The Class-less Class

Sandie & Jim

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We're ready for a little cooler weather but thinking we're not going to see much of that for a while. In the meantime, we've probably seen more classmates this year than ever . Currently giving Roger and Lynn a bad time in Texas.

We're taking it well...LOL!!

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Class of 2012 & "Class-less"!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" -- Mark Twain (Innocents Abroad)

Long drive for us today. 25 miles. Warrington (Pensacola) Elks to Foley, Al. Elks. We are worn out. LOL. We'll be here a week, Suppose to rain off & on through Saturday. It's not raining right now and 73 degrees plus 83% humidity. Yikes! It will be great to dry out this summer in the west.

We finally left Florida. Was in the state since early October.

Travel safe everyone.

Jeff

Edited by SKP On the Go

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

Because spring has finally come to Minnesota our furnace is not running as often. Yesterday I unplugged our room humidifiers. Now we have a dry heat. Think Arizona instead of Florida. :)

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

I went to the PO to send Uncle Same some money and to the bank to get a 30 day temperary bank card. As I was turning into the Low Hi RV Ranch gate, I noticed the flag on the mail box was down meaning the postman had been here. I took a look and low and behold my credit card was there. I called in to activate it then shredded the temperary card I had just got from the bank. Then came the fun of taking care of all the things I needed a card for. I call HWH for an appointment and they told me to call Lichtsinn RV (A Winnebago Dealer) because they couldn't undercut the prices of all their dealers and Lichsinn would give me a big discount. The HWH price was $4700. Lichtsinn charged me $4173 including taxes and made my appointment with the HWH factory to install them. I thought that was right nice of HWH to save me $600. Lichsinn also made an appointment for me their to fix the keyless door entry system and are making another appointment for me at Mercedes Benz in Sioux Falls SD to complete that job and told me to pay Mercedes and send the voucher to them and they will send me a check for it then collect from Winnebago for both appointments so it won't cost me a cent except for an over night RV park in Sioux Falls the night before that appointment because the appointment will be in early morning. That Sioux Falls Appointment is the closest Mercedes place to them that's in the direction I'll be going when I leave their place. Now that is service. He also said there was a recall for the hoses on the LP tank and he'll take care of that while I'm there.

Can't wait to chew Jeri and Terry's ear off Saturday when they get to Deming.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

I went to the PO to send Uncle Same some money and to the bank to get a 30 day temperary bank card. As I was turning into the Low Hi RV Ranch gate, I noticed the flag on the mail box was down meaning the postman had been here. I took a look and low and behold my credit card was there. I called in to activate it then shredded the temperary card I had just got from the bank. Then came the fun of taking care of all the things I needed a card for. I call HWH for an appointment and they told me to call Lichtsinn RV (A Winnebago Dealer) because they couldn't undercut the prices of all their dealers and Lichsinn would give me a big discount. The HWH price was $4700. Lichtsinn charged me $4173 including taxes and made my appointment with the HWH factory to install them. I thought that was right nice of HWH to save me $600. Lichsinn also made an appointment for me their to fix the keyless door entry system and are making another appointment for me at Mercedes Benz in Sioux Falls SD to complete that job and told me to pay Mercedes and send the voucher to them and they will send me a check for it then collect from Winnebago for both appointments so it won't cost me a cent except for an over night RV park in Sioux Falls the night before that appointment because the appointment will be in early morning. That Sioux Falls Appointment is the closest Mercedes place to them that's in the direction I'll be going when I leave their place. Now that is service. He also said there was a recall for the hoses on the LP tank and he'll take care of that while I'm there.

Real nice of them to save you some cash $$$$

entered the RV fulltime class of 2011 - March!

On the Road to Retirement...zeetraveler.blogspot.com

Egads! I guess we better find ear muffs to protect them if you're going to be chewing them! Good deal on the saving money. Glad you got your compromised card. We can't send for ours for another week so we may be making a trip to the bank for a temporary too.

Edited by Wanderin'

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

We were at the HWH factory last year...great service and didn't charge us for things that they could have. Glad that you came out on top Lee!

Make sure that Jeri and Terry give you an extra hug from Lynn and me!!

