The Class-less Class

Sandie & Jim

We were homeless last night. Had the rv in a shop for repairs and had to stay somewhere else. The cabin was smaller than the rv but nice. The furkids weren't too sure about the new place. Got our home back this afternoon. Sure good to be home again.

Yesterday we also took Megan (the big dog) in for dental. She got a cleaning and a couple of teeth pulled. She's feeling much better.

Think I'll sleep tonight.

Jeff

Weird sleepin' in a strange bed ain't it?! :ph34r:

Roger

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Class of 2012 & "Class-less"!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" -- Mark Twain (Innocents Abroad)

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We moved up to Carol's cousin's house in Prescott yesterday. We are parked at the elks club overlooking a valley, nice view. Fought the wind all day yesterday and needed some cranberry juice when we finally got here. :rolleyes: it's a lot cooler up here compared to Tucson, but at least the big bad wolf seems to have gone somewhere else today. They have 12 FUH sites here, but they forgot to tell us that there was a private party going on and they were all full! At least there is a nice dry camping spot here so it's fine. Glad I filled up with water before we left Tucson, you never know! B)

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Up here in the PNW, or at least my lil portion of it, the Weather Guessers were WRONG again yesterday. Predicted 70% chance of rain, what we got was beautiful SUNSHINE. So I took off, picked up a friend and away we went to put a few holes in paper at the indoor shooting range. :D When I got back to the Resort I found there was a newcomer, Toni and Doug had shown up. :) So Doug and I proceeded to sit out on the deck and talk about everyone for a while. Then Toni joined us and we talked about everyone some more. Toni served up home made Pizza with Ceasar Salad and for desert was Pecan Pie. :o Oh and we talked about you all some more over dinner. So that's my story and I'm sticking to it. :ph34r:

Joe

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

Has anyone drive Rt 2 across Washington State? We are starting to think of routes toward Spokane and on into Idaho for June. Trying to drive red roads instead of freeways all the time. We will be slowly making our way into Montana, Wyoming and South Dakota for the summer.

Found this description and it's really pretty good at describing it.

Marias Pass where US 2 goes over the continental divide is one of the least steep of the divide crossings, but it is a little windy on the west side. Grade-wise its no problem-- there's a reason why the major transcontinental rail link goes through there. Taking US2 through northwest Montana and Idaho actually avoids two major passes that you would take on I-90, but it is also somewhat windier and because it meanders far to the north in the panhandle it's actually quite a bit longer. Another option is once you're to Kalispell, to cut down on US93 to Montana 200 which is another two lane that also gets you to Spokane with no major passes, but more directly.

As for the Cascade passes, Snoqualmie Pass that I-90 goes over has been extensively regraded including a massive causeway-- it is definitely the easier pass than Stevens Pass that US2 uses. US2 intersects and runs with I-90 through Spokane, so I'd definitely recommend taking I-90 from there (or you can take highway 2 to the town of Davenport and cut down on WA-28 and back to I-90 if you want the maximum two-lane driving but still want to take the good pass).

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

Has anyone drive Rt 2 across Washington State? We are starting to think of routes toward Spokane and on into Idaho for June. Trying to drive red roads instead of freeways all the time. We will be slowly making our way into Montana, Wyoming and South Dakota for the summer.

And, across Washington from the Mountain West book --- Stevens Pass elv 4061'

The westbound descent of Stevens Pass is about 6 1/2 miles of 5-6% grade with 40 mph curves. The first 4 1/2 miles down from the summit are four lane. It then turns to three lane and then two lane. The eastbound descent is 3-4 miles of 5-6% grade. The road changes from four lane to two lane six miles down from the summit.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

Thanks all for the help. Looks like we will be taking 90 from Seattle all the way to Montana. Our designation first will be an RPI park in White Sulpher Springs. Sandie, how far is that from Helena?

Doesn't look to far on the map. When will you and Jim be in Montana? We are looking at the end of June into first week in July. Of course this is written in chalk. Can't make any reservations until 30 days out.

Linda and Ed Lavin
lavinmh@yahoo.com

Thanks all for the help. Looks like we will be taking 90 from Seattle all the way to Montana. Our designation first will be an RPI park in White Sulpher Springs. Sandie, how far is that from Helena?

Doesn't look to far on the map. When will you and Jim be in Montana? We are looking at the end of June into first week in July. Of course this is written in chalk. Can't make any reservations until 30 days out.

White Sulphur is about 75 miles from Helena. We should be in Helena around the middle of June. Jim loves to fish down at Canyon Ferry which is just a little bit north of Townsend.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

I had a big travel day today. I pulled out of space 32 and drove all the way to space 12 on the southeast corner of the park. Man that's almost 300 yards. I got so tired I just had to take a Steve for the rest of the afternoon. Space 12 sits by it's self between two cactus gardens, I even have a private drive that circles around one of the gardens and through my space. I really enjoy being able to look out my windows on both sides of my trailer and not see the side of another rig. It's a little farther from my shop but I can always drive the truck over there if I'm too lazy to walk. It's also right at the start of the back 40 walking path. I won't have to walk on the loose gravel when I take my morning walk. You see it does pay to take the President out to dinner every once in a while.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

I spent most of the day taking a good looking cowgirl up to City of Rocks State Park. When I got back I found that the maintenance guy had been working on extending my sewer connection and had run into trouble. He found the line he was supposed to extend was already at surface level and it's down hill to where he is supposed to extend it to. So he went back to the shop and built a wood trough to support the pipe above ground level. By the time he gets to my sewer connection he'll be just verily below it. I'll have to make a short extension out of wire fencing that hooks to my sewer connection to support my hose. Oh well where there is a will there is a way.

The big bad wolf is still out there huffing and puffing and the weather provericator is saying he'll be around for at least the next 4 days.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Ah, the forum is up.

We are now living in the lap of luxury. A nice little car full of gas. Giant television with all services, dishwasher, fancy fancy washer and dryer, now if we could just figure out how to get up off the couch that is about 8 inches off the floor.

House/dog/teenagers sitting for 10 days in the city of Vancouver. I think we will survive 10 days of vegetarianism.

Edited by palamine

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

We modified our couch to be several inches taller by making spacers that went between the floor and the couch legs. The extra space created under it we turned into storage space.

First rule of computer consulting:

Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day.

Sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

Everything is going through the ceiling for sure. We just got a notice from Millenicom WiFi that they are increasing prices beginning the first of May to $89.99 for 20 GB! It might be time to look around for another hook-up to Verizon for our WiFi. We have tethering from AT&T on our phone but it's nice having two options. Anyone have a good no contract option with Verizon? We really don't need it 12 months out of the year but maybe just when the AT&T is bad. :(

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

Everything is going through the ceiling for sure. We just got a notice from Millenicom WiFi that they are increasing prices beginning the first of May to $89.99 for 20 GB! It might be time to look around for another hook-up to Verizon for our WiFi. We have tethering from AT&T on our phone but it's nice having two options. Anyone have a good no contract option with Verizon? We really don't need it 12 months out of the year but maybe just when the AT&T is bad. :(

Our very dear friends bought us Verizon as a gift. It's super reliable but so expensive. Nothing for less than $60.00 for a 3 GB's and they expire in a month. If everything goes well the service is excellent but have anything go wrong and their is no service. Sorry friends, we won't be using it again next year.

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png

The maintenance guy came this morning to work on my sewer connection extension. He un loaded all his tools and dug around the existing pipe for about 10 minutes then said he had to go get a part. I had pulled the slide in so he could run the new pipe under it. I can't get to the bath room while the slide is in because of my secretary chair filling the space between my table and the frig. About four o'clock I gave up and put the slide back out and laid down to grab a short Steve. I no more than dozed off when I heard his tractor coming so that was the end of the nap. He worked about five minutes and said he had to go get another fitting. He was gone an hour. He finally got it all put together about 6pm then left again saying he would be back in the morning to fill in the ditch. He should be mighty glad I'm not the one paying him because I'd tell him I had to go get the money then not show up for about a month. Oh we'll win some loose some.

Well I now have a sewer connection but boy did I get tired today working on a contraption to hold my sewer hose up and make it so I don't have to worry about being exactly in the same spot if I leave and come back again. The wind sure wasn't about to cooperate with me working outside today. There was so much dust in the air one couldn't see let alone breath. ( 30 MPH with gust to 50 MPH.) I hope that big bad wolf catches COPD.

I think the big bad wolf was running next to me all day Tuesday. He followed us all the way from Prescott to Gallup, then took a break and continued to follow us to Amarillo!! Finally he must have remembered he was supposed to be bothering IYQ, and we didn't see him from Amarillo to Norman Oklahoma. He did send a tornado watch ahead of him to greet us when we got here though. :rolleyes: BessyBus did a good job of getting us here, but the wind was sure banging us from the south. Now she can have a rest for a couple of months. We had to get here for our son's wedding on the 12th (must be things that need paying for), and then helping him get resettled in Colorado. Don't know how long we'll be here, but at least we managed to get a monthly FHU site at the fairgrounds, so that was a relief. 82 degrees today and all the red bud trees are blooming. Going to a OKC Thunder basketball game tonight. Woo Hoo!! Steve

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

No wonder the wind has been blowing so hard here. Bessy Bus just flew by. I think Steve was trying to take as much wind as possible back to OK with him so they would be sure to have enough for all those tornadoes this spring and summer. Maybe it will calm down now that he got past us.

I took my laundry to a new launderette today and what do you know they actually put my pants on hangers folded along the crease instead of folded flat like ladies fold theirs. Of course the things that they did fold I had to re-fold to get them into my drawers. I have one of those travel sacks with the long double sheet that fastens in with velcro. They folded it along the length of the two sheets. Being about 15 feet long it sure made it hard to get open and zipped into the travel sack.

This place is beginning to clear out with members heading north into that white stuff. I'm going to hang around till the heat runs me out. I just don't want any part of that slipping and sliding around while pulling my rig. I do well up to 100 degrees. But, after that I'll be climbing a mountain too. Play nice don't fight.

Sunday is always dead around here. This morning one of the cowgirls ask me to help her make a hobo toaster. So, we sat over in the shop with the doors open to let in the warm sunshine and chatted while we drilled holes in a metal container and made a wire grill fot the top of it. Then forgetting it was Sunday I made a trip to town to get an oil change for the truck. That flew over like a concrete cloud. Oh well, it gives me something to do tomorrow.

The weather is turning up here in the PNW. Supposed to be 65 here today. So of course i have to WORK. :ph34r:

Joe

Just thought I'd throw that 4 letter word out there to get yo'alls Blood Pressure back up to normal :P

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

We've just come back from the doctor. Our blood pressure is good. We have a viral infection that is exacerbating our arthritis. He told us to get out of town. Too damp here. 12 days until we go to Merritt where it may still be colder but it's drier.

We are being tested for Valley Fever just for peace of mind.

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png

I took the truck in for an oil change today. After three hours of waiting for it I was charged for rotating the tires which I had told the service guy to skip. When I checked the air pressure I found two wheels on one side with 70 lbs of air and the two on the other side with 65 lbs of air. That tells me they didn't rotate them properly and that they don't check the air pressure after they do what ever rotating they did. I think this will be the last time that truck goes into a Chevy dealer. I trust independent garages one heck of a lot more than I do dealers. It ended up costing $108.00 for an oil change and filter. I bet it wouldn't cost more than 60 at my favorite garage. The diesel does take a lot more oil than a gasser but 108 bucks is robbery. Well now that I got my gripe for the day off my chest I'll sleep a lot better tonight. Maybe I should take a little medicinal cranberry juice just in case.

If you don't trust them to rotate the tires properly you can chalk them with RF, LF, RR, and RF in big letters and then check where they go back. I've taken to putting in a special instruction when I go into our Toyota dealer: Verify correct tire pressure with customer before releasing vehicle. Makes them grumpy but since they fouled up the pressures a couple times in a row I decided to check them myself in their nice shady delivery bay and before driving home and getting them hot.

First rule of computer consulting:

Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day.

Sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.