The Class-less Class

Sandie & Jim

We've started our sad trek northward. We have almost a month so we have a few longest stops.

First stop the Wildlife Management park at Overton, Nevada. One of our favourite boondocking places. The lime plant across the street seems to be on very limited hours and we have the site furthest away so the noise level is very bearable. We were happy to see the water tap at the back of the closed up laundromat is still open. So lots of free water. No laundromat but we can wait. Great little town with a great grocery store.

We are getting the predicted winds in gusts. It doesn't last for long.

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We didn't! We certainly talked about it but since we were heading west, we weren't sure about going east. We've been there once but a mighty long time ago!

Now your getting smart. Head west young man & Lady.

I made a new shade board for my batteries on the trailer today. This western sunshine did a number on the old one. I don't use battery boxes. That's the best way I know of to forget to check the fluid level. And that can get expensive.

We had 16 people at LEO (Let's Eat Out) tonight and the park is full. Last summer we were lucky to get one car full for LEO.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Now your getting smart. Head west young man & Lady.

I made a new shade board for my batteries on the trailer today. This western sunshine did a number on the old one. I don't use battery boxes. That's the best way I know of to forget to check the fluid level. And that can get expensive.

We had 16 people at LEO (Let's Eat Out) tonight and the park is full. Last summer we were lucky to get one car full for LEO.

Well, it's a slow trek west especially since we're waiting on my daughter to make up her mind if she's going to be heading to Pensacola while we're here or not. Geez .

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

And, I was the last one before you!

I've noticed that every since we started. Frankly, I ran out of witty things to post a long time ago. I've decided not to try and keep it active by myself. I'll post when I have something to say or to respond too like everyone else. It's a matter of use it or loose it. It's up to every one in the group. It seems that everyone would rather use Facebook or one of the other social media sites than our group site. That's fine with me. If the site goes dead from non use. So be it. I don't think I'll be able to join in on the group gatherings much longer anyway.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

I've noticed that every since we started. Frankly, I ran out of witty things to post a long time ago. I've decided not to try and keep it active by myself. I'll post when I have something to say or to respond too like everyone else. It's a matter of use it or loose it. It's up to every one in the group. It seems that everyone would rather use Facebook or one of the other social media sites than our group site. That's fine with me. If the site goes dead from non use. So be it. I don't think I'll be able to join in on the group gatherings much longer anyway.

Well, coming up with witty responses is difficult for sure. Maybe the group needs to be closer to Deming to make it easier for you!

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

I'm just getting over my cold and Diane is on the mend LOL. But the main reason is we somehow ran through out data pretty fast this month and have been holding back.

We just made a move from boon-docking at Painted Rocks the last 10 days with a few other Class-Less off and on to Tucson where we will have full hookups AND WIFI for a couple days.

Dave & Diane

2020 New Horizon Majestic  5th wheel

2018 Ram 5500

2014 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH (SOLD)
2012 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited (SOLD)

http://daveanddiane.wordpress.com/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWqRmO1rO4cu3rFANF1iG6Q

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10752;80/st/20120701/e/Went+fulltime/dt/-2/k/271f/event.png

Lee, When you don't post for a few days some of us worry about you. I understand you not wanting to have this turn into your personal blog but, please, don't stay away too long at a time.

Others, We all know how easy it is to stop posting when you are gathered with others. But, those of us not with you still like to know what is going on.

I don't do other social sites so Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or any of those don't let me know you are still out there and doing well. So, if you are only hearing from one of our group on those sites, squeal on 'em, OK? :) It's OK to just say I heard from...today and they are fine. In the meantime I'm worrying a bit about Denise again so if you've seen or heard from her I'd appreciate an update.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Lee, When you don't post for a few days some of us worry about you. I understand you not wanting to have this turn into your personal blog but, please, don't stay away too long at a time.

Others, We all know how easy it is to stop posting when you are gathered with others. But, those of us not with you still like to know what is going on.

