The Class-less Class

Sandie & Jim

So it must have been the year before you joined us that we had 70 mph gusts. We not only pulled in our slide we repositioned during the night when the wind changed direction so we would be headed into it again. Broadside is NOT fun. Glad you are OK.

Linda

I remember that storm! The worst one we had ever experienced in the RV. Everyone brought in their slides, antennas down, nothing outside and faced into the wind. It was like riding a bucking horse!

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Today was cloudy and chilly but the 30+ MPH winds didn't materialize. Just a breeze but not enough to keep me inside. Last night's winds were worse. I cooked pasta for dinner tonight but with the coach all buttoned up because of the chill it sure fogged up the windows but they are clearing fast. I got in a nice long walk this morning but didn't take my GPS so I don't know how far or fast. I'd guess about 3/4ths a mile. I rested once to keep my hips/back from getting too sore.

Y'all talking about the 70 MPH winds years ago. Was that the year that the Big Tent in Q blew down? I think I remember being at the slabs during that but we only got gusts to 50 MPH. the wind here last night was enough to make me put the stabilizers down. I don't usually do that unless I'm getting sea sick inside. Tomorrow is slated to be cold again but sunny. Then I think this storm is history.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Hope your winds weren't as bad last night. There is crazy weather everywhere. When we were in the state fairgrounds in Hutchinson, Kansas last May one 5th wheel trailer had a pair of ratchet straps over the top of it. Guess they would hold the trailer in place in case of high winds or a tornado. LOL.

The RV park got the John Deere tractor out yesterday and pulled us out. I was able to back in the spot I was trying to drive in to. Expecting more rain in a couple of days.

Travel safe everyone.

GO BRONCOS!!!! Peyton who?

Jeff

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

So it must have been the year before you joined us that we had 70 mph gusts. We not only pulled in our slide we repositioned during the night when the wind changed direction so we would be headed into it again. Broadside is NOT fun. Glad you are OK.

Linda

Never forget that one. January 2010. The wind and the rain. Roads and washes were filled and we even had a couple of tornado warnings on the weather radio. I remember we all ventured outside for a couple of minutes during a lull to check on everybody. Freddy and Delcie had gone to Yuma and had a tough time getting back. Definitely one for the record books.

38 degrees this morning. But back into the 70's by this week-end. Thank goodness.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

We didn't get too much wind here in Laughlin and it rained but seems to be all clear now. I remember you guys talking about the big wind that year, but we were in Florida then so we missed it. 47 degrees and sunny here today, so we'll take it. Glad everyone is still right side up!

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Then there was the time we were at Rainbow Plantation when people were hooking up their trucks to their 5th wheels to act as anchors. We drove up to Montgomery ahead of that storm. Turns out a hurricane doesn't have to come very close to have major winds hit you. We even had winds from an East Coast hurricane come through the fairgrounds where we were in Celina, Ohio, for a Gypsy Journal Gathering. I never watched weather forecasts so much as while we were fulltiming.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

pretty nice today, just a tad cooler than normal but very light wind. chilly again tonight NOAH says 30 degrees but as long as the LP holds out I don't care. I got in Two nice walks today. One .53 miles and one .61 miles but the speed was down to 1.8 mph. I spent most of the day sitting out in back of my rig watching the world go by. I should sleep well tonight.

Lee, GO PANTHERS

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Then there was the time we were at Rainbow Plantation when people were hooking up their trucks to their 5th wheels to act as anchors. We drove up to Montgomery ahead of that storm. Turns out a hurricane doesn't have to come very close to have major winds hit you. We even had winds from an East Coast hurricane come through the fairgrounds where we were in Celina, Ohio, for a Gypsy Journal Gathering. I never watched weather forecasts so much as while we were fulltiming.

Linda

I remember that one too. We were there with you and we dug in just hoping to make it through!!!

This afternoon we visited with Jeff and Tina. They're just down the road from us. And, of course, we talked about everyone else. We're getting back together on Thursday and will probably continue on with the conversation where we left off!

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

I started the day off with my walk this morning. I added a little distance and went .71 mi. However, my hip and back were complaining before I finished. After soaking up a little sunshine and resting the hips, I cleaned up the breakfast mess then messed everything back up fixing lunch. This afternoon was devoted to decontaminating myself and getting a clean set of clothing on. The LP gauge now shows empty. I hope I have enough to make it through the night. NOAH says 35 degrees tonight so in the morning I'll have breakfast in Why, get the LP tank filled then return to goof off another day.

Well Sharon and I are sitting in a Condo in Ocean Shores, WA watching 16 to 20 foot waves break on the Rock Wall, it's approx 100 feet from our windows, lining the entrance to Grays Harbor. We will most likely just sit here with the Fireplace going and watch this fantastic show most of the day. Unfortunately we have to head back home tomorrow. Have a Super Bowl Party to attend. Hmmmmm this is the first Superbowl I will have watched where I really want BOTH TEAMS TO LOSE. :ph34r:

Joe

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

I feel your pain Joe. I read this morning that Payton was going to have hip replacement surgery. I don't know if they are going to do it before the game or after. Hmmmmm

"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
08 Dodge Dakota toad

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

I feel your pain Joe. I read this morning that Payton was going to have hip replacement surgery. I don't know if they are going to do it before the game or after. Hmmmmm

Well as far as I'm concerned they might just as well go ahead and operate on him now. Truthfully I don't think they can protect him from Carolina. :rolleyes: Just my .02

Back to reality tomorrow, have to head home for a while again. :( However I know there is going to be plenty of that Baaaaaaaaad Whiskey at the Party on Sunday and since I'm taking the Motor Home I only need to be able to crawl about 100 feet to be home :D

Joe

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

Joe, I feel your pain too but come Sunday I hope the Panthers give the Broncos and you lots more pain. I hope you have a good supply of that Baaaaaaadddd whisky.

I went to Why this morning and filled the LP tank and had breakfast. On the way back when I stopped at the Border Patrol station the guy must have been bored and cold. He shot the bull with me for about 5 minutes. I took a .5 mi walk when I got back and pretty much loafed the rest of the day. Did some paper sorting but that is about it. Colder than expected this morning because of a N wind but warmed up nice this afternoon.

Well folks, as of today we are homeless. They have totaled the motorhome. Funny how your life can change in a matter of 5 minutes. We are going to be short about $20,000 on the loan so don't know what will happen there. Can't get blood out of a turnip!! We are headed to Virginia and daughters in Chesterfield. We will be looking for an apt. We may be looking at moving again next winter to somewhere in Arizona or Nevada. Possibly the Laughlin area.

This has been a stressful 3 weeks and now that it is settled we are okay. Just a little FYI, found out they have something called GAP insurance to cover the difference between the value and loan balance. If any of you out there are in this situation, you might want to check it out. Wish we had known.

Everyone take care and please be safe out there.

Linda and Ed

Linda and Ed Lavin
lavinmh@yahoo.com

Well folks, as of today we are homeless. They have totaled the motorhome. Funny how your life can change in a matter of 5 minutes. We are going to be short about $20,000 on the loan so don't know what will happen there. Can't get blood out of a turnip!! We are headed to Virginia and daughters in Chesterfield. We will be looking for an apt. We may be looking at moving again next winter to somewhere in Arizona or Nevada. Possibly the Laughlin area.

This has been a stressful 3 weeks and now that it is settled we are okay. Just a little FYI, found out they have something called GAP insurance to cover the difference between the value and loan balance. If any of you out there are in this situation, you might want to check it out. Wish we had known.

Linda and Ed

Just doesn't seem right. It was their fault and seems they should make you whole. So sad and so sorry for you. Can you refuse the settlement ?

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

Linda and Ed

Sorry to hear the sad news. Best of luck in the future and thanks for the tip on GAP insurance.

Tina and Jeff

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

Linda and Ed

so sorry to hear this. Our thoughts and prayers are with ya'll

Freddy and Delcie

Freddy & Delcie Prather

Echo- Yorkie
2007 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7 Jake Brake #5000 Air Bags
2005 Mobile Suites 36RE3
Full Time Since Oct 1st 2009

Crikey Linda and Ed...we're so sorry to hear about losing your rig and the $20K. We could now be in the same situation if this happened to us. As soon as I finish this I'm gonna look into some GAP insurance. Just got a notice from our insurance company a few weeks ago that said that now that our rig is ten years old they will only insure it for it's value. We still owe 18 years on a 20 year loan as that is what our financial adviser said we should do. I'm sure that we're "upside down" on that.

Good luck and we'll certainly be sending you our wishes for a speedy recovery.

Roger and Lynn

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Class of 2012 & "Class-less"!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" -- Mark Twain (Innocents Abroad)

Linda and Ed

Oh you guys, I am so sorry. Crap. A few seconds and whoosh!

Doug and I wish you all the best.

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

Ed & Linda, so sorry to hear the bad news. hope you can find a place soon and get settled. Not fair that they should not make you whole. Best of luck and hugs to you both. Steve & Carol

"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
08 Dodge Dakota toad

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"