Classes of 2008 and 2009

Returned yesterday to Spiker's RV Resort on soggy Whidbey Island. Our trip started out on a sour note when one of the slides on my neighbors Motor Home wouldn't quite go all the way in. Seem to have blown a hydraulic line. Had off and on rain from Pacific Beach to Hwy 101, then we had clear skies and sunshine for the drive up along the Hood Canal. Ended the day with very light rain for the drive from the Ferry to Home. A whole 10 miles. :lol:

Steve and Sandy, we will have to get together sometime soon since you now here in OH.

Joe

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We're hunkered down near OH/MI border -- finishing up Mom's affairs/accounts, getting ready to head south/west.

Jeri --- what Elks lodge, Pismo?!? (That's the only one I know is a "long" walking block to the beach.) Hope all's well!

-Don

p.s. Hey Ms. Kay -- we, too, had a blow-out with PressurePro alert (en route from NYC to OH for Mom's last day), replaced the tire, submitted old one to PDCT@goodyear.com, they reimbursed us the full $500.xx for the new G114!

This seems to be the year of the tires and having blow outs. We certainly hope we have seen our last of that since we had two just heading south!

Don - It's called Oceano Elks but is right at the Pismo Beach. It would have been a nice park had we not been packed in like sardines. Roadways were blocked, slides nearly touched each other from one to the other. We've been in some packed in places before but that was the worst by far. We couldn't even get turned around to use the dump it was so packed. One night a motorhome even parked in the exit in front of it.

Anyone spent any time in and around the little town of Borrego Springs?

Edited by Wanderin'

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

From Don F

Steve (and Yoda) -- where in OH r u?!? We're heading to Edon when the storms lighten up (maybe Wed), getting wheels replaced (under warranty, due to clear coat peeling off)... then, onward to Elkhart for a few RV shop "treats" (BigFoot visit, slide-out service, Mor/Ryde visit), and Chicago to get a new muffler on the smart car.

Don...We are about as far North West as you can get in Washington. We are in Oak Harbor, Washington on Whidbey Island. We have a house on the west side of town & at nite can see the lights of Vancouver Island & the city of Victoria, Canada. B)

Joe Spiker also has a home base here not far from us.

Sounds like you have a busy month. Travel Safe...Yoda is looking forward to seeing you again @ Q... & us too. :)

Joe...If your out driving on West Beach give us a call. 2063009193 The MH is @ my brothers but we are spending some time @ the house.

Edited by steve & sandy

Steve & Sandy

Papillon's Yoda & Ruby

2008 Phaeton 40QDH DP

http://allgire-travels.blogspot.com

We drove over there from the SKP park in Aguanga (Jojoba Hills) one day its in a valley not a whole lot there. Visited the state park visitor center, had an ice cream from the grocery store and then went back to Jojoba Hills. There was state park camping and a couple of rv parks.

Our Texas weather change last Thursday night. Went from mid 80's to only 60 on Friday with a north wind. Its been warming each day since but was 40 degrees this morning.

Went drag racing this past weekend and was real chilly Friday and Saturday. I made 12 runs in the car but only one was real good. Didn't win anything but it was alot of fun getting the car out again and playing at the race track again. Be safe everyone. Later. :)

Jeff

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

DonF. I have a Wilson amplifier and Trucker Antenna but they are not much good here. The signal just comes and goes with no rhyme or reason. It just drops off the internet and all you have is the signal from you own MYFi. This is a very low population area and they just don't give us much bandwidth. Somedays it good, somedays you can't even get on in the first place.

About all I did today was hookup and go to the dump. So now I'm all set for another 2 1/2 to 3 Weeks. Now that all the work of getting the Slab Lows all set up for the winter is over, Maybe I can get some carving done. Does anyone have a cattle prod that I can use to get myself going with.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Jeff is right about the town. It is a pretty place and the Iron statues of animals is worth seeing but What I think you are more interested in is the 4 wheeler parks. There is a state off road area at the east edge of the area off Hwy S22 and a couple on the south side near the park boundry off Hwy S3. The ones on the south could be on the shortcut to Ocotillo Wells or on Hwy 78 before you get to the shortcut. My old brain is fuzzy on that one. The parks are like BLM's will no services at all. The state park in town has full service for $25 a day. But I don't think the State Park allows off road vehicles. That's another fuzzy.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

This thing ate my post and now it expects me to re-enter it. I got news for it. See Y'all tomorrow, Maybe.

