The Class-less Class

Sandie & Jim

Well , Lee, while you were eating your cackle berries, I was trying to trade motor home. Yes, I've been looking for awhile, but with no luck.. All of a sudden this one came on the market and I jumped on it. We wanted a few specific things, and this one had most of them. It's a 2007 Allegro Bus 42 QRP and it has most of our requirements. It has 3 A/C units, full solar package (4 120V panels, 8 6V AGM house batteries, plus a lot of minor things that we have been on the watch for. It just had 8 new Michelin tires and all the house batteries replaced. Now my problem is getting all of this done. We are in Provo, Utah and have to get our present bus and truck to Yuma, then fly to Milwaukee, get the new bus and drive it through Oklahoma to Yuma and then after transferring all the "stuff" putting it up for sale. I guess that will keep us out of the bars for awhile. Ha ha! This one has been owned by a guy that reviews RV's in major publications and has been known for the upgrades he has done on his coaches. I've been reading his blog and informative writings for years and didn't think I would be able to get his bus, but I saw it the first day it was advertised and jumped on it. I guess BessyBus 11 is in the making.

Wow! You are going to be busy for a while. Hope you beat the snow. Sounds like a real nice one.

Jeff

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow Jeff, glad Mike and Deb happened to be nearby!

Steve, congratulations on the rig! I am sure stress will be part of the process but still its exciting!

Sue

Sue and Paul- fulltimed 2009 -2015 with Dozer, our Gray Tuxedo cat

2012 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB4 pulled by a 2020 F350 Platinum

Our "vacation home" : 2018 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper

RIP Dozey

http://soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com/

Well , Lee, while you were eating your cackle berries, I was trying to trade motor home. Yes, I've been looking for awhile, but with no luck.. All of a sudden this one came on the market and I jumped on it. We wanted a few specific things, and this one had most of them. It's a 2007 Allegro Bus 42 QRP and it has most of our requirements. It has 3 A/C units, full solar package (4 120V panels, 8 6V AGM house batteries, plus a lot of minor things that we have been on the watch for. It just had 8 new Michelin tires and all the house batteries replaced. Now my problem is getting all of this done. We are in Provo, Utah and have to get our present bus and truck to Yuma, then fly to Milwaukee, get the new bus and drive it through Oklahoma to Yuma and then after transferring all the "stuff" putting it up for sale. I guess that will keep us out of the bars for awhile. Ha ha! This one has been owned by a guy that reviews RV's in major publications and has been known for the upgrades he has done on his coaches. I've been reading his blog and informative writings for years and didn't think I would be able to get his bus, but I saw it the first day it was advertised and jumped on it. I guess BessyBus 11 is in the making.

Got tired just thinking about back and forth. You will be right next door to us. Man, be prepared it is cold.

But congratulations on your new "baby".

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

We will be leaving Bagley on Tuesday morning. (going to be really hard). We are heading towards Santa Fe and wondered what you guys knew about where to stay for about a week there. Boondocking? or reasonably priced RV parks.

For Paul - After getting a new speed sensor in Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, to the tune of $330, we kept the RPM's under 1500 all the way to Bagley. No sign of the overdrive light. Yesterday we went to the Ford dealership in Bemidji, they put it on the same scope as supposedly Moose Jaw did. Moose Jaw had installed a new speedometer sensor, IN THE REAR END. Nothing to do with the transmission. So now we have a new transmission sensor and we are very hopeful that the problem is fixed. The mechanic was nice enough to write on his invoice that the sensor that was put in in Moose Jaw is completely unnecessary. I will email them and DEMAND our money back. Thanks for your help.

