The Class-less Class

Sandie & Jim

I had to dump this morning so as long as I had to leave my site, after dumping I went to Why and had Breakfast at Grandma's. Then refilled the LP tank and got diesel. Then returned to my site. about a 45 mile trip. when I got back I pulled into my site backward so I didn't have to use my ramps to level. All the sites here slope down hill just a little. motorized RVs all slope down hill a bit for stability on the road. By going in backwards they cancel each other out and all is level but the door is on the wrong side. Another fantastic day today but only got one walk in.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lee, just don't forget which side you're on in the dark and smash your hat bill! :rolleyes:

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

We are (finally) safely ensconced in (sunny) valley of the Sun (east Mesa, AZ),,, our winter haven; 75' covered RV parking next to the house, full hookups for properly equipped full-timers.

Here for 3 mos (sq/round dancing & MLB spring training), holler if you get close (en route to North Ranch, or Q, or whatever!).

Don & Fannie

2005 Volvo 670, 12sp FreedomLine, "Black Dude", 3.36 axle, Szmyt Wonder-Bed Smart loader,

ET hitch, Jackalopee (original-prototype), BLUE-DOT air-over-hydraulic brake system,

2007 New Horizons F35RLSSS-C (Mor/Ryde-IS, Kodiak disc brakes, 17.5 H tires),

2005 smart fortwo passion

P.s. We miss Yoda,,, wish you were here -- hope all is well!

Don & Fannie

Don & Fannie

2005 Volvo 670, 12sp FreedomLine, "Black Dude", 3.36 axle, Szmyt Wonder-Bed Smart loader,

ET hitch, Jackalopee (original-prototype), BLUE-DOT air-over-hydraulic brake system,

2007 New Horizons F35RLSSS-C (Mor/Ryde-IS, Kodiak disc brakes, 17.5 H tires),

2005 smart fortwo passion

Tomorrow we move for the first time in almost 2 months. It's raining again here in south Florida will finish loading the Jeep in the morning. Will meet the other Florida Class Less near Bonita Springs for lunch on our way to Wauchula. The one good thing about being here is it doesn't get cold. The lowest temp. we've seen was Sunday morning at 46 degrees. Most mornings have been from 68-75 degrees. The AC's haven't got much rest so far this winter. You have to run the AC's because of the humidity. I'm sure we'll have some colder mornings when we move north tomorrow.

Travel safe everyone.

GO BRONCOS!!!!!! Peyton who?

Jeff

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

Tomorrow we move for the first time in almost 2 months. It's raining again here in south Florida will finish loading the Jeep in the morning. Will meet the other Florida Class Less near Bonita Springs for lunch on our way to Wauchula. The one good thing about being here is it doesn't get cold. The lowest temp. we've seen was Sunday morning at 46 degrees. Most mornings have been from 68-75 degrees. The AC's haven't got much rest so far this winter. You have to run the AC's because of the humidity. I'm sure we'll have some colder mornings when we move north tomorrow.

Travel safe everyone.

Jeff

See you tomorrow at 12:30-ish. Safe travels tomorrow.

Edited by Wanderin'

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

Lee, just don't forget which side you're on in the dark and smash your hat bill! :rolleyes:

I was wondering why the engine was in back. I thought it had turned in to a Diesel Pusher.

The weather is still fabulous down here and my walking progam is coming along pretty good. I'm up to a 2.3 MPH average for a 1/2 mile walk. Which may sound slow to you youngsters but aint bad for an old geezer. I'm going to need to make another trip to Ajo soon. I ran out of hamburger and my frozen veggies need something to give them a little taste and protein. Plus another opportunity for breakfast at Grandma's in Why. Two rigs with Low Members I know pulled in beside me last night and a very large group of WINs (Wandering INdividuals) are amassing all around me gettin ready for a tour down to Rocky Point Mexico. All kinds of Singles to yak with.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

We made our move yesterday from Miami to Wauchula. Had lunch near Naples with Jeri, Terry, Jerry and Janice. Sorry John and Sharon couldn't make it. Lots of chatter. We'll see more of Jeri and Terry when they move to Wauchula next week.

We got to our RV Park and got checked in. They have had MEGA amounts of rain. Our spot was slightly uphill and we couldn't back in. The rv just sank in the grass and mud. We tried another sight that was more level and the same thing happened. So they wanted me to drive across one sight to get to the second sight, less than half way across we were done. Stuck in the grass and mud until it dries out in a couple of days. Will probably need help when we try to move. We'll be in this park for a month

Travel safe everyone.

Jeff

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

We made our move yesterday from Miami to Wauchula. Had lunch near Naples with Jeri, Terry, Jerry and Janice. Sorry John and Sharon couldn't make it. Lots of chatter. We'll see more of Jeri and Terry when they move to Wauchula next week.

We got to our RV Park and got checked in. They have had MEGA amounts of rain. Our spot was slightly uphill and we couldn't back in. The rv just sank in the grass and mud. We tried another sight that was more level and the same thing happened. So they wanted me to drive across one sight to get to the second sight, less than half way across we were done. Stuck in the grass and mud until it dries out in a couple of days. Will probably need help when we try to move. We'll be in this park for a month

Travel safe everyone.

Jeff

No slabs? After reading this Jeff I'm kinda glad that we cancelled on that park. Our class A weighs over 35K lbs. and is a low rider anyway! Hope that you have hook ups and aren't "dry camping" even though it ain't dry. <_<

GO BRONCOS!!!!!!

Roger

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Class of 2012 & "Class-less"!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" -- Mark Twain (Innocents Abroad)

No slabs? After reading this Jeff I'm kinda glad that we cancelled on that park. Our class A weighs over 35K lbs. and is a low rider anyway! Hope that you have hook ups and aren't "dry camping" even though it ain't dry. <_<

GO BRONCOS!!!!!!

Roger

It's a nice park with paved roads and each sight has a patio but you park on grass. After 2 days of rain (Thursday and Friday) the ground is more than saturated. Cars and pickups are sinking in also. I think one of the guys told me they average less than 2 inches of rain in January and they've had over 12 inches. We can reach hookups where we are so it's not boondocking.

GO BRONCOS!!!!!

Jeff

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

I give up making plans. They are sure to be broken before you get anywhere. This morning I PLANNED to have breakfast in Lukeville at the border. It's only 5 miles down there. When I got there I found the restaurant was closing permanently. There was a lady in the kitchen getting it ready to lock the doors. So, I PLANNED to go back north 27 miles to Grandma's at Why. When I got there Grandma's was closed. She use to close on Sunday but changed it to Saturday. Oh well another 10 miles north gets me to Ajo so off to Ajo and finally got breakfast at Marsha's then went to Olson's grocery to stock up on food. While I was there loading up my cart, Cowgirl Margie snuck up behind me. We stood there talking about an hour. When I finally got back to Oragan Pipe it was after 1 PM. I wonder where the days go.

Lee. Go Panthers

I give up making plans. They are sure to be broken before you get anywhere. This morning I PLANNED to have breakfast in Lukeville at the border. It's only 5 miles down there. When I got there I found the restaurant was closing permanently. There was a lady in the kitchen getting it ready to lock the doors. So, I PLANNED to go back north 27 miles to Grandma's at Why. When I got there Grandma's was closed. She use to close on Sunday but changed it to Saturday. Oh well another 10 miles north gets me to Ajo so off to Ajo and finally got breakfast at Marsha's then went to Olson's grocery to stock up on food. While I was there loading up my cart, Cowgirl Margie snuck up behind me. We stood there talking about an hour. When I finally got back to Oragan Pipe it was after 1 PM. I wonder where the days go.

Lee. Go Panthers

It rained here today. Yup, warmed up enough to rain. Won't last, though. I think today was our traditional January thaw.

