The Class-less Class

Sandie & Jim

When I got set up and made a cup of tea a freight train came in my driver's door and went out the coach door. There was another rail road track behind the court less than a 100 yards away.

Yep, it might get a bit noisy. That is the Union Pacific mainline between TX and CA.

Dave

Line 1 - ends with just the return (enter) key.

Line 2 - ends with shift-return (shift-enter) key combination.
Line 3

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tonight finds me at the Shadow Ridge RV Park in Ajo AZ. It was a very nice day. I was invited to have Xmas Dinner with the folks two rows behind me. The neighbors to my left and Cowgirl Margie, catty cornered behind me, were also at that party. When I arrived this morning the office manager saw me park by the closed office and came from here rig and told me to find a spot and come in tomorrow to register. She told me the password for wifi and the combination for the showers and said I'll see you tomorrow Merry Christmas. Very trusting. I like that. I offered to pay in advanced and she said no tomorrow will do. This was a much better Christmas than it would have been at the slabs.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Tonight finds me at the Shadow Ridge RV Park in Ajo AZ. It was a very nice day. I was invited to have Xmas Dinner with the folks two rows behind me. The neighbors to my left and Cowgirl Margie, catty cornered behind me, were also at that party. When I arrived this morning the office manager saw me park by the closed office and came from here rig and told me to find a spot and come in tomorrow to register. She told me the password for wifi and the combination for the showers and said I'll see you tomorrow Merry Christmas. Very trusting. I like that. I offered to pay in advanced and she said no tomorrow will do. This was a much better Christmas than it would have been at the slabs.

So nice that everything turned out for you. Sometimes you find a few "gems" in this world.

Merry Christmas.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

When I registered at the CG office this morning I saw some tv cables for sale. When I took a close look they were only about 4 to 5 feet long. I asked if they had longer ones. She said no but we'll loan you one. I told her no I need one for the rig anyway. She pointed down the street and said Radio Shack has them. I walked down there (about 2 blocks) they were closed. I read the signs in the window. One said open 9 to 5 except saturday 10 to 2. The other said closed Christmas day so I stopped reading. It was only 9:30 so I decided to wait till 10. I strolled around for about 20 minutes and happened to walk by the sign in the window again and stopped to read it again. Right under the Closed Christmas day it said in small print "and Saturday 12/26/15". I'm beginning to wonder if its safe for me to roam the streets. And the worse thing is all that waiting without a place to sit got my knees so sore I can hardly stand now. When I got back to my rig I found that the rig don 't even have an outside TV hookup. It's in a cupboard above the TV and sink and useless. Gurrrrrrrrr.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

When I registered at the CG office this morning I saw some tv cables for sale. When I took a close look they were only about 4 to 5 feet long. I asked if they had longer ones. She said no but we'll loan you one. I told her no I need one for the rig anyway. She pointed down the street and said Radio Shack has them. I walked down there (about 2 blocks) they were closed. I read the signs in the window. One said open 9 to 5 except saturday 10 to 2. The other said closed Christmas day so I stopped reading. It was only 9:30 so I decided to wait till 10. I strolled around for about 20 minutes and happened to walk by the sign in the window again and stopped to read it again. Right under the Closed Christmas day it said in small print "and Saturday 12/26/15". I'm beginning to wonder if its safe for me to roam the streets. And the worse thing is all that waiting without a place to sit got my knees so sore I can hardly stand now. When I got back to my rig I found that the rig don 't even have an outside TV hookup. It's in a cupboard above the TV and sink and useless. Gurrrrrrrrr.

Lee, where does the coaxial plug in the cupboard go to...just the antenna?

Roger

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Class of 2012 & "Class-less"!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" -- Mark Twain (Innocents Abroad)

Lee, where does the coaxial plug in the cupboard go to...just the antenna?

Roger

I am not sure. The TV is mounted on the wall right under that cupboard and all the vidio connections are in the back of that cupboard on the wall. The face plate that has the RG 59 cable connector on it also has the push button switch for the signal amplifier on it. There is no cable connector on the outside of the rig or in any of the outside compartments. I havent watched TV in the past 8 years. I just thought I might get interested in football again and assumed there would be an outside connector for cable. My other trailer does have one on the drivers side of the rig. You can't get any stations at all on the antenna down here in Ajo. Edited by IYQ

I am not sure. The TV is mounted on the wall right under that cupboard and all the vidio connections are in the back of that cupboard on the wall. The face plate that has the RG 86 cable connector on it also has the push button switch for the signal amplifier on it. There is no cable connector on the outside of the rig or in any of the outside compartments. I havent watched TV in the past 8 years. I just thought I might get interested in football again and assumed there would be an outside connector for cable. My other trailer does have one on the drivers side of the rig. You can't get any stations at all on the antenna down here in Ajo.

That is really odd. I'd say that nearly every RV now has one. I googled your rig and it shows "cable TV input" as a standard feature. Is there a compartment that contains your electric cord? I'd be contacting your dealer about it!

R

Edited by Lil' Red Rooster

Roger & Lynn Rempe

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" -- Mark Twain (Innocents Abroad)

That is really odd. I'd say that nearly every RV now has one. I googled your rig and it shows "cable TV input" as a standard feature. Is there a compartment that contains your electric cord? I'd be contacting your dealer about it!

R

Roger, the compartment that stores the electric cord has the water control panel in it with all the drain valves and tank fill valves, shower, pump switch, macerator switch plus the generator output plug but I didn't see any cable conector in there. That cupboard above the TV also has the cable connectors for a satellite receiver in it. Weird, there is no window anywhere near that cupboard to get the cables outside.

Roger, the compartment that stores the electric cord has the water control panel in it with all the drain valves and tank fill valves, shower, pump switch, macerator switch plus the generator output plug but I didn't see any cable conector in there. That cupboard above the TV also has the cable connectors for a satellite receiver in it. Weird, there is no window anywhere near that cupboard to get the cables outside.

That sounds like the picture of the compartment that I saw on line that made me wonder if it was in there. I also read that your rig should be satellite ready. If you had a wire tracer you might be able to put a tone on the cupboard outlet and follow it. Too bad that I won't be in Q...I've got a tracer. I reckon that you could run a coax through the window but, I'd also make the dealer show you where it is or have them install one since it's supposed to be standard. Makes ya wonder if the guys at the factory were in a hurry to get home that day! <_<

R

Roger & Lynn Rempe

That sounds like the picture of the compartment that I saw on line that made me wonder if it was in there. I also read that your rig should be satellite ready. If you had a wire tracer you might be able to put a tone on the cupboard outlet and follow it. Too bad that I won't be in Q...I've got a tracer. I reckon that you could run a coax through the window but, I'd also make the dealer show you where it is or have them install one since it's supposed to be standard. Makes ya wonder if the guys at the factory were in a hurry to get home that day! <_<

R

Roger, I just looked in that compartment again. The plug is in there at the very back of the electric cable storage area. By sitting on the ground. with my arm fully extended I can just verily reach it. I think it will not be used by me. I had a heck of a time getting my feet back under me to get up again. If I do use it, I'll leave the cable on the connector and just roll it up and lay it where the shower head goes which I will not be using also. The outside shower is no where near the dump valve and sewer hose and I don't have a dog to wash.

Roger, I just looked in that compartment again. The plug is in there at the very back of the electric cable storage area. By sitting on the ground. with my arm fully extended I can just verily reach it. I think it will not be used by me. I had a heck of a time getting my feet back under me to get up again. If I do use it, I'll leave the cable on the connector and just roll it up and lay it where the shower head goes which I will not be using also. The outside shower is no where near the dump valve and sewer hose and I don't have a dog to wash.

No wonder you couldn't find it! Designed by someone who doesn't RV obviously. :rolleyes:

BTW...since you mentioned that you don't watch much TV, if you hook up to cable TV you'll need to turn off the the antenna amplifier. But, you probably knew that!

Roger

Roger & Lynn Rempe

I bought a tv cable today and watched the Broncos/Bingles game. Good game. After not watching TV at all for about 8 years I've become a one night addict.

As soon as it got light this morning I had to go out in the cold to dump the black tank. It filled last night just as it was getting dark. I was hoping that last night's use didn't over fill it. Close call. I decided that as long as I was already frozen I might as well go out for breakfast. As I was getting the leveling blocks out of the way Cowgirl Margie came walking past so she climed into the shootgun seat and went with me. We sat in the restaurant till I was afraid they would throw us out. Then we stopped at Radio Shack for that TV cable then drove down to the plaza to check it out. I was hoping it would warm up with all the time we were wasting but no chance. So home we went to sit on the cold ground and attach that cable. Oh well all is well that ends well even if it did make my nose run and teeth chatter.

Timing is everything Lee, and you are the master of it!! Glad you got the cable going.

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

I bought a tv cable today and watched the Broncos/Bingles game. Good game. After not watching TV at all for about 8 years I've become a one night addict.

As soon as it got light this morning I had to go out in the cold to dump the black tank. It filled last night just as it was getting dark. I was hoping that last night's use didn't over fill it. Close call. I decided that as long as I was already frozen I might as well go out for breakfast. As I was getting the leveling blocks out of the way Cowgirl Margie came walking past so she climed into the shootgun seat and went with me. We sat in the restaurant till I was afraid they would throw us out. Then we stopped at Radio Shack for that TV cable then drove down to the plaza to check it out. I was hoping it would warm up with all the time we were wasting but no chance. So home we went to sit on the cold ground and attach that cable. Oh well all is well that ends well even if it did make my nose run and teeth chatter.

Now you need to pick a favorite team and suffer like the rest of us "fanatics" every time they play...LOL!

Roger

Roger & Lynn Rempe

I only watch football when I can be in the stands where I yell and scream and make a fool of myself. I guess I could do that at home but that wouldn't embarrass Dave nearly as much. :)

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

I had to start closing he windows in the RV during KC games after getting a few comments from neighbors, none that were mad but just the same LOL!!! But I can't help it. When we had our dog he would always go find a place to hide.

Dave & Diane

2020 New Horizon Majestic  5th wheel

2018 Ram 5500

2014 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH (SOLD)
2012 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited (SOLD)

http://daveanddiane.wordpress.com/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWqRmO1rO4cu3rFANF1iG6Q

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10752;80/st/20120701/e/Went+fulltime/dt/-2/k/271f/event.png

I only watch football when I can be in the stands where I yell and scream and make a fool of myself. I guess I could do that at home but that wouldn't embarrass Dave nearly as much. :)

Linda

We had season tickets for the U of Iowa for nineteen years and did that Sandy. Some of the best times of my life. Bear hugs from my dad and tearing the goal posts down with him after beating Michigan...priceless!

Roger & Lynn Rempe

I should have filled the fresh water tank yesterday. It went empty this morning so I had to freeze my tush again this morning filling it. Old dogs just don't learn new tricks. There was a bunch of Javelina (peccary) runing around in the park today. Every once in a while I heard something bump the outside of the rig. When I opened the door to look there was about 25 pigs running around in my site. When Margie took her walk this morning there were pigs laying on her patio when she returned. She was afraid to try to get into her rig. I met the young lady that owns the park this morning. She was very nice and a pleasure to talk with. This morning was cloudy and stayed in the 30s until about noon. The sun came out about noon but it only warmed to the mid 50s. It's been a weird year.

Jeff / Tina -- When you planning on attending the Tampa RV Show. We'd like to coordinate our visit the same you'll be there.

Don't think we're going to do the Tampa RV show this time. Staying in Miami until 29 January. When are you going to the keys?

Jeff

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/