now in southern Florida. We intend to spend about 6 months a year touring the US and Canada, then leave the Windsport in storage and head back to Australia. We are booked to fly out of Fort Lauderdale on the 14th January to LA, then back to OZ, all the Commercial storage yards and RV parks that have storage seem to be full at this time of the year. Would any member in the Ft Lauderdale area, with enough space to park our Windsport, be interested in earning a few dollars for 6-8 weeks from the 14th January. No problem if you are out of the Fort Lauderdale area, we are happy to catch a Taxi or Bus to the airport. Any help appreciated, our email is ericgail@bigpond.net.au, you can send us your phone number and we can call you to discuss.
Regards
Eric and Gail Greenwood

Just a thought. I wonder if an RV dealership would store it for that time period.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

If you needed some repairs on your coach, a repair shop would be more interested in storing it.

2009 Volvo 780. D-16 500hp 1850 torque with a Herrin hauler bed.

2015 Continental Coach

2008 650cc Suzuki Bergman

2013 Mustang GT 500 convertible

2014 Smartcar convertible

WWW.Hollyfab.com. (Metal Fabrication Company)

Jamesc@hollyfab.com (preferred contact method)

Outside storage areas are all over South Florida. I cannot imagine they are all full. One thing to be sure that you do is remove any and all food items and consider the storage area carefully. I put my Mini Cooper in a Park storage area for less than a month. It was covered with a good quality car cover and I thought very safe and secure. When I removed the cover I found that a colony of Ant's had decided to make a home in the car. Took me weeks to eliminate.

Another option is to contact the owners of some of the Equestrian facilities in the Western communities they often have lots of room and always need "Hay Money". Check the ads for stalls for rent and contact. Nice thing about those places is there is a lot of activity this time of the year someone is almost always coming and going. My experience is most are very honest and responsible.

Good Luck,

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

Thanks Rod,

Just looking at Craigslist now, place not to far from airport, will ring today. Good tip about Equestrian, will follow that up. Some of the storage places have said check back when nearer the time, we fly out on the 14th Jan so will ring around again closer to then. We use Borax and honey mixed together for the ants, works well

Regards

Eric

Outside storage areas are all over South Florida. I cannot imagine they are all full. One thing to be sure that you do is remove any and all food items and consider the storage area carefully. I put my Mini Cooper in a Park storage area for less than a month. It was covered with a good quality car cover and I thought very safe and secure. When I removed the cover I found that a colony of Ant's had decided to make a home in the car. Took me weeks to eliminate.

Another option is to contact the owners of some of the Equestrian facilities in the Western communities they often have lots of room and always need "Hay Money". Check the ads for stalls for rent and contact. Nice thing about those places is there is a lot of activity this time of the year someone is almost always coming and going. My experience is most are very honest and responsible.

Good Luck,

Rod

If you can't find anyplace close enough for a taxi you could always use a rental car and drop it off at the airport. Just realize that at some/most airports you'll have to walk against traffic to get to the departure area.

Good idea on the ants.

Back on the road again in a 2011 Roadtrek 210P

2011 Tahoe 4x4, 2006 Lexus GX470, 2018 Ranger XP1000, 2013 RZR 570LE
http://finallynewellin.blogspot.com/

458863254_cabinavatarcopy.jpg.7751792e372f5959d079d77730f9290d.jpg

I recently had a base plate installed & wiring done at a place real close to the airport. They did have a few storage spots inside a gated area.

Not sure if they have any room. You can call http://www.americanrving.com/

Full Time since Oct. 1999
99 Discovery 34Q DP | ISB
Datastorm | VMSpc | Co-Pilot Live | Pressure Pro
2014 MKS Twin Turbo V6 365 HP Toad
369070033.jpg

Archived