The Class-less Class

Sandie & Jim

Our last night in Q tonight- we bug out tomorrow for Lake Havasu. Need to get a fence put up as soon as we can so we'll get started right away :)

Sue and Paul- fulltimed 2009 -2015 with Dozer, our Gray Tuxedo cat

2012 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB4 pulled by a 2020 F350 Platinum

Our "vacation home" : 2018 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper

RIP Dozey

http://soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com/

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Our last night in Q tonight- we bug out tomorrow for Lake Havasu. Need to get a fence put up as soon as we can so we'll get started right away :)

Maybe we will see you there then. Maybe on our way back. Maybe. Hopefully is a good word, hopefully

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

I made it to Ajo and all set up in space 30, at Shadow Ridge RV Park. When I stopped at the office they just said I see you made it back and assigned me a site. No charge because they gave me credit for the days I didn't use on my last stay. I like that. It's a little warmer here than Q. I've got all the windows, vents and Door open. Their current bushes are nice too. No generator when cooking and popcorn after quiet hours. That's living high on the hog except the hogs here are Javalina.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

I made it to Ajo and all set up in space 30, at Shadow Ridge RV Park. When I stopped at the office they just said I see you made it back and assigned me a site. No charge because they gave me credit for the days I didn't use on my last stay. I like that. It's a little warmer here than Q. I've got all the windows, vents and Door open. Their current bushes are nice too. No generator when cooking and popcorn after quiet hours. That's living high on the hog except the hogs here are Javalina.

Good to hear Lee. Now you can cook for yourself because gawd knows there is no place to eat in Ajo. (Maybe the Oasis in the Plaza, we haven't tried that). Visit the thrift store in the Plaza, it's a good one.

See ya

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png

It was in the low 70s today and it looks like we will be in the low 80s this weekend. I can take a lot of this weather. I spent most of the morning yakking with a cowgirl I know that is here then this afternoon I decontaminated myself so I can do the laundry tomorrow. I'm about out of clean clothes. This morning about 6 AM the coyotes were really singing and not very far away either. I guess you might call that an Arizona alarm clock.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

I just received this list of activities in the Parker/Lake Havasu area and thought some of you might be interested:

Jan. 30th - Lake Havasu City, AZ

Grand Canyon Rodeo and Lil Delbert Days at Sara Park

Do you like a rodeo or are you a cowboy or cowgirl? This is your kinda place!

National Bass West Open Tournament - If you prefer fishing over horses.

Feb. 2nd - Feb 5th - Parker, AZ

Parker 425 – Best in the Desert off road race. There is not a bigger race in the area.

Lake Havasu City at Sara Park “Snowbird Appreciation Day” at the Havasu Speedway.

Feb. 11th - Feb. 14th - Lake Havasu City, AZ at Sara Park

“Winter Pyrotechnics Show” Fireworks distributors and manufacturers show off their latest products. Watch from the park or go out in the desert to watch the display. It is amazing.

Feb. 12th - Feb 13th - Parker, AZ

ADBA Drag Boat Races on the Colorado River between Emerald Cove and Havasu Springs

Feb. 12th - Feb 14th - Lake Havasu City, AZ at State Park

Lake Havasu City Rockabilly Reunion which is a great 50’s themed car show and music festival. The food is hot, the beer cold and the music is great. What could be better?

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Wow! That sure was a lot of damage! Maybe you can get a new fangled paint job too!

Sandi got her permanent orders and will be stationed in Pensacola permanently so her mom is flying down the end of March/first of April. We'll start heading west when she leaves but that'll be April. The Colorado River TTN is on our penciled schedule but I'm sure you'll be out of there before we get there. Keep us posted where you'll be. Hopefully we'll be able to cross paths.

Excuse me for butting in, but I'd like to share that my son and his wife (both USN) will be spending the next 3 years in Pensacola. They've both been there since July. And my wife and I've already scoped out the RV park at Pensacola NAS which is right on the water.

I was supposed to do laundry today but managed to procrastinate the day away so tomorrow will be laundry day. We had mid 70s today with a slight breeze. A fantastic day. Quite a contrast to what those folks in the east are getting with that snow storm. A very good reminder of why I live on wheels.

Those heading west remember to stop and see us. Jeri, we are not far from the Colorado River TT park. Still no news on a final estimate. Did you know that when a trucker is hauling a load the insurance coverage is different?? Just found that out this morning, so that is another delay. Estimate so far well close to $20,000!! He brought a tire guy over today to see about getting the front left tire off. Dragging along the concrete barrier has worn down the lugs and the posts.

Yikes, this sounds awful!!! You able to post a picture of the damage? Sounds like you'll be in the Houston area for awhile. Where are you staying? Enjoy Houston. Once you get use to the traffic it's a fun town :-)

Paul & Marsha Weaver
Bella our cat
2008 Carriage Cameo 35' SB3
2010 Ford F350 DRW
Blog: http://wheresweaver.blogspot.com
SKP# 102686

Boy, it's a good thing you were able to track that 18 wheeler down. What a mess. Does it look like there is a body shop there that can handle it? I sure feel for you guys. Steve

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

I moved down to Organ Pipe Catus Nat'l Monument today. It sure is pretty here and the weather was perfect today. I ran out of water this morning and in no way was I going to put Ajo water in my fresh tank again. I'll stay here until Super Bowl weekend then run back up to Ajo to watch the game. Then come back here for about a week before returning to Deming. I've started taking short walks again trying to get my breathing back in shape. This is an ideal place to walk. I'm hoping to get back to 3/4th a mile at a reasonable spead again befor my legs completely atrophy. They sure got weak during that virus I had just before Q. have fun.

Another fabulous day today but will be getting a little chilly tonight (high 30s). I got in two walks today of about 1/2 mile each. Pretty slow going but it's better than I have been doing. I've been mulling over driving up to Lake Havasu City to see if it's advisable to put HWH levelers on this rig. I've had two RV shops look at it and they both said the frame isn't strong enough to support them and they might end up bending the frame. The place in Havasu is a special installation and repair facility acording to HWH. They have a special name for that type of facility but I can't think of it right now. I think I'll email HWH first and see what they say about this Sprinter Chasis.

Organ Pipe is so gorgeous. It's been a long time since we were there. I love the Arizona cactus and if you can plan it right, blooming is beautiful. We loved the park in the hills outside of Tucson. Lots of cactus to wander through.

Driving all the way back to Lake Havasu is a mighty long ways. Nothing is closer?

You take care of yourself!! See you in April.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

Organ Pipe is so gorgeous. It's been a long time since we were there. I love the Arizona cactus and if you can plan it right, blooming is beautiful. We loved the park in the hills outside of Tucson. Lots of cactus to wander through.

Driving all the way back to Lake Havasu is a mighty long ways. Nothing is closer?

You take care of yourself!! See you in April.

Lake Havasu city is only about 265 miles. There is another HWH Master Service center in Glendale but I have an aversion to driving in Phoenix or any other big city. It will only take about 5 hours and I might as well be sitting behind the wheel as on this couch. I could have them installed in Tucson at LaMesa RV but they are not an HWH Master Service Center. I had a bad experience when I had them put on my old class C at Camping World so I'm really wanting a place with lots of experience. I'll be doing a lot of traveling this spring. I have to go to South Dakota in May for a new Drivers license so they will be getting plenty of use if I do get them.

LINDA & ED: Nothing I could say could make you feel any better. Your experience is bringing back painful thoughts about when that guy totaled my truck in Jackson Tennessee. Hang in there and I hope you get underway soon.

Another fabulous day today but will be getting a little chilly tonight (high 30s). I got in two walks today of about 1/2 mile each. Pretty slow going but it's better than I have been doing. I've been mulling over driving up to Lake Havasu City to see if it's advisable to put HWH levelers on this rig. I've had two RV shops look at it and they both said the frame isn't strong enough to support them and they might end up bending the frame. The place in Havasu is a special installation and repair facility acording to HWH. They have a special name for that type of facility but I can't think of it right now. I think I'll email HWH first and see what they say about this Sprinter Chasis.

There's a Yahoo group called Skinny Winnies that are View/Navion owners. Lots of them have installed HWH levelers but the ones I know all went to the factory for installation. I have not been following that group for a few years now so I don't know what they think of other installers. If you check out that group tell them I said, "Hi."

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

History repeats itself. We are back at Pilot Knob outside Yuma and I texted Freddy to see where they were going next. Within half hour, there they were. They are parked in the next compound up the road. We had a great visit and promises of many more. We intend to be here until they kick us out.

Time to get out the chalk and the jello. Graeme has set the date (March 19th) so we have an end date anyhow.

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png

Time to get out the chalk and the jello. Graeme has set the date (March 19th) so we have an end date anyhow.

It will be so fun for all of you. Definitely time to figure out some routes and some alternate routes just in case. Congrats.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com