Well, we are back in Va. Beach until the Mon. after Thanksgiving. We ran from Sandy and had no rain where we were. But the beach looks like there wasn't even a storm! Not much debris on the beach either. But I do feel so bad for those in the NY and MD areas.

Carol

The Simpsons

Fulltimers from Va. Beach, VA

2008 37' Hitchhiker, 2008 Dodge Ram 3500

blog: cas32.blogspot.com

My heart breaks for all those people and animals affected by the storm in NY and NJ. We are grateful our friends and family in VA were spared most of the wrath.

Jim had all his pre-op stuff this morning. Now he has to wear his cute little hospital bracelet until after his surgery on Tuesday.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

My heart breaks for all those people and animals affected by the storm in NY and NJ. We are grateful our friends and family in VA were spared most of the wrath.

Jim had all his pre-op stuff this morning. Now he has to wear his cute little hospital bracelet until after his surgery on Tuesday.

YAAAAAAA Jim, bet that lil Bracelet looks cool. :lol: Seriously though, GOOD LUCK.

On another note, I just tonight got word that Marguerite and all her family on Long Island are ok and doing as good as can be expected. No injuries, no damages, just some unwanted circumstances. Also the friends I have in New Jersey are well and having no problems. Life is good.

Joe

Joe

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

Jim: Good Luck on Tuesday. And Yes, You Look Good wearing that bracelet.

Read this post fast because I'm typing it fast so that I can get it sent before Verizon takes me off line. Oops, Verizon just took me off line. Oh well I'll go through the copy and paste routine. About all I did today was carve a Name sign for the dog that died yesterday. The Girls had it Creamated and are going to hold a service for it at the pet cemetary here at the slabs. I wouldn't go to all that expense and work myself for a stray dog but I guess Girls are different. So I'll play their game. The two that are doing all this are pet owners so I guess it touches them a little closer than it does me. I'd like to hold a funeral for the person who gave the dog rat poison.

Hey Jim - We'll be thinking of you on Tuesday morning. Good luck. Soon you will be as good as new. Maybe better.

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

I'd like to hold a funeral for the person who gave the dog rat poison.

I'd like to help you. I really hate people who mistreat animals.

We're thinking we'll be close to landing around Mesa before Jim goes in. Either way ... we'll certainly be glad when he gets this stuff behind him.

We found a couple great BLM areas on the river close to Parker. Of course, they aren't free. One even has hookups and they accept the Federal Park discount. Pretty neat places. :D

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

Thanks, all for the (ahem, corrected) updates!

Thoughts & prayers for Jim next Tues.

BLM's with hook-ups near Parker --- Hmmm, good to know (hadn't heard of them before)!

Landed in Elkhart, got thru four "episodes" of RV tweaks (scraping the slide-out rams, new end-panel for the new sofa, new limit switch on one of the "Big Foot" corners, inspection/eval of MCD shade issues at Bradd & Hall). Next stop, Chicago,,, hoping our smart's new exhaust package arrives so we can get outta the north country before frozen tundra sets in.

-Don

Don & Fannie

2005 Volvo 670, 12sp FreedomLine, "Black Dude", 3.36 axle, Szmyt Wonder-Bed Smart loader,

ET hitch, Jackalopee (original-prototype), BLUE-DOT air-over-hydraulic brake system,

2007 New Horizons F35RLSSS-C (Mor/Ryde-IS, Kodiak disc brakes, 17.5 H tires),

2005 smart fortwo passion

Finally got "all the ducks in a row" and will be heading SOUTH tomorrow (Saturday). It will be good to be back on the road in our new rig. Even better to get out of this cold and rainy Ohio weather.

Safe travels everyone :D

Paul

Paul & Marsha Weaver
Bella our cat
2008 Carriage Cameo 35' SB3
2010 Ford F350 DRW
Blog: http://wheresweaver.blogspot.com
SKP# 102686

Thanks, all for the (ahem, corrected) updates!

Thoughts & prayers for Jim next Tues.

BLM's with hook-ups near Parker --- Hmmm, good to know (hadn't heard of them before)!

Landed in Elkhart, got thru four "episodes" of RV tweaks (scraping the slide-out rams, new end-panel for the new sofa, new limit switch on one of the "Big Foot" corners, inspection/eval of MCD shade issues at Bradd & Hall). Next stop, Chicago,,, hoping our smart's new exhaust package arrives so we can get outta the north country before frozen tundra sets in.

