The Class-less Class

Sandie & Jim

And to top it all off Roger, we'll even knock on your door If we get close enough! :ph34r:

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And to top it all off Roger, we'll even knock on your door If we get close enough! :ph34r:

I'll keep the cranberry juice ready Steve...Better yet, bring Lee with ya...It would be hilarious to sit and listen to the two of you go at it around a campfire! :P

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Class of 2012 & "Class-less"!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" -- Mark Twain (Innocents Abroad)

Still waiting for news about my truck. I got an email this morning thanking me for selecting a repair facility. I didn't. I was told by the appraisor/adjuster that the vehicle had to be moved to a repair facility so they can figure out what all the damage is. Oh Well, I don't know one repair place from another and if it's repairable which I really don't think so I think I'll try to get rid of it anyway and buy the new Truck I mentioned yesterday. I just wish I had a way of taking care of this problem from elsewhere so I can continue my journey back to my old homestead. Anyone want to buy a truck cheap. LOL I think I'll ask the dealer I'm working with if they have a consignment program for selling vehicles.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

I'll keep the cranberry juice ready Steve...Better yet, bring Lee with ya...It would be hilarious to sit and listen to the two of you go at it around a campfire! :P

You're "ON", Roger, we'll track you down!!!

"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
08 Dodge Dakota toad

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

You're "ON", Roger, we'll track you down!!!

Hope so...looking forward to meeting you and others from the "Classless Clan" soon. Heading out of Denver area tomorrow for a 850 mile two day run to the old homestead in Moline, IL. Visit friends, docs and get rid of that storage facility stuff (anybody need a bed, dining table, etc.)? Our year long "trial run" is over and thanks mostly to meeting this group it's a slam dunk that this is the life for us!

We're planning on heading East after that and see what we ain't seen out there. Steve, where are you headed next? Any plans for out East?!

Roger & Lynn Rempe

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" -- Mark Twain (Innocents Abroad)

Hope so...looking forward to meeting you and others from the "Classless Clan" soon. Heading out of Denver area tomorrow for a 850 mile two day run to the old homestead in Moline, IL. Visit friends, docs and get rid of that storage facility stuff (anybody need a bed, dining table, etc.)? Our year long "trial run" is over and thanks mostly to meeting this group it's a slam dunk that this is the life for us!

We're planning on heading East after that and see what we ain't seen out there. Steve, where are you headed next? Any plans for out East?!

Aw, thanks you guys. We are happy that we made it a slam dunk!

You will love Steve and Carol. Have fun.

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

Well, Roger, we made a pretty good run at the east coast last year. We entered Canada at Sault Sainte Marie and worked our way east to a point East of Quebec City. It was either learn French or leave, so we headed down to Vermont for a month. After that we continued south through New Hampshire and wound up in New York City, where Carol worked for a couple of years. From there we went to Dover Delaware, where I was stationed in the 60's in the Air Force. After that we headed to Washington DC. At that point hurricane "Sandy" was heading up the East coast, so we went a little inland in North Carolina and ducked around her. Then we headed for Huntington Beach and met up with Paul and Mardi, whom we had met in "Q", and spent a week with their FMCA group. Then on to Charleston for a look see, and inland to Atlanta to meet up with my cousin for thanksgiving. Then we spent a month at the Tiffin factory in Red Bay Alabama getting a few upgrades and a little warranty work done on BessyBus. After that we headed for Mexico Beach, Florida to meet up with another of our little group (MJ Finley) for New Years. We finished out the winter in Tampa, before heading to New Orleans to see Carol's nephew before we headed back to Oklahoma (didn't want to miss tornado season)! So I guess you could say we "wore out our welcome" in the east last year. We are here in Oklahoma catching up on our doctor visits and also spending time with our son who still lives here. Dang, now I'm tired!! My only advice regarding travel in the east is (WATCH OUT FOR LOW BRIDGES). They tend to have quite a few sprinkled around. We had a great time, and will go back there someday.

This year we are heading West! First to Denver area to see my nieces new baby, then to the Monument valley, Moab area which we have never been in before, then???????????? Well Roger, that's the short version. We'll have to crack open the cranberry juice by the campfire to drag the long version out of me. Ha Ha. Happy travels Steve

"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
08 Dodge Dakota toad

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

How tall is your rig Roger?? Maybe you won't have as many run in's (did I really say it that way!!!) with low bridges.

Dave & Diane

2020 New Horizon Majestic  5th wheel

2018 Ram 5500

2014 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH (SOLD)
2012 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited (SOLD)

http://daveanddiane.wordpress.com/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWqRmO1rO4cu3rFANF1iG6Q

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10752;80/st/20120701/e/Went+fulltime/dt/-2/k/271f/event.png

Seems as though there were a lot of (11' 1") bridges for some reason. Maybe the covered wagons were that tall. Hmmmmmmm We are just shy of 13', so any time we didn't see any 18 wheelers for a while we started to get a little nervous.

"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
08 Dodge Dakota toad

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

I hear ya,, I think we are 12' 7". If I see a 13' I'm going to second guessing LOL!!

Dave & Diane

2018 Ram 5500

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10752;80/st/20120701/e/Went+fulltime/dt/-2/k/271f/event.png

Roger also be very wary of SUV's coming down the off ramp when you're starting up the on ramp.

Well, the other shoe dropped today. The appraiser from the repair place called and the repairs will come to a little over $15K. The insurance company gave them the OK to start the repair work. He said it will take a minimum of 3 weeks to get all the parts and get it back on the road. Ouch! If the minimum is 3 weeks my guess would be closer to six weeks. By that time I will have paid about $3K for this rental car. That Truck in normal wear and tear is only worth about $25K and having been wrecked I doubt if I can get more than $20K for it. Sooooooooo. Tomorrow I'll look at the posibility of some place that will take my old truck on consignment. Then go ahead and buy the New truck and finish my journey back to NC. Get my business done with the bank and doctor then go spend a couple of days withs my nieces in SC. Then I'll wait until they call and tell me the old truck is done and come back here and try to get rid of it somehow. Maybe if I keep trying to turn that corner going onto the On RAMP some SUV will finish it off. LOL. This will be the most expensive trip I've ever made. But don't get me wrong, I thank GOD I have the where-with-all to deal with it. In that respect I consider myself very luck. Imagine if that had been a Single women RV'er traveling alone and subsiding from retirement check to retirement check. The thought almost brings tears to your eyes. But smile everyone, don't mess up your mascara.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

I hear ya,, I think we are 12' 7". If I see a 13' I'm going to second guessing LOL!!

Dave: watch out for tunnels too. I took my truck out without the trailer to sight see in Custer state park in SD. I came upon a tunnel that I had to fold both mirrors in and then I only had about an inch on either side of the truck. and about 4 inches on the top side. I went very slow, like a foot at a time then check both side for clearance then go another foot, etc. was I glad to see the other side of that tunnel.

Where in the East are you headed, any idea? We arrive in the Boston area tomorrow for a month, then NH and ME before heading up to Canada.

Sue and Paul- fulltimed 2009 -2015 with Dozer, our Gray Tuxedo cat

2012 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB4 pulled by a 2020 F350 Platinum

Our "vacation home" : 2018 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper

RIP Dozey

http://soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com/

Lee - Jim said to ask the guy you're dealing with on the new truck if they would take the old truck. He says if they want to sell that new truck to you they'll work with you anyway they can. Maybe won't work but it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

Lee - Jim said to ask the guy you're dealing with on the new truck if they would take the old truck. He says if they want to sell that new truck to you they'll work with you anyway they can. Maybe won't work but it wouldn't hurt to ask.

SANDIE & JIM: Yes I talked to the saleman on his cell phone at his home. He is going to check and see if they can take the old truck in as a trade in and take possession from the repair place when they get it repaired. If that don't work I'll stop here when its done and put it on consignment.

Spent yesterday saying our goodbyes and as soon as the sun rises a bit we'll soon do battle with those poor slobs on their way to work in Denver...Lee, I'm definitely gonna watch those ramps!

Steve, that's an interesting itinerary...might follow some of that route when we head that way end of June. One of our first stops will be to at the Airstream factory in Ohio for a wheel pack, tour and a little repair work on our rear roof. Apparently, 9'7" is still a little too tall to fit under a covered picnic table...oops. Happened back in AZ. DW was spotting the back-in for the electric post and both of us didn't notice that the ramada had moved forward. :unsure: It appeared that this bugger had "hit" other rigs several times. $3700 lesson learned for us! Didn't turn it in to insurance as we didn't want to add another claim after our incident last Summer in OR. Other RV swiped our rig ($13K worth) but because cop didn't write ticket the insurance companies determined no fault for him...witnesses said otherwise. :angry: Gotta go...850 miles in next two daze!

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Copy on the tunnel width. I also pay a lot more attention to the sides of those darn bridges. A entrance to a narrow bridge should never be on a curve!! Especially if you have a chance of meeting a log truck on them. Don't ask why I feel this way.

Dave & Diane

2018 Ram 5500

Hello out there:-) Glyn and I left Toledo last Thursday and got all the way to a dog potty stop east of Grand Island, NE before he noticed some moisture on the radiator hose. It was not leaking......until he touched it. So, after drinking a soda so he could use the can and some of my special zebra duct tape for a temporary repair we went to the International dealer in Grand Island where we spent the next couple of hours in their parking lot so Glyn could instal a new hose. They were booked til Monday and this was only Friday. Unlike IYQ we had an option to fix ourselves. The rest of our trip to Wyoming was uneventful!!!!! Yea. We did stop to visit the bridge Over Interstate 80' in Kearney, NE. It was a very nice stop as the museum is actually inside the bridge over the highway. Stop and see us if you get our way, boondock with good water, dump, and trash....Huuuumm sounds familiar, Can't wait for January to get here and share campfires with everyone again in Q.

event.png

Glyn (KL0PG) & Diane Carson
2002 I-H 4400 Papa's Dream (Mama's Nightmare)
2015 Space Craft V400
Furkid Max

email: dlcarsonak@hotmail.com

Well I ordered the new Chevy and the dealer took the Ford in as a trade in but didn't pay very much. I'll get the check that would have gone to the repair facility so it's not a total lost. They'll have the new truck in tomorrow but can't get the hard folding tonneau until Thursday but will install it the second it comes in. The bank will send them an overnight Cashiers check for the total price. The insurace company will send the check for the estimated repair cost to my SD address and if I'm real lucky I'll be underway again Friday morning after turning in the rental car. The dealer would loan me a car but it wouldn't do me any good. I have to transfer the stuff I've got stored in the rental car to the new truck and I can't do that until the Tonneau is installed. The car dealer has been very good and has saved me as much as he could but my insurance company has been sticking it to me every chance they get because they know I'm stranded and have to accept just about anything they throw at me in order to get going again. I'll deal with them later. My bank has be very good helping in every way they could over the phone. It pays to be able to call the president and VP by their first names. So let us all pray that this is about over and none of our group will ever have to go through this again. I think this is the forth time one of the group has had some goofball crash into there rig and spoil a lot of happy full timing.

Thanks for the update Lee. Sounds like you've got the situation in hand. I think you'll like the new truck, but did you order the "cowgirl option" with it? You may have to spray some Teflon on the side of it to keep them from sticking!!! steve

"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
08 Dodge Dakota toad

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Thanks for the update Lee. Sounds like you've got the situation in hand. I think you'll like the new truck, but did you order the "cowgirl option" with it? You may have to spray some Teflon on the side of it to keep them from sticking!!! steve

Right now I'd be willing to fill all those seats in the Crew cab with cowgirls and take them all to Dinner. It's better than anything I've seen in the last couple of weeks. After that I'll spray the seats with Silicone. That will make em slippery enough so the cowgirls will slide off. See you all from a different campground soon, I hope.

2:30 and awake at Lincoln NE Walmart...can't sleep from street sweeper. May as well get up put coffee on and head out after this. Maybe I'll have Rooster set up in new home by 9:00 a.m.? Beat the rush hour traffic anyway. Anybody pull a trailer with the wife still sleeping in the back?!

Lee, glad to hear that you'll be up a running soon too!

Roger

Roger & Lynn Rempe

2:30 and awake at Lincoln NE Walmart...can't sleep from street sweeper. May as well get up put coffee on and head out after this. Maybe I'll have Rooster set up in new home by 9:00 a.m.? Beat the rush hour traffic anyway. Anybody pull a trailer with the wife still sleeping in the back?!

Lee, glad to hear that you'll be up a running soon too!

Roger

LOL!!! Got to love those way early morning wake ups.

Dave & Diane

2018 Ram 5500

You're ok Roger unless she wakes up and walks out the door. Then you're in trouble!!

"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
08 Dodge Dakota toad

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Lee - Did you ever check to see if the other fella's insurance company would pick up your rental? When the Class C rear ended me in Las Vegas (2011 ??) we had a rental for close to 3 weeks and it was all paid for. We didn't put out a dime. I can't believe you'd have to pick up your own rental vehicle.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net