The Class-less Class

Sandie & Jim

Well there was a break in the rain and snow long enough to get my tanks emptied and get a load of fresh water. But I about froze doing it. I still need to roll up the extra power cord and store it. It started raining again before I got hooked up but that won't take very long in the morning. My chair and outside table are soaked. I'll have to just toss them in the floorboard of the back seat and hope they don't make a mess of the carpet in my truck. So get your cowgirls off the street. Here I come. If I last that long I may drive to Gila Bend tomorrow then stay a couple of days to get everything dried out. No TID BITS tonight. It's been a hard day.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well there was a break in the rain and snow long enough to get my tanks emptied and get a load of fresh water. But I about froze doing it. I still need to roll up the extra power cord and store it. It started raining again before I got hooked up but that won't take very long in the morning. My chair and outside table are soaked. I'll have to just toss them in the floorboard of the back seat and hope they don't make a mess of the carpet in my truck. So get your cowgirls off the street. Here I come. If I last that long I may drive to Gila Bend tomorrow then stay a couple of days to get everything dried out. No TID BITS tonight. It's been a hard day.

I think once you get a little farther west, you'll warm up a bit. At least you will during the day. Supposed to be in low 70's today and just get warmer the rest of the week in the Phoenix area.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

Does anyone have a full sized axe with them? I'm at a BLM site north of Lake Havasu and someone left some logs that I could bring with me for firewood. The logs are about 8 to 10" in diameter, not sure of the species of the wood. Let me know and I will snag them and bring with me.

We will be here until after the balloon festival and then leave on Monday and stay two nights in Parker, then head for Q on the 21st.

Looking forward to meeting up with the group.

"It is better to have more truck than you need than to need more truck than you have"

2001 Volvo 660, Cummins 400 ISX, Eaton 3 Peddle Auto Shift    
2014 Fuzion 40' Toyhauler
2015 Smart Car                                                                                                                                                                          

Good deal Dennis, I have an electric chain saw so that would work fine. Looking foreword to meeting you. Steve

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

So sorry to hear that Jeri. If we can help in any way with transportation let us know. We will probably be in Q Friday or Saturday. Steve

"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
08 Dodge Dakota toad

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

We were in touch with Tina & Jeff, and Lynn & Roger this morning. Their rig and cat are covered, and their "RV Family" is volunteering to help in any way needed. None of us are alone when things happen.. what a comfort! We are all keeping good thoughts for you both, Tina & Jeff!

Tom & Dianne Wartman
Class of 2012, and happy members of the Classless Class
2004 Newmar Mountain Aire MH
2005 Chevy Trailblazer

www.tdhomestead.blogspot.com

Good deal Dennis, I have an electric chain saw so that would work fine. Looking foreword to meeting you. Steve

Great Steve I will bring the wood, but I didn't explain very good in my post that most of it is already sawn in 18" pieces, but they will need to be split. i will bring what's here and see what we have when we get there.

"It is better to have more truck than you need than to need more truck than you have"

2015 Smart Car                                                                                                                                                                          

FYI - We just took Tina and Jeff to the airport. His father is very ill and isn't expected to make it. They left their RV in Quartzsite with Roger and Lynn and their Jeep here with us. Keep them in your thoughts and prayers.

Yeah we heard about that....will be thinking of them, for sure.

Dennis, we have a full size maul AND a chain saw :)

Sue and Paul- fulltimed 2009 -2015 with Dozer, our Gray Tuxedo cat

2012 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB4 pulled by a 2020 F350 Platinum

Our "vacation home" : 2018 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper

RIP Dozey

http://soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com/

We have an ax. Tom

Great Steve I will bring the wood, but I didn't explain very good in my post that most of it is already sawn in 18" pieces, but they will need to be split. i will bring what's here and see what we have when we get there.

Tom & Dianne Wartman
2005 Chevy Trailblazer

Sorry to here of Tina and Jeff's problem. But always glad to see how our group is right there with help every time someone does have a problem.

When I looked outside this morning everything was coated with ice. I had to free up every thing by beating the ice off with my wrench. That coupled with all the rain and snow yesterday that made my place a mud bath was enough to drive a person to drink. All that mud was frozen solid on my outside chair and table so I had no choice and had to toss them in the back floorboard as they were. Of course they thawed on the trip and now I have a back floorboard full of mud. Yesterday was the worse weather we've had all winter and this morning's ice didn't help matters a bit.

I drove all the way to Gila Bend and I'm now sitting in the Shell station parking lot with sunshine and 69 degrees. I think I'll stay here tomorrow and try to clean up the mud in my truck. That will put me in Quartzsite Saturday if I get a coordinate to plug into my GPS. Right now I'm tired and hungry. All I've eaten today is a bowl of Cheerios and a couple cookies. There is only a sub way here so I guess I'll be playing kitchen roulette.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Take care of yourself, Lee... get warm, eat something nutritional and get some rest. To everyone traveling... be well!

Sorry to here of Tina and Jeff's problem. But always glad to see how our group is right there with help every time someone does have a problem.

When I looked outside this morning everything was coated with ice. I had to free up every thing by beating the ice off with my wrench. That coupled with all the rain and snow yesterday that made my place a mud bath was enough to drive a person to drink. All that mud was frozen solid on my outside chair and table so I had no choice and had to toss them in the back floorboard as they were. Of course they thawed on the trip and now I have a back floorboard full of mud. Yesterday was the worse weather we've had all winter and this morning's ice didn't help matters a bit.

I drove all the way to Gila Bend and I'm now sitting in the Shell station parking lot with sunshine and 69 degrees. I think I'll stay here tomorrow and try to clean up the mud in my truck. That will put me in Quartzsite Saturday if I get a coordinate to plug into my GPS. Right now I'm tired and hungry. All I've eaten today is a bowl of Cheerios and a couple cookies. There is only a sub way here so I guess I'll be playing kitchen roulette.

Tom & Dianne Wartman
2005 Chevy Trailblazer

Yeah we heard about that....will be thinking of them, for sure.

Dennis, we have a full size maul AND a chain saw :)

Great, we'll put them to good use. I was talking to a guy next to me about needing to find some firewood and he told me that he passed a house under construction in town and that he would stop by and see if they had any scrap wood, well about 2 hrs later he asks me where I wanted him to unload the wood. The guys working on the house said he could have all the scraps on the ground so he brought me about 2 wheel barrows of 2x4 and 2x6s. I'll have him check a few more times before I leave Monday and hopefully I can get a lot more.

You guys said I couldn't show up without bringing wine, champagne or firewood. Since I don't drink wine or champagne and wouldn't know good from bad I better get my butt in gear and get a lot of firewood.

Safe travels to all,

Dennis

2015 Smart Car                                                                                                                                                                          

That will put me in Quartzsite Saturday if I get a coordinate to plug into my GPS. .

Mike and Julie are there but want to scout out another spot in the morning, so as soon as they are sure they are settled, they will post the location.

We will be there Saturday too :)

Sue and Paul- fulltimed 2009 -2015 with Dozer, our Gray Tuxedo cat

2012 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB4 pulled by a 2020 F350 Platinum

Our "vacation home" : 2018 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper

RIP Dozey

http://soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com/

Our thoughts and prayers to you.. Jeff and Tina.

We are out on Plamosa Rd, north side last entrance to camping areas. SkP chapter 6 &21 close by and have signs out.

33 10 09 114 10 09

I think lol ... do not use GPS numbers very often.

Mike and Brad have set up our popular tent etc to claim more space.

Julie

Happiness is a voyage, not a destination,

There is no better time to be happy than... NOW

Ok put a - in front of the 114 without it u am in Alaska!

I did that Julie and according to Google Maps that puts you somewhere halfway between Yuma and Q! Are you sure about "33 10 09 114 10 09"? Odd that 10' 09" appears in both latitude and longitude!

Roger

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Class of 2012 & "Class-less"!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" -- Mark Twain (Innocents Abroad)

Ok, I have 33.76888 -114.16916 and that looks about in the right area. Far from Alaska!! :huh:

"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
08 Dodge Dakota toad

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"