Trikes - Harley/Honda/CanAM?

Vegas Teacher

Hello all,

I was going to put this on my insurance question but I thought I would just start a new thread.....

My wife and I are thinking about a motorcycle / Trike. 

Can anybody give me any opinions on the Harley Davidson Trike, Honda Goldwing Trike or the CanAM Spider. Will they fit or meet the weight requirements to get into a toy hauler or not, or are they short enough to fit on the back of the cab? Or how much bed do I need to have space. I am assuming they make them in a two seat configuration.

Any opinions or advice is welcome.

Later,

Vegas Teacher - Cory Ossana

I have hauled my Yamaha FJR and my BMW R1200RT across the back of my truck. My prior Goldwing would have been too long with what ever lift or ramp system. The Can Am's I have seen actually stacked on the back of a truck. Not sure if I can mention where the photos are on here, but send me a pm and I'm sure I can there. 

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

First, some fit, some don't, of each brand. Yes, there's a couple who haul stacked Can-Ams.  Check out "Watts On Wheels"

Second, look at it purely from an engineering perspective.  The Harley and Honda both started out as two wheelers, and are engineered with that frame and geometry.  Handling sucks.  The Can Am is engineered to have two wheels up front, and has suspension like a high performance car.  Center of gravity is much lower, steering is power assist on most models. Power is ample among all three.

In the past hour, we loaded my Moto Guzzi and my