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png

Well, add us to the list again of fellow Classless with breakdowns. On Thursday, while heading to Paso Robles, CA to get our Hydro-Hot REPLACED ($10K) the MH broke down for the second time since we've had it. We were just north of Yuba City...a charming town (sarcasm) and had to get it towed. Spent the first night at a roach motel full of meth heads, etc. Last nights motel was farther away but like paradise for only $5 more. The mechanic worked on diagnosis all day Friday and replaced the solenoid that controls the exhaust brakes. He THINKS that was the problem as we weren't getting power because the brakes were stuck on. Also found that the oil was down 2.5 gallons which didn't help I'm sure. Just spent a bunch of $ at the Beaver Service in Bend, OR and they claimed that my oil looked fine. The kicker is that the tow service that Coach-Net sent managed to damage the front of our rig body. That will be a hassle to get repaired. Hoping to pick up the rig and make it to Patterson, CA this a.m. Fingers crossed that they fixed the problem.

Congrats Steve on finding your new Bessie Bus. I'm sure you'll have better luck than us!

Roger

Edited by Lil' Red Rooster

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Class of 2012 & "Class-less"!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" -- Mark Twain (Innocents Abroad)

Well, add us to the list again of fellow Classless with breakdowns. On Thursday, while heading to Paso Robles, CA to get our Hydro-Hot REPLACED ($10K) the MH broke down for the second time since we've had it. We were just north of Yuba City...a charming town (sarcasm) and had to get it towed. Spent the first night at a roach motel full of meth heads, etc. Last nights motel was farther away but like paradise for only $5 more. The mechanic worked on diagnosis all day Friday and replaced the solenoid that controls the exhaust brakes. He THINKS that was the problem as we weren't getting power because the brakes were stuck on. Also found that the oil was down 2.5 gallons which didn't help I'm sure. Just spent a bunch of $ at the Beaver Service in Bend, OR and they claimed that my oil looked fine. The kicker is that the tow service that Coach-Net sent managed to damage the front of our rig body. That will be a hassle to get repaired. Hoping to pick up the rig and make it to Patterson, CA this a.m. Fingers crossed that they fixed the problem.

Congrats Steve on finding your new Bessie Bus. I'm sure you'll have better luck than us!

Roger

I don't know what to say other than so sorry you've had troubles. Hang in there.

Tina and Jeff

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

Lynn & Roger... SO very sorry about the difficulties you are having! just know that we are thinking of you both, and keeping good thoughts! Tom says to tell you that, though we're not there in bodies, we are there in spirit!

Carol & Steve... CONGRATS on the new rig! Lots of work ahead, but an exciting time! Keeping good thoughts for you both!

Tina & Jeff... glad everything turned out ok and that Deb & Mike were there for you! Seems we've heard that they were there for you another time. Don't we all just love having good friends out there on the road with us :)

Stay safe, and be well! Everyone!

Tom & Dianne Wartman
Class of 2012, and happy members of the Classless Class
2004 Newmar Mountain Aire MH
2005 Chevy Trailblazer

www.tdhomestead.blogspot.com

Dang Roger, sounds like you need the old BessyBus! Were you using the exhaust brake and it just stuck in the on position? Maybe that was causing it to push oil past the rings. hope they can get it sorted out.

Jeff, having a jeep means you get stuck further away from the house?? It was a good thing Mike was nearby. The adventure continues!!

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Darn Bessy Bus #1 was so fance I couldn't park within a block of it with my old stick and tin job. With this new fancy Pancy Bessy Bus I my not even be able to park in the same State. Congrats Steve and Carol, May it bring you many miles of happiness.

THANK YOU! Deb and Mike (Coldsmoke) for helping us tonight. After a day in Canyonlands NP Tina and I were going back to Moab through Shafer Canyon trail. Well about 11 miles from pavement the fuel pump went out. A nice Jeeper gave us a ride out to Deb and Mike's. They took me back up in the dark to fix the Jeep. It took over 45 minutes to go 11 miles on the trail and the trail was 20 miles out of town then back. So dinner is on us, McDonalds, Burger King or Wendy's? LOL. Thanks again.

Tina and Jeff

Jeff I'll bet Mike tried to get you to sign over your bank account to get you back to civilization. But Deb keeps him on the straight and narrow so I'm glad every thing turned out OK. On that dinner you promised him. Conveniently forget your wallet when you go and stick him for paying for it. That's what he would do. LOL ;)

GANG: The clear sky I was hoping for turned out to be waterfront property yesterday evening. It rained hard for about two hours. I had to wade water to get in my truck and take 4 of my cowgirls to dinner out at the Adobe Deli. We even had a little hail mixed in with the rain. It did clear later but I would have had to do the back stroke to get to a place to set up my scope so that didn't happen. Maybe tonight if it dries up enough. For this afternoon I have a couple of pork chops marinating so I'll get the Coleman stove out and cook them up for sandwiches. Yummy.

Edited by IYQ

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Roger

Dang that Aqua Hot cost as much as my stick and tin did and now more trouble on top of that. You better get you a new rabbit's foot that old one ain't working anymore. Stay away from those repair facilities they just are not very good places to camp. I sure hope all your troubles are in your rear view mirror from now on. Maybe you should drive faster and try to out run them.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Roger and Lynn - I am so sorry to read about all the issues you guys are having. Sometimes it just feels like nothing can or does go right. I sure hope they get everything fixed for you.

Carol and Steve - Congrats on the new rig. Looking forward to seeing it when we're all back in AZ. Travel safe.

What would we do without our friends. Sure glad that Mike and Deb were close by to help out. Never a dull moment.

Toni and Doug - safe travels on your journey south. Don't know any places around Santa Fe, so I can't help you out.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

Wow! I hope the aqua hot in this one is more readily accessible. :)

Linda

Edited by sandsys

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

• Toni: We like Cochiti Lake it is about hallfway between Santa Fe and Albq. It's a COE lake and has a nice campground with boondocking sites. It also has nice toilets with showers. Its about 15 mi. S of Santa Fe and a few mi. W. There is a convience store and laundry mat and cheap gas.

LIFE IS GOOD!!!

Freddy

Freddy & Delcie Prather

Echo- Yorkie
2007 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7 Jake Brake #5000 Air Bags
2005 Mobile Suites 36RE3
Full Time Since Oct 1st 2009

Guest coldsmoke

Lee... I tried to get his account but , he said he was broke,, and I believed him.

and now you give him advice on leaving his wallet home,, we guess what im leaving mine home to..(hmm probably end up washing dishes for a night)

all is good, had a great day yesterday with them , sego canyon , indian drawings , and dead horse point, just beautifull area.

mike and deb

Thanks again guys for all of your support. Debated even posting our latest woes as I'm beginning to sound like a broken record. Made it to Patterson, CA yesterday but, it sure was a nervous ride! Been towed twice and Lynn says that if it happens again she's ready to get a train ticket to who knows where. LOL

The 2nd motel in Yuba City was much better but, we went to their bar to grab much needed grub and brews and started chatting with a couple young gals. After we left, Lynn told me that she was sure they were "working girls". Man, I didn't pick up on that but, couldn't hear their entire conversation. A foursome would have killed me anyway...ha!

I'm beginning to see a pattern on the problems with the Beav...Most seem to be related to bad electrical connections, etc. due to corrosion? Probably because the rig spent it's life in wet Florida. Another reason to stay in the dry West!

Looking at the SKP park near Coarsegold, CA after the Hydro replacement. Need to sit for a week or two and catch our breath.

Roger & Lynn Rempe

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" -- Mark Twain (Innocents Abroad)

Thanks again guys for all of your support. Debated even posting our latest woes as I'm beginning to sound like a broken record. Made it to Patterson, CA yesterday but, it sure was a nervous ride! Been towed twice and Lynn says that if it happens again she's ready to get a train ticket to who knows where. LOL

The 2nd motel in Yuba City was much better but, we went to their bar to grab much needed grub and brews and started chatting with a couple young gals. After we left, Lynn told me that she was sure they were "working girls". Man, I didn't pick up on that but, couldn't hear their entire conversation. A foursome would have killed me anyway...ha!

I'm beginning to see a pattern on the problems with the Beav...Most seem to be related to bad electrical connections, etc. due to corrosion? Probably because the rig spent it's life in wet Florida. Another reason to stay in the dry West!

Looking at the SKP park near Coarsegold, CA after the Hydro replacement. Need to sit for a week or two and catch our breath.

Park Sierra, the SKP park near Coarsegold is the very best place for you to rest and recuperate.

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png

Finally, starry skies. The new (replacement) Star Sense AutoAlign booted up and worked like a charm. I still need to tweek the alignment of the camera to the scope so that viewed objects are closer to the center of the field of view but I can do that any time. I stayed out playing with it until after midnight last night. Now all I do to align the scope to the sky if turn it on, enter the time and date and press the enter button. It slews the scope around taking pictures of several areas in the sky then says alignment complete, ready to use. Then I select what I want to look at from the database and it slews to it automatically. Can't get much easier than that. Now if I can just find an apparatus to make and pour coffee for me I got it made. Maybe I can use a spare cowgirl for that.

Mike: I sure wish I was out there in that southeast corner of Utah with you guys. I love that area. Except I'm not too crazy about the ice on the windshield every morning at this time of year. I usually use Fruita campground in Capitol Reef as a home base while in that area. I love fighting off the deer while picking pears and apples while there.

Steve, I'll be going into town for more cackle berries in a couple of days. Are you going to buy another motor home?

Guest coldsmoke

lee you might as well come join us, next stop zion area, then vegas,, I could use your wallet in vegas

stars at night here are unbelievable.

mike and debght

ps no ice so far still in the70s day 40s ni

Edited by coldsmoke

Sorry to hear of all your troubles but quit being a FL hater. LOL!

I feel your pain. Every "new" RV or boat I ever had required a couple years of sorting out to get everything squared away. The more features it has, the more opportunities for sorting there are. Hang in there. It'll pass.

Safe travels,
roadhousecharley
Class of 13
SKP#115320
'92 Monaco Crown Royal Signature
'02 Jeep Wrangler
'03 Honda CBR1100XX Super Blackbird
24' Leonard Enclosed V-nose, Dual Ramp trailer

15433597052_970b68fe6d.jpg

We are only an hour and a half from Patterson, down here in Fresno so send us a note if we can help with anything.

dozer2003 at gmail.com

Sue

PS Toni, glad all seems to be working. Just make sure the light doesn't blink and the oil doesn't smell burnt :)

Sue and Paul- fulltimed 2009 -2015 with Dozer, our Gray Tuxedo cat

2012 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB4 pulled by a 2020 F350 Platinum

Our "vacation home" : 2018 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper

RIP Dozey

http://soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com/

We are only an hour and a half from Patterson, down here in Fresno so send us a note if we can help with anything.

dozer2003 at gmail.com

Sue

PS Toni, glad all seems to be working. Just make sure the light doesn't blink and the oil doesn't smell burnt :)

Thanks for the offer Sue...this group sure looks after it's own!

Steve, I saw that you'd returned my call yesterday and will give you a ring when we get settled in later today at Pasa Robles. Have read a lot of good things about ya from Lee's posts and looking forward to talking to you! :D

Thanks for the buck up call Jeff. We're so bummed that we won't be able to do the Baja trip with you and Tina due to recent circumstances. Maybe after we get that camp host job and recoup on the "budget"! :unsure:

Roger

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Steve, I saw that you'd returned my call yesterday and will give you a ring when we get settled in later today at Pasa Robles. Have read a lot of good things about ya from Lee's posts and looking forward to talking to you! :D

Roger

Oh my, did I say something nice about Steve. I must have had too much cranberry juice or maybe I've grown senile. My reputation has been ruined for ever. (He has to be a great guy to put up with all my harassment.) LOL ;)

We had about a 30 MPH wind yesterday. It blew down a dead 25 foot Agave in the garden next to my trailer. Fortunately the soil was still a little damp from the rain last Friday so we didn't get much dust. It also broke the strap on my window awning so I have a sewing job to do today. I took my Harem out to dinner last night hoping I'd get some volunteers to patch the strap for me. It didn't work. I guess I'll have to take a different bunch out tonight and try again.