Roger & Lynn Rempe

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" -- Mark Twain (Innocents Abroad)

it won't cost me a cent except for an over night RV park in Sioux Falls the night before that appointment because the appointment will be in early morning. That Sioux Falls Appointment is the closest Mercedes place to them that's in the direction I'll be going when I leave their place. Now that is service.

You might ask the dealer if you can park on their lot overnight. I did that in Phoenix. I got up early to eat breakfast before my appointment only to discover they serve free breakfast in their customer lounge so ask about that, too.

Linda

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

JERI and Terry got here a day early so we went to Adobi Deli for lunch. I can attest to the fact that Jeri has a very big mouth. You should have seen the sandwich she got wrapped around. Note that I didn't mention Terry or myself. It sure was good to be with them again.

Linda: both HWH and Lichtsinn have campgrounds Mercedes is right in Sioux Falls so I doubt it has any spare ground to camp on. I didn't talk with them. The Service Manager at Lichtsinn made the appointment 2 days after I called him then sent the particulars to me via email. He tried to call while I was on the phone but got the busy signal so told me he'd keep trying and send me an email when he got it set up.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

JERI: There was nothing wrong with the slid but the loose nut behind the sreering wheel. The parking break must be set before you can operate the slide. It wasn't.

JERI and Terry got here a day early so we went to Adobi Deli for lunch. I can attest to the fact that Jeri has a very big mouth. You should have seen the sandwich she got wrapped around. Note that I didn't mention Terry or myself. It sure was good to be with them again.

HAHA You're so funny! It was great seeing you again. It always is. We went to Adobe Deli and those were the biggest and best french dip sandwiches we have ever had. We almost had to ask for to-go boxes when we were originally served! Getting here a day early meant no storms but I was zonked. It was a mighty early time to bed last night but it'll take a while to adjust to two time zone changes in two days when we cross over into Arizona in a few hours. We hope those storms are finally behind us. We'll be in Tucson for about a week before we head on into the Phoenix area for another week or two.

JERI: There was nothing wrong with the slid but the loose nut behind the sreering wheel. The parking break must be set before you can operate the slide. It wasn't.

I'm glad it was an easy fix. Those easy fixes are the best fixes. Take care and thanks again. It was great seeing you.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

We were at the HWH factory last year...great service and didn't charge us for things that they could have. Glad that you came out on top Lee!

Make sure that Jeri and Terry give you an extra hug from Lynn and me!!

Yes. We discussed you and Lynn. How was your long travel day to Johnson City? As you can see our travel days were very different than what we told you they would be. It looks like more storms in the Hill Country. Stay safe!

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

Getting here a day early meant no storms but I was zonked. It was a mighty early time to bed last night but it'll take a while to adjust to two time zone changes in two days when we cross over into Arizona in a few hours. We hope those storms are finally behind us. We'll be in Tucson for about a week before we head on into the Phoenix area for another week or two.

What ever happened to that "slow trek westward". LOL. You guys have left us in the dust if there was any. It's all mud from days of rain. Yesterday was a do nothing day just staying dry. Temps are going to cool for a couple of days and the rain showers are suppose to stop today. It's sunny now. Going to Fairhope for an Arts and Crafts Festival and a Trade Days. Taking the unbrellas.

Apparently the Elks lodge property here in Foley, Al. is sold or being sold. One of the residents told me it will be gone in the next year or so.

Travel safe everyone.

Jeff :)

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

What ever happened to that "slow trek westward". LOL. You guys have left us in the dust if there was any. It's all mud from days of rain. Yesterday was a do nothing day just staying dry. Temps are going to cool for a couple of days and the rain showers are suppose to stop today. It's sunny now. Going to Fairhope for an Arts and Crafts Festival and a Trade Days. Taking the unbrellas.

Apparently the Elks lodge property here in Foley, Al. is sold or being sold. One of the residents told me it will be gone in the next year or so.

Travel safe everyone.

I think many of the Elks are having trouble financially. We think part of it is due to not changing to capture younger people with the money to pay the dues. We've stayed at Elks as we moved and talked to lots of them about it. Some have embraced the Scouts and younger groups. They're doing better than those that won't change. The Elks in Boulder City said they lost a lot of older members when they cut smoking out but then started gaining younger folks. I hate to see them go away.

We noticed online that the Hill Country is getting hit with storms again. I'm so glad we're out of it for now. I guess I should look at the weather forecast before I say that though.
Be safe!

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

Yes. We discussed you and Lynn. How was your long travel day to Johnson City? As you can see our travel days were very different than what we told you they would be. It looks like more storms in the Hill Country. Stay safe!

Only 30 miles but, it seemed like 40...LOL! After we get to Austin we'll start picking up the pace north. Not as fast as you guys however...you're really racking up those frequent driver miles...ha! ;)

We got a lot of bluster last evening from wind, lightening and rain but, now it's just windy and cold. Nice campground here and still full with Winter Texans and Spring Breakers I think.

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Who's thinking about going to Colorado this summer? We'll be in Loveland (Boyd Lke State Park) for the 4th of July and Aurora (Cherry Creek State Park) the week before. We'll be in Phoenix and Tucson in May then head toward Colorado.

After Colorado we are looking at northern Utah, Idaho and Washington state. Going down the coast late summer toward the southwest for the winter.

Jeri, we stopped at the Redding Elks summer before last and it was very active. The ER was a young woman that was about 40 years old. We've seen the same lodges as you lately that have even filled in swimming pools with dirt.

Travel safe everyone.

Edited by SKP On the Go

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

Who's thinking about going to Colorado this summer? We'll be in Loveland (Boyd Lke State Park) for the 4th of July and Aurora (Cherry Creek State Park) the week before. We'll be in Phoenix and Tucson in May then head toward Colorado.

After Colorado we are looking at northern Utah, Idaho and Washington state. Going down the coast late summer toward the southwest for the winter.

Jeri, we stopped at the Redding Elks summer before last and it was very active. The EH was a young woman that was about 40 years old. We've seen the same lodges as you lately that have even filled in swimming pools with dirt.

Travel safe everyone.

We'll be at Chatfield St Pk July 29 - Aug 4. Then we'll be at Nathrop, CO (Chalk Creek CG) for a week where our youngest is getting married. Haven't figured the before and after yet!

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Jeri, we stopped at the Redding Elks summer before last and it was very active. The EH was a young woman that was about 40 years old. We've seen the same lodges as you lately that have even filled in swimming pools with dirt.

Travel safe everyone.

We'll still be here in AJ in May. Would love to meet up with you guys for a meal if you have time. When we finally get out of here the end of May we want to head up to Idaho before getting to Montana and fishing.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

Linda: both HWH and Lichtsinn have campgrounds Mercedes is right in Sioux Falls so I doubt it has any spare ground to camp on.

My map shows what is probably customer parking along the left side of the building with several empty spots. I can't tell if the grass behind it raises up or not. If not, you can back into one spot (if you don't open a slide) allowing the back end to hang over the grass. That's what I did in Phoenix. It's not a campground but there's not a lot of traffic in the lot overnight and it's not like we need hookups. It made the next morning more doable.

Linda

My map shows what is probably customer parking along the left side of the building with several empty spots. I can't tell if the grass behind it raises up or not. If not, you can back into one spot (if you don't open a slide) allowing the back end to hang over the grass. That's what I did in Phoenix. It's not a campground but there's not a lot of traffic in the lot overnight and it's not like we need hookups. It made the next morning more doable.

Linda

Linda: The satellite view of Sioux Falls shows an area on the east side of the Mercedes building and a little to the north with extra long parking spaces. I plan on calling the service manager before I leave Forest city and asking if there is a place I can stay Sunday night so I can be there for the 8 AM appointment on Monday. I'll bet he comes up with something. Then after I leave Sioux Falls there are many Corps of Engineers campgrounds close to I 90. Then I'll have time on my hands before I have to be in Rapid City. After Rapid City I have no more time barriers and can just float along. Oh, I forgot. FLORIDA is where the people FLOAT along.

We'll still be here in AJ in May. Would love to meet up with you guys for a meal if you have time. When we finally get out of here the end of May we want to head up to Idaho before getting to Montana and fishing.

Sandie,we'll try to make some time to meet with you and Jim. Going be there for our Granddaughter's high school graduation. Hope it's not hot then. LOL.

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler