The Class-less Class

Sandie & Jim

Both of us have upgraded. We also know quite a few others who have without an issue.

How's the rain in your area? I knew southwest Washington had set records for rain but didn't know the extent of it until Sandie sent me a text this morning wanting to know how our kids were doing. Thus, I called them. Evidently, their little town of Kalama has made the news. It's totally flooded! The police station had 8" of water in it this morning and now I guess it's up to over a foot. Exits from the freeway are closed. Even I5 was closed due an accident caused by the flooding. Three people were killed. A little RV Park in Kalama has had floating RVs. They had to bring in tow trucks to pull them out. They're now blocking the roadway. Daughter couldn't drive north for work but could go south on the freeway towards Portland to work in another location. DIL couldn't get to work in Woodland. She couldn't drive through Kalama as water was too high for her car. We park our Jeep in a storage area behind our daughter's house. Evidently there was a landslide there and a few trees came down. Our vehicle escaped getting hit but others didn't. What a mess for sure. Son's house is on the top of the hill behind the City Hall in the picture below. He's high up ... thank goodness. He's always had a view of the Columbia River from the 2nd floor of his house. Now he has a better water front view.

635852568531219802-IMG-5061.JPG

Oh my. A mess yes. Not so bad on the other side of the border.

Here? Today is the first cloudy day we have had since we came to Arizona. It's going to be cooler starting Saturday, clouds but no rain in sight.

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Both of us have upgraded. We also know quite a few others who have without an issue.

How's the rain in your area? I knew southwest Washington had set records for rain but didn't know the extent of it until Sandie sent me a text this morning wanting to know how our kids were doing. Thus, I called them. Evidently, their little town of Kalama has made the news. It's totally flooded! The police station had 8" of water in it this morning and now I guess it's up to over a foot. Exits from the freeway are closed. Even I5 was closed due an accident caused by the flooding. Three people were killed. A little RV Park in Kalama has had floating RVs. They had to bring in tow trucks to pull them out. They're now blocking the roadway. Daughter couldn't drive north for work but could go south on the freeway towards Portland to work in another location. DIL couldn't get to work in Woodland. She couldn't drive through Kalama as water was too high for her car. We park our Jeep in a storage area behind our daughter's house. Evidently there was a landslide there and a few trees came down. Our vehicle escaped getting hit but others didn't. What a mess for sure. Son's house is on the top of the hill behind the City Hall in the picture below. He's high up ... thank goodness. He's always had a view of the Columbia River from the 2nd floor of his house. Now he has a better water front view.

635852568531219802-IMG-5061.JPG

Kalama made the CBS news. Wow, bad.

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png

I finally got some work done today. I got most of the stuff that can't stay in the trailer or that I'll need on the road moved into the Navion. I had to rearrange every cupboard and basement compartment to get it stored but I made it. All I have left in a couple of packages of frozen fruit and veggies to move over there. Now lets hope the trailer parts get here Friday. I'll send for my mail tomorrow which should get it here on Monday and if the parts are here Friday they will install them on Monday also. If not I'll winterize it myself on Monday and try to leave Tuesday morning. Our weather will turn cold and windy on Saturday. Then Tuesday it really gets frigid (23° at night and only 49° in the daytime). That's a big drop from 33° and 71° today. It's been like summer for the past 10 days or so. These storms headed this way are the remains of the PNW storms but they say they will be dry by the time they get here.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Lee, we'll be glad to give you the remains of the PNW storms and I don't think they'll be completely "dry" by the time you get them. Temps here are 54 right now and about 61 high at high noon today. Now to take a "Steve" as I've done all I can do today. What was that? Hmmmm Stevezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Well, daughter and SIL couldn't get home last night. Another landslide closed northbound lanes on I5. Son works north of Kalama so he got home close to midnight. DIL didn't go to work because she couldn't drive her car through the floods in town to get to the freeway. What a mess.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

Jerry it sounds bad for your kids. I am going to quit complaining about the rain in Texas. All we had to deal with was a little mud.

About Windows 10, I have downloaded it on 3 computers with no problem.

Hope things "clear up" for your kids Jeri. And Steve, sounds like you and Carol better start gettin' further south...you don't wanna end up like the Donner party!

Have any of you did the Win 10 upgrade and found that you didn't like it or found no advantages to the new format?

Roger

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Class of 2012 & "Class-less"!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" -- Mark Twain (Innocents Abroad)

Well folks the Wind and Rain have returned to the PNW. Sure isn't going to make things any better for the folks down in the southern part of Washington and Northern Oregon. I just wish I was at the coast as they are predicting waves up to 35 feet tall in the Ocean Shores area, WOW. Also saw on the news last night that Seattle is almost triple on rain so far for this month.

At least down where Steve and Carol are, Carol should be getting some GREAT Storm pictures.

Joe

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

We used to vacation at a condo on the beach in Seaside, Oregon, and always thought it would be fun to watch a winter storm from those big windows. Looks like we just missed our chance.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

We used to vacation at a condo on the beach in Seaside, Oregon, and always thought it would be fun to watch a winter storm from those big windows. Looks like we just missed our chance.

Linda

Watching storms over the ocean is something many people love to do. You probably missed THE big one this year. The storm continues up there. Even a tornado hit!! They nearly NEVER get tornados.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

Thunder and lightning in Coos Bay right now! This has been a real stretch of rain and storms. Linda, we did go and watch the waves a couple of times and they were pretty big. They just don't look as impressive when you take a picture of them. Now if you were on a surfboard......hmmmm.

Yaay! I fixed the jacks! Well I had help from tech support at HWH. ;) They suggested I may have a ground bad, not a controller problem. I managed (between rainstorms) to do some tests and it turned out the ground was bad on the motor for the hydraulic pump. I used my jumper cables to test it out and it worked. We're now on the level!! I cleaned the contacts of all the wires going to the grounding stud on the pump motor, but that didn't do any good, so there is no telling where it is bad. I had a new 2 GA cable made up at O'Rileys' and now if it stops raining I'll install it. Ducked another bullet I guess! I'm looking for cranberry juice now. Arrrrrr Arrrrr! B)

"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
08 Dodge Dakota toad

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Watching storms over the ocean is something many people love to do. You probably missed THE big one this year. The storm continues up there. Even a tornado hit!! They nearly NEVER get tornados.

Is it me or has anyone else noticed that the "weather incidents" have gotten more frequent and severe around the U.S.? :ph34r:

That being said...it would cool to watch a major storm roll in off the ocean!

R

Roger & Lynn Rempe

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" -- Mark Twain (Innocents Abroad)

Thunder and lightning in Coos Bay right now! This has been a real stretch of rain and storms. Linda, we did go and watch the waves a couple of times and they were pretty big. They just don't look as impressive when you take a picture of them. Now if you were on a surfboard......hmmmm.

Yaay! I fixed the jacks! Well I had help from tech support at HWH. ;) They suggested I may have a ground bad, not a controller problem. I managed (between rainstorms) to do some tests and it turned out the ground was bad on the motor for the hydraulic pump. I used my jumper cables to test it out and it worked. We're now on the level!! I cleaned the contacts of all the wires going to the grounding stud on the pump motor, but that didn't do any good, so there is no telling where it is bad. I had a new 2 GA cable made up at O'Rileys' and now if it stops raining I'll install it. Ducked another bullet I guess! I'm looking for cranberry juice now. Arrrrrr Arrrrr! B)

Way to go Stever! As one who has had more than his share of probs... ;) I've come to believe that the majority of these things can be bad grounds. Of course the trick is running 'em down. We stopped in at the HWH mothership in Moscow, IA for a leaky leveler and they were great. Got us in as soon as we got there (a day early), only charged us $75 and we were outta there in a couple hours. Very friendly people too...as Iowans tend to be! :D

R

Edited by Lil' Red Rooster

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Apparently our laptop is having issues with Windows 10. It has locked up 3 times now then it takes several hours for it to reload everything again. It happened again yesterday morning on start up. Hope were good now.

We saw the report on CBS the other morning in Kalama. It's got to let up soon.

They were suppose to open Zoo Miami yesterday. It's been closed since Saturday because of the rain. Sitting here listening to thunder as a storm comes in from the ocean. The sun should shine this afternoon.

Steve - I was having trouble with jacks and slides not working. The batteries had corroded cables. After the cables were fixed all is happy now.

Travel safe everyone.

Jeff :)

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

Good to hear Jeff. We just set a record here, it hasn't rained in 15 minutes!! :angry:

"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
08 Dodge Dakota toad

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Steve, Don't you dare get that Ice Cream Machine all wet and muddy playing around out there on the Left Coast. I don't want it to get my Navion dirty when I catch up with you and steal it.

My parts all got here and I have an appointment Monday morning to install them so I'll be hitting the road Tuesday morning. I've got a lot to do Sat and Sun to be all ready to leave. Tomorrow I'll button the trailer up and trade sites with the Navion. That way it will be ready to pull out to the rv shop Monday. I'll dump the tanks on both rigs before I change places with them. The sewer line on the trailer site has a break in it and I'll need to leave it empty so they can dig while I'm gone. When I come back from the repair shop I'll park the traile truck and golf cart on the Navion site. Lock up and stay overnight in the Navion parked on the trailer site. Then leave for AZ the next morning which will leave the trailer site completely empty.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

We owned lots of rain gear when we lived in Florida, nice and dry here in the desert..but el Nino could still kick in

And so it did. We had rain for about 3 hours on and off, and wind too. Nothing like you poor folks north and east.

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png

I seem to be pretty much on schedule getting ready to hit the road but I think I already got to my distination. I think I ended up in Siberia. It is cold and windy. It drizzled rain all morning and wind made it miserable working outside the rest of the day. It is supposed to go to the 20's tonight and into the teens in the coming week. Tomorrow I need to swap sites with the two rigs then Monday after I get back from Jimmy's RV Repair I'll dump the tanks on the Navion and be ready to head west out of this cold. Arizona, keep your kids off the street. Here I come.

I seem to be pretty much on schedule getting ready to hit the road but I think I already got to my distination. I think I ended up in Siberia. It is cold and windy. It drizzled rain all morning and wind made it miserable working outside the rest of the day. It is supposed to go to the 20's tonight and into the teens in the coming week. Tomorrow I need to swap sites with the two rigs then Monday after I get back from Jimmy's RV Repair I'll dump the tanks on the Navion and be ready to head west out of this cold. Arizona, keep your kids off the street. Here I come.

Get the heck outta there Lee and safe travels!

Our MH has been rockin' and rollin' since it woke me at 4:30 this a.m. Pouring rain too. Hope my slide out awnings are still attached...it's scary out there and I hope the dog can keep his legs crossed a bit longer...LOL!! :blink:

Roger

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Get the heck outta there Lee and safe travels!

Our MH has been rockin' and rollin' since it woke me at 4:30 this a.m. Pouring rain too. Hope my slide out awnings are still attached...it's scary out there and I hope the dog can keep his legs crossed a bit longer...LOL!! :blink:

Roger

Should have stayed in Florida with us. Sunny with highs in the low 80's and low in low 70's. Gentle breezes, almost paradise. If I could only talk Jeri into making more tropical drinks for me. haha. May rain a little twice a week but mostly at night. Life is great.

Lee- hope you get to warmer weather soon.

http://www.toadswildadventures.blogspot.com/

Just travelin' down life's highway-toot-toot!

Hi all

We had a group at Silly Al's for lunch today. So if your ears are burning that is why. 8 of us sat and talked for close to 4 hours. The group included Paul and Sue, Brad and Marilyn, Tom and Dianne

We all decided we should post again about rally in January.

Plan is to get a spot on plomosa rd Wed 13th to Monday 18th. At some point during that time there will be the 3rd annual Margarita quesadillas night.

Hope to see many of you at the rally.

Julie

Happiness is a voyage, not a destination,

There is no better time to be happy than... NOW

I got the two rigs swapped today so I'm all ready to take the Trailer to Jimmy's RV Repair in the morning so I'm pretty much on schedule. I about had a frosted tush out there this morning hooking up the trailer to move it to the other site. The real test of my fortitude will come Tuesday morning when I head West. The forecast is for 18° and high winds but it improves as you go west. So If the divide just east of Lordsburg is clear and Texas canyon isn't icy I should be ok.

Julie: Does that 13th to 18th mean will start on the 13th and break up on the 18th or simply mean we will start some where between the 13th and 18th?

Well we pulled up the pin today and headed farther south. It was raining when we left, but it was going to rain every day in the foreseeable future so we just sucked it up and got on the road. We actually drove out of the rain for a while, but it was always lurking around the edges. The ocean was really pretty today with the partial sun, and fair sized waves so all and all it was a fine drive. We stopped at Gold Beach in a parking lot for the night as we need diesel and didn't want to fill up in the rain. It's supposed to be better tomorrow, so we'll see how that goes. IYQ, I kept the ice cream machine dry but when I started it up it made a new flavor called MOSS, so maybe I've kept it in the NW too long! One thing about this late run down the West coast is there is no traffic. It's 39 degrees right now and no wind, so I guess it's time to take a Steve Nite all ZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz

"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
08 Dodge Dakota toad

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

I got the two rigs swapped today so I'm all ready to take the Trailer to Jimmy's RV Repair in the morning so I'm pretty much on schedule. I about had a frosted tush out there this morning hooking up the trailer to move it to the other site. The real test of my fortitude will come Tuesday morning when I head West. The forecast is for 18° and high winds but it improves as you go west. So If the divide just east of Lordsburg is clear and Texas canyon isn't icy I should be ok.

Julie: Does that 13th to 18th mean will start on the 13th and break up on the 18th or simply mean we will start some where between the 13th and 18th?

Rally will start the 13th ..I know some may want to extend or shorten their stay.

Julie

Happiness is a voyage, not a destination,

There is no better time to be happy than... NOW