Linda

Well, beautiful day here. It was just perfect for a little bit of beach time. Tomorrow we're back on the road after two months in one spot!

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

Lee. Go Panthers

Lee, I couldn't keep up with ya pardner! Look at me talkin' Texan...LOL!

Roger

Roger & Lynn Rempe

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" -- Mark Twain (Innocents Abroad)

Well, beautiful day here. It was just perfect for a little bit of beach time. Tomorrow we're back on the road after two months in one spot!

Glad to hear that. You deserve a fair weather fair well after all of the storms in FL this past month. Hope it doesn't hit the RGV like they predicted. The winter Texans here talked us into staying for month two...first time also for us that we've sat in one place! Safe travels Jeri...R

Edited by Lil' Red Rooster

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Travel safe everyone.

Jeff

Time to hook up to the Jeep and let it pull ya out when it dries out a bit.

Dave & Diane

2020 New Horizon Majestic  5th wheel

2018 Ram 5500

2014 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH (SOLD)
2012 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited (SOLD)

http://daveanddiane.wordpress.com/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWqRmO1rO4cu3rFANF1iG6Q

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10752;80/st/20120701/e/Went+fulltime/dt/-2/k/271f/event.png

Lee. Go Panthers

Lee, you weren't in on the big bust at the border were you? Lukeville made the news with a drug bust and arrest of quite a few cartel members. Keep low and duck often!!

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Lee, you weren't in on the big bust at the border were you? Lukeville made the news with a drug bust and arrest of quite a few cartel members. Keep low and duck often!!

No Steve not here in the Park However a cowgirl from Oregon was held up in Why,AZ for over an hour because they had US 85 blockaded for that sting operation. She is one of the LOWs that was parked next to me.

Our Fantastic weather is turning nasty for a couple of days. Tonight just before Sun set the wind started blowing pretty strong and the temperature plummeted. NOAH says it will get to 33 tonight and only 56 tomorrow. Then on Tuesday They say 29 at night and only 52 for Tuesday's High. Wednesday is 36 and 55. Then it gets pretty good again for the rest of my stay. I did a lot of cleaning today like polishing the stains off the sinks. I cooked up some more Hamburger which means I had the whole kitchen to de-grease so when I was about as tired as I ever want to be, I ran out of water and had to go to the Dump station to refill the tank. While doing the floors I noticed a dark place in front of the sink. Tomorrow I'll have to get down on my knees with the 409 and micro cloth and scrub it away. I hope I can get back up. I'll keep the phone handy so I can call Steve to come down here and pick me up.

Lee. go Panthers

Travel safe everyone.

Jeff

Sorry we weren't able to make it to lunch... next time for sure...

We moved today and jsut pulled into a nice site at Manatee Lake State Park - here for four nights then... well we aren't sure yet but something will turn up

entered the RV fulltime class of 2011 - March!

On the Road to Retirement...zeetraveler.blogspot.com

We survived last night's storm. Holy cow, we have never seen it that bad. This morning started out well but it's a' blowin again. Holed up with computers (yes the tv is back) and the Scrabble board. Our friends Edi and Terry are next door. Freddy and Delcie down the road but quiet.

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

We survived the wind here at Q as well, blew like the dickens. Almost got up to pull a couple slides in but didn't. Windy today but with luck won't repeat last nights intensity.

Dave & Diane

2020 New Horizon Majestic  5th wheel

2018 Ram 5500

2014 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH (SOLD)
2012 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited (SOLD)

http://daveanddiane.wordpress.com/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWqRmO1rO4cu3rFANF1iG6Q

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10752;80/st/20120701/e/Went+fulltime/dt/-2/k/271f/event.png

We survived last night's storm. Holy cow, we have never seen it that bad.

So it must have been the year before you joined us that we had 70 mph gusts. We not only pulled in our slide we repositioned during the night when the wind changed direction so we would be headed into it again. Broadside is NOT fun. Glad you are OK.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van