The Class-less Class

Sandie & Jim

You never know were I'll show up because I don't know either. I'm at Rovers roost SKP Park in Casa Grande, AZ. Last night I made a cup of Tea and darn near chocked on the first sip. I had filled the fresh water tank the day before. Now I remember that Ajo has the worst drinking water in the world. I think they get it from the slooce ponds at the copper mine there. So this morning I pulled stakes and headed for Casa Grande to flush my Fresh water tank. I stopped in Gila Bend for breakfast and that was a disaster too. I ordered an denver omelet but told them to hold the Ham. They told me I'd have to get the build your own omelet which cost a dollar more. I did. When it came it was about 3 inches square and a half inch thick. They must have used hummingbird eggs. There was about two table spoons of hash browns that were drenched in grease and soggy and two slices of toast that were whiter than my back side. And a cup of coffee. The bill came to $12.50. When the guy at the cash register ash how the meal was I said don't ask. Now this saga gets worse. I went on to the SKP park and had to wait in my rig about 45 minutes for the office to open at 1PM. They led me to my site and the guy that guided me in had me at an angle so the front of the rig was 2 feet farther from the patio than the back. When he left I pulled out again and reparked straight. I drained the fresh tank and water heater then hooked up the hose and turned the water on. About that time the welcome lady came up and started talking. All of at once I heard water running and water was running out the coach door. I hadn't closed the bathroon sink valve that I had opened as a vent while draining. The strainer had fallen into the sink drain and it was running over on the floor across the kitchen and out the door. Grrrrrrrr. I just about had that cleaned up when the Lairds spotted me and came over to say hi. When I went back in the rig the water had run duwn into the carpet in the cab. It was not my best performance today. I'm sure glad it's New Years Eve so I can start with a clean slate tomorrow in 2016. HAPPY NEW YEAR.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You never know were I'll show up because I don't know either. I'm at Rovers roost SKP Park in Casa Grande, AZ. Last night I made a cup of Tea and darn near chocked on the first sip. I had filled the fresh water tank the day before. Now I remember that Ajo has the worst drinking water in the world. I think they get it from the slooce ponds at the copper mine there. So this morning I pulled stakes and headed for Casa Grande to flush my Fresh water tank. I stopped in Gila Bend for breakfast and that was a disaster too. I ordered an denver omelet but told them to hold the Ham. They told me I'd have to get the build your own omelet which cost a dollar more. I did. When it came it was about 3 inches square and a half inch thick. They must have used hummingbird eggs. There was about two table spoons of hash browns that were drenched in grease and soggy and two slices of toast that were whiter than my back side. And a cup of coffee. The bill came to $12.50. When the guy at the cash register ash how the meal was I said don't ask. Now this saga gets worse. I went on to the SKP park and had to wait in my rig about 45 minutes for the office to open at 1PM. They led me to my site and the guy that guided me in had me at an angle so the front of the rig was 2 feet farther from the patio than the back. When he left I pulled out again and reparked straight. I drained the fresh tank and water heater then hooked up the hose and turned the water on. About that time the welcome lady came up and started talking. All of at once I heard water running and water was running out the coach door. I hadn't closed the bathroon sink valve that I had opened as a vent while draining. The strainer had fallen into the sink drain and it was running over on the floor across the kitchen and out the door. Grrrrrrrr. I just about had that cleaned up when the Lairds spotted me and came over to say hi. When I went back in the rig the water had run duwn into the carpet in the cab. It was not my best performance today. I'm sure glad it's New Years Eve so I can start with a clean slate tomorrow in 2016. HAPPY NEW YEAR.

Egads Lee...I did the same in 2015 only with a black water tank...it's a long story and not my fault. Well, that's my story! Happy New Year to you and all of the other classless! :D

Roger

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Class of 2012 & "Class-less"!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" -- Mark Twain (Innocents Abroad)

What a day Lee. I'd probably just curl up in a corner for a while and hide. Maybe some cranberry juice will help. LOL

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!

Travel safe everyone.

Jeff :)

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

Nice to see Lee here in Casa Grande. I offered him a meal but he says he has too many things to do. Got to see the Navion, nice! That's the way to go for traveling.

We will be leaving Monday. Going to Ajo (unless I see any javelinas) for a few days and then back to Pilot Knob. It's going to be good to get moving again.

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

Happy New Year! I usually like to get on the road too after being in one spot for a while. However, I have to admit it sure is nice being still for a while. It just might have something to do with the people we are with and with the activities we can get involved in here. We've just about done it all here with the Hintons and Hyders --- shuffleboard, cornhole, pickleball, kayaking, the dogs, biking and lots of partying. Now, we just need to find a similar park in Arizona!

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

shuffleboard, cornhole, pickleball, kayaking, the dogs, biking and lots of partying. Now, we just need to find a similar park in Arizona!

Not sure about the shuffle board but I think Emerald Cove has all the rest plus mini golf and bingo. And meals. I miss staying there.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Not sure about the shuffle board but I think Emerald Cove has all the rest plus mini golf and bingo. And meals. I miss staying there.

Linda

I do like Emerald Cove. I also like the Voyager in Tucson. I used to say - so many airports, so little time. Now I'm saying - so many parks, so little time. I guess we need to check them all out. :D

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

I spent the day cleaning up some of the messes I had yesterday then cleaning up the mess I made of myself. Boy do I have a bunch of towels to wash now. Toni dropped in this morning an invited me to Dinner on Sunday. I had to beg off because I have too many things on my to do list already. I was supposed to go to the supermarket this afternoon but found the football game on ABC. That moved that till tomorrow. Which is OK because I have to make a trip to the Post Office to get my Estimated Tax in for January anyway. I scanned the TV and got 70 Phoenix area station. I was surprised that with all those stations there is no ESPN or Fox Sports. With all the Bowl Games I was only able to get one. I got my walk in this afternoon. Boy are these blocks long. I was huffing and Puffing when I got around the block to get back home. You guys have made a football phanatic out of me with all your post after each game.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

I spent the day cleaning up some of the messes I had yesterday then cleaning up the mess I made of myself. Boy do I have a bunch of towels to wash now. Toni dropped in this morning an invited me to Dinner on Sunday. I had to beg off because I have too many things on my to do list already. I was supposed to go to the supermarket this afternoon but found the football game on ABC. That moved that till tomorrow. Which is OK because I have to make a trip to the Post Office to get my Estimated Tax in for January anyway. I scanned the TV and got 70 Phoenix area station. I was surprised that with all those stations there is no ESPN or Fox Sports. With all the Bowl Games I was only able to get one. I got my walk in this afternoon. Boy are these blocks long. I was huffing and Puffing when I got around the block to get back home. You guys have made a football phanatic out of me with all your post after each game.

I can think of one game in particular that you were fortunate to miss. My Iowa Hawkeyes set a new low for embarrassment in the Rose Bowl. It somehow managed to get worse at half time when Stanford's band made fun of Iowa's farmers by doing a parody of FarmersOnly.com. "Real classy" but, it's what you'd expect it from them.

Roger

Roger & Lynn Rempe

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" -- Mark Twain (Innocents Abroad)

Well, we Okies lost to Clemson, but had a pretty good year anyway. At least now I can cry in my cranberry juice! Now the Okc Thunder Basketball team is doing pretty good, so maybe we can win at something. :D

Pulled into the Redding Elks this evening and there were two spots open so we gots a home for the week. Having the steering gearbox worked on by Redding RV/Truck shop so we'll see if they can finally get this thing steering right. We ran into a 15 mile stretch of road construction today that was a real pain to drive on. They had the road torn up and concrete barriers on the passenger side for way longer than I wanted to drive near them. It was really rough and hilly, so just keeping the bus off the concrete and not trading mirrors with the oncoming 18 wheelers was plenty to deal with. Thank goodness they make Jameson to buffer the experience. ;) Now to order our mail (overdue bills and things) and sit still for a week before we head for Q. Whew!!

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

I keep looking over my shoulder for those guys with the white jackets that have so many straps on them. I think they are following me. Yesterday I looked for my estimated tax forms and yes I left them in Deming again. Seem like last quarter I had to make a mad dash back to Deming to get them also. So Thursday Morning I'll be heading East again and it's cold back there. I went into town to get some groceries and while buzzing around in WalMart I started feeling bad and developed a sore throat. As the day wore on I kept going down hill so I went to bed about 7PM. I got up several time durning the night but went back to bed. At 10AM I finally got up and ate a bowl of Cheereos. I still feel weak and have the sore throat. The only place I've been out in the public is that bad Space Restaurant in Gila Bend for breakfast. That must be where I got bit by the bug. I sure hope it isn't the flu. I should be over what ever it is by thursday so my plan is to make a fast trip back to Deming, get my taxes in then start back toward Quartzsite. Deming is having nights in the 20s and teens. I hope I remember to keep the flap on my BVDs buttoned.

Edited by IYQ

Steve - We stayed at that Elks and it was pretty active. They still do Taco Tuesday? You can bike along the river from the RV for miles. All the way to Lake Shasta if you want. Watch out for the section called the "Roller Coaster" very hilly for a couple of miles.

We have been having Windows 10 fun. When we shut down and it says there is an update it wipes it out and we have to start over. Tina was working with Microsoft for about 4 hours yesterday. She finally ask for them to reinstall Windows 7 and they could not do it. So we took the computer to Best Buy to have Windows 7 reinstalled. They called last night to tell us our 4 year old Dell was not compatible with Windows 10. They said that Microsoft should have it figured out in 6 months. We have Windows 7 back and everything seems happy again. We also got a new Tablet while we were at Best Buy.

Lee - Hang in there. It sucks when you don't feel well. I've been a little under the weather the last few days but doing much better now.

GO BRONCOS!!! Peyton who?

Travel safe everyone.

Edited by SKP On the Go

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

Having the steering gearbox worked on by Redding RV/Truck shop so we'll see if they can finally get this thing steering right.

What I remember about Redding RV/Truck shop is parking in the street, dropping our levelers, and having one go down so far down into the gutter that it broke. Watching their technician laying in the street trying to catch the leaking hydraulic fluid was interesting but not something I'm in a hurry to repeat. I hope your service is error free.

Linda

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Steve - We stayed at that Elks and it was pretty active. They still do Taco Tuesday? You can bike along the river from the RV for miles. All the way to Lake Shasta if you want. Watch out for the section called the "Roller Coaster" very hilly for a couple of miles.

We have been having Windows 10 fun. When we shut down and it says there is an update it wipes it out and we have to start over. Tina was working with Microsoft for about 4 hours yesterday. She finally ask for them to reinstall Windows 7 and they could not do it. So we took the computer to Best Buy to have Windows 7 reinstalled. They called last night to tell us our 4 year old Dell was not compatible with Windows 10. They said that Microsoft should have it figured out in 6 months. We have Windows 7 back and everything seems happy again. We also got a new Tablet while we were at Best Buy.

Lee - Hang in there. It sucks when you don't feel well. I've been a little under the weather the last few days but doing much better now.

GO BRONCOS!!! Peyton who?

Travel safe everyone.

A racket, ya think. You bought a tablet.

We both have Windows 10. I love it. Doug uninstalled a lot of things and he is happy now too. We have a 6 year old Dell on Windows 7 and figured out it was not compatible with Windows 10. We only use that in the park office so that's fine with us.

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png

We got to Ajo just before noon. It was sunny but windy. The wind seems to have blown away the sunshine and it is chilly now.

I see Brad and Marilyn are just down the road at Why. We should visit. We will be here until Friday unless it gets really cold.

We both commented on how different less than 100 miles can make it.. We were in the park for a month with 150+ people around us. Although I didn't do much this year, you always feel obligated. Now we arrive, make up some hot dogs, play Scrabble and Doug is napping while I get up to date with the computer. Haa, this is good.

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png

I hope nobody puts a cork in my snorkel cause I'm going to be needing it. It rained most of the day and is forecasted to rain the rest of the week. Because Thursday is supposed to be the worst day I may just leave tomorrow which is supposed to be the weakest storm day. The Navion already is in bad need of a bath so it can't get much dirtier. I still have the sore throat and feel like I went through the Big Bang so it won't make much difference where I am. If It don't clear up by next Monday I'll go to the Doctor. I don't do anything except sleep which is OK because I don't want to spread this to others. So if I feel good enough to get this thing ready to roll in the morning, my next post will probably be from Deming. If it gets too uncomfortable driving I'll stop in Benson.

I hope nobody puts a cork in my snorkel cause I'm going to be needing it. It rained most of the day and is forecasted to rain the rest of the week. Because Thursday is supposed to be the worst day I may just leave tomorrow which is supposed to be the weakest storm day. The Navion already is in bad need of a bath so it can't get much dirtier. I still have the sore throat and feel like I went through the Big Bang so it won't make much difference where I am. If It don't clear up by next Monday I'll go to the Doctor. I don't do anything except sleep which is OK because I don't want to spread this to others. So if I feel good enough to get this thing ready to roll in the morning, my next post will probably be from Deming. If it gets too uncomfortable driving I'll stop in Benson.

Sounds like you need a little warmth and rest to get over whatever you have. Sometimes those bugs are hard to shake. Arizona sure has had it's share of cold weather. Hope you get to feeling better soon. It's no fun to be sick.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

Chicken soup for you Lee and get well soon!

Roger

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Still here in Redlands at Redlands RV. They finished fixing the roof leak just in time for the test. It rained a couple of inches here yesterday, and so far no leaks. I may have triggered the rain by trying to get the roof fixed in the first place. They say it's El Nino, but what do those weather procrastinators know anyway. They finished replacing the shocks yesterday, but they had a lot of trouble with the left (DS) rear shock. I knew when they got out the blue tip wrench (torch) that they were in trouble. At least they got it done and just in time too. This morning we had a shock test! Actually they called it an earthquake (4.5), but I know that it was a shock test! Now back to the shop for a tie rod end replacement and alignment. Once they finish, we'll be heading for Q. I know Dave is there already strafing the neighborhood with his (red baron), so we should have a landing strip cleared out and ready.

Lee, double up on the chicken soup and drive out the evil spirits, ya hear!!

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Still here in Redlands at Redlands RV. They finished fixing the roof leak just in time for the test. It rained a couple of inches here yesterday, and so far no leaks. I may have triggered the rain by trying to get the roof fixed in the first place. They say it's El Nino, but what do those weather procrastinators know anyway. They finished replacing the shocks yesterday, but they had a lot of trouble with the left (DS) rear shock. I knew when they got out the blue tip wrench (torch) that they were in trouble. At least they got it done and just in time too. This morning we had a shock test! Actually they called it an earthquake (4.5), but I know that it was a shock test! Now back to the shop for a tie rod end replacement and alignment. Once they finish, we'll be heading for Q. I know Dave is there already strafing the neighborhood with his (red baron), so we should have a landing strip cleared out and ready.

Lee, double up on the chicken soup and drive out the evil spirits, ya hear!!

I sure do enjoy your take on things. "blue tip wrench" "Shock test" "evil spirits" :)

Linda

I'm still in Deming. I got here the Fifth stopped at the place I normally get oil changes and set up an appointment for the next day. The next morning I got the 1040ES in the mail but when I went to have the oil changed they descovered that they couldn't get the oil filter off without a special wrench and couldn't find the correct filter. So, I went to E&M Auto Repair which works on imports. They had all the right stuff but can't get me in until Monday the 11th. So I might be a day late getting to Quartzsite. I still have the creeping crud but this morning it's acting like it might be breaking. Still no apitite and hacking up yellow mucus and my nose is running wild but not as bad as I was yesterday.

I thumbed through a bunch of pages but didn't stumble across the dates everyone was talking about getting together this year in Q.

Dave & Diane

2020 New Horizon Majestic  5th wheel

2018 Ram 5500

2014 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH (SOLD)
2012 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited (SOLD)

http://daveanddiane.wordpress.com/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWqRmO1rO4cu3rFANF1iG6Q

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10752;80/st/20120701/e/Went+fulltime/dt/-2/k/271f/event.png

GAME DAY!!!! Lets go KC!!!!

Dave & Diane

2020 New Horizon Majestic  5th wheel

2018 Ram 5500

2014 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH (SOLD)
2012 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited (SOLD)

http://daveanddiane.wordpress.com/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWqRmO1rO4cu3rFANF1iG6Q

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10752;80/st/20120701/e/Went+fulltime/dt/-2/k/271f/event.png

GAME DAY!!!! Lets go KC!!!!

I'll root for your Chiefs Dave if you pull for my Pack...at least for now!

Roger & Lynn Rempe