I don't do other social sites so Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or any of those don't let me know you are still out there and doing well. So, if you are only hearing from one of our group on those sites, squeal on 'em, OK? :) It's OK to just say I heard from...today and they are fine. In the meantime I'm worrying a bit about Denise again so if you've seen or heard from her I'd appreciate an update.

Linda

I'll second that!

Sandie has heard from Denise. I'll text Sandie and ask her to post what she can.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

I had an e-mail from Denise last week. She is still not doing very good but her friend Bob is flying into Phoenix on Wednesday and is going to drive her motorhome back to Newfoundland for her. Or at least back to eastern Canada. Then she will make some doctor appointments and hopefully start feeling better again.

Lee, I haven't posted anything because we really haven't been doing anything. I am not a writer, nor am I a wit, so when we just are living here in AJ I don't have anything to say. But I look forward to reading what everybody else has to say.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

Linda

Linda, I never use or respond to any of the social media sites, just this site. If you remember back in 2008 we came very close to breaking up because nobody was posting. Jeri and I started bantering back and forth in a friendly way and people started coming back because we kept new post coming every day. Even people we never heard from before came in and told us they enjoyed our antics. Since that date 8 years ago I've posted almost daily. I counted everybodies posts one time and I was posting over 40% of all the posts and that was only about last spring or summer Jeri and you were next bringing we three's total post to over 75% of all post. This told me that the remaining people in the the group were not doing very much as far as keeping the forum active. Every time I'd plead for every one to post regularly I'd get a flush of good activity for about a week then it would go right back the same percentages. What I'm saying is I'll continue to respond to any post that I think I need to respond to but I'm no longer going to try to post frequently just to make sure someone post every day. If others don't care enough about keeping the group together and the forum active enough to keep people reading it and posting. So be it. If I do or go something or someplace interesting I'll post. If someone ask how I'm doing I'll respond but no more "I went to town for breakfast" or "I ran out of LP today" post from me just to have a post for the day. I have become a cranky old man. Edited by IYQ

And, you don't have to respond!

Yes Lee, we do love you. You the glue that holds us together.

Some people are just more regular than others. :wub:

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

I agree with everything everyone has said. I will try to keep in touch through this site even though I do also do facebook.

We are moving into our apartment on Saturday. We have been busy shopping for furniture since we didn't have any. (Although we did take the mattress and the chair from the motorhome) We actually take possession of it on Thursday, furniture will be delivered on Friday. We are renting a truck and with the help of family will move things from storage to apartment Saturday. Lets see how much food I burn since for the past 13 years I have cooked with propane and now everything will be electric!!! Will keep you posted.

We plan on being here for about 16 months and then we are looking to move again to Arizona somewhere. We are even thinking about the Laughlin area, since Nevada has no income tax.

Lee if you do ever get back to North Carolina, remember we are not far and there is a very nice state park very close to us. I'll even make you spaghetti!!!

Linda and Ed Lavin
lavinmh@yahoo.com

I agree with everything everyone has said. I will try to keep in touch through this site even though I do also do facebook.

We are moving into our apartment on Saturday. We have been busy shopping for furniture since we didn't have any. (Although we did take the mattress and the chair from the motorhome) We actually take possession of it on Thursday, furniture will be delivered on Friday. We are renting a truck and with the help of family will move things from storage to apartment Saturday. Lets see how much food I burn since for the past 13 years I have cooked with propane and now everything will be electric!!! Will keep you posted.

We plan on being here for about 16 months and then we are looking to move again to Arizona somewhere. We are even thinking about the Laughlin area, since Nevada has no income tax.

Lee if you do ever get back to North Carolina, remember we are not far and there is a very nice state park very close to us. I'll even make you spaghetti!!!

Hey Linda - We're flying to Norfolk on Thursday. How far are you from there?

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

Linda, I never use or respond to any of the social media sites, just this site. If you remember back in 2008 we came very close to breaking up because nobody was posting. Jeri and I started bantering back and forth in a friendly way and people started coming back because we kept new post coming every day. Even people we never heard from before came in and told us they enjoyed our antics. Since that date 8 years ago I've posted almost daily. I counted everybodies posts one time and I was posting over 40% of all the posts and that was only about last spring or summer Jeri and you were next bringing we three's total post to over 75% of all post. This told me that the remaining people in the the group were not doing very much as far as keeping the forum active. Every time I'd plead for every one to post regularly I'd get a flush of good activity for about a week then it would go right back the same percentages. What I'm saying is I'll continue to respond to any post that I think I need to respond to but I'm no longer going to try to post frequently just to make sure someone post every day. If others don't care enough about keeping the group together and the forum active enough to keep people reading it and posting. So be it. If I do or go something or someplace interesting I'll post. If someone ask how I'm doing I'll respond but no more "I went to town for breakfast" or "I ran out of LP today" post from me just to have a post for the day. I have become a cranky old man.

As we all know Lee is the only one that makes sense when he posts. Ex. Steve has some good comments when he is taking a Steeeeeeve but rambles otherwise. Sandie also posts insightful items.. Jeri posts a lot but..... Janice and I don't post much buy we are know as the quiet ones for a reason. Lee- even if you don't post as often, I will still read everyone you do post. I am waiting on one of the cowgirls to slip up on you before you can run away.

Jerry and Janice

http://www.toadswildadventures.blogspot.com/

Just travelin' down life's highway-toot-toot!

Yes Lee, we do love you. You the glue that holds us together.

Some people are just more regular than others. :wub:

Must be cause they eat more PRUNES :ph34r:

Ok, I read the board every day, but seldom post cause while I'm here at Spiker's RV Resort there really isn't much to post about. I do however enjoy seeing how, and where, everyone else is. I do hope to get the Doghouse down south again next winter, but only time will tell on that. I would enjoy seeing everyone.

We are going to Depot Bay the end of next month, but that will be doing the Condo/Timeshare thing.

Joe

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

We are still in Wauchula, Fl. until Sunday. Suppose to rain here tomorrow so I hope we can drive out of our sight on Sunday without the help of a tractor. LOL. We'll be making nearly as many stops in the next month on our way back to San Antonio as we have this past year.

Yesterday we went to Sarasota to visit friends from our Baja Mexico trip. They gave us a little tour of downtown and the beach. They have a park model in a Mega park that has nearly everything you'd want to do.

Jerry and Janice - How's Janice's vision? Hope it has gone well.

We aren't Facebook people either so I'm sure we miss some of what is happening with others that are.

Travel safe everyone.

Tina and Jeff

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

The weather guessers are calling for 92 and of course a "Texas breeze" today of 35 mph gusts. At least the "fan" will be on! Can't complain about the weather for the past few months here. They were talking about El Nino creating colder temps and more rain for this part of the U.S. but, haven't seen it so far...fine with us! ;)

Roger

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Class of 2012 & "Class-less"!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" -- Mark Twain (Innocents Abroad)

The weather guessers are calling for 92 and of course a "Texas breeze" today of 35 mph gusts. At least the "fan" will be on! Can't complain about the weather for the past few months here. They were talking about El Nino creating colder temps and more rain for this part of the U.S. but, haven't seen it so far...fine with us! ;)

Roger

Looking forward to sitting around a fire with a cold one so we can pick your brain about that part of the country. It's still on our radar.

Dave & Diane

2020 New Horizon Majestic  5th wheel

2018 Ram 5500

2014 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH (SOLD)
2012 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited (SOLD)

http://daveanddiane.wordpress.com/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWqRmO1rO4cu3rFANF1iG6Q

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10752;80/st/20120701/e/Went+fulltime/dt/-2/k/271f/event.png