-Don

feeling for ya!!! Good luck with all that...we just did our 13 day Elkhart stint in the parking lot at Thor for the "tweeks" and still have to go back. :{ Need to visit the paint factory again and get a section of the coach repainted. Our awning still does not work at all and that's after 3 motors and 3 modules, and a visit and troubleshooting with an Engineer from the awning company - Carefree of Colorado! We will spend some more time there in May. Hopeful to get everything wrapped up then. They do treat us very good when we are there. I do think we get a lot more accomplished at the service department then dealing with separate dealerships for warranty issues. Don't hang too long! We are bound to have winter some time!!!!

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

Hey there guys - you know our good thoughts and special prayers are headed your way for Jim to get right through this surgery and get well fast. Hang in! We will catch up one of these days and have a good visit!

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

This morning when I got up I knew I had all my parts because every darn one of them ached. I've been feeling down all day. My neck has a kink in it that don't seem to want to leave. I wish it was caused by too much necking but that isn't the case. Tonight at Happy hour we had a Grill your own meat and bring something to share night. I made a deal with one of the gals to fix a hamburger for me and bring extra of her share stuff. There is no way I'm going to go out and buy meat when I don't cook in my trailer. The portion I would have left over would only spoil. I don't cook anything that can't be Zapped. And now that I have to watch my salt intake I can't get brats or stuff like that. I'd rather just eat at home and not go to cookouts. I have enough lady friends that I can usually get one of them to fix for me. Well I still have a signal maybe this will go without the copy and paste routine.

We're in "Q". We landed here yesterday but because of the desire to have air conditioning we checked into a local park. Our plan was to head out this morning on our way to Phoenix. We took a detour and headed out to the BLM to visit Barbara (Me and My Dog blog) and Denise (Sassy). Well, now we're parked next them for a day or two or three or four or something like that. However, we seem to have another problem and have an RV mobile person scheduled to stop by tomorrow ... we hope. Problems are getting very, very old with us. :D It's funny though that it's not as hot here with the windows all open and the breeze blowing through as it was in the parks with A/C.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

We're in "Q". We landed here yesterday but because of the desire to have air conditioning we checked into a local park. Our plan was to head out this morning on our way to Phoenix. We took a detour and headed out to the BLM to visit Barbara (Me and My Dog blog) and Denise (Sassy). Well, now we're parked next them for a day or two or three or four or something like that. However, we seem to have another problem and have an RV mobile person scheduled to stop by tomorrow ... we hope. Problems are getting very, very old with us. :D It's funny though that it's not as hot here with the windows all open and the breeze blowing through as it was in the parks with A/C.

Hang on. If I can, I will watch your posts and if you are still there on Monday, we will skip Lake Havasu and come there. We will need co-ordinates.

If I have no internet, I will text you. If I have no phone we will go into a McD's and do one of those.

Maybe Doug can help with your RV problem.

Ohhh that will be so exciting to see you.

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

Hang on. If I can, I will watch your posts and if you are still there on Monday, we will skip Lake Havasu and come there. We will need co-ordinates.

If I have no internet, I will text you. If I have no phone we will go into a McD's and do one of those.

Maybe Doug can help with your RV problem.

Oh No, Toni and Jeri together so early in the season. This can't be good folks. :lol: You all have a GREAT time and try to save a little bit of firewood for the rest of us.

Joe

Joe

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

I did my fair share of "Steving" this morning but feel a lot better than I did yesterday. I went into town early this morning to get a hair cut (actually all of them) Then came back to the Rig and took a Steve. This evening after Happy Hour I took two Cowgirls to the Italian Restaurant in Brawley for a very good dinner. I think I just might make it now. Maybe I can get something done tomorrow.

We'd love to have you come on down. We think we'll be here several more days. However, we forked out more big bucks today and we're thinking those electrical problems may be fixed. That's what we're thinking ..... but come on down. We'll keep our phone handy just in case you get close and we can guide you into the LTVA. However, I have no doubt you know exactly where it is. Barbara and Denise are here too.

If you head to where we were all parked last year from the garbage dumps, you will see us.

Edited by Wanderin'

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

Not much happening up here in the PNW right now. Windy, Cloudy, but it's 60 degrees. Dang crazy weather, I need to take the Lawnmower out of Moth Balls and mow the lawn again. And both my rose bushes are blooming. Slowly getting projects done though, so one day the "Doghouse" may just be able to head south for a bit.

Joe

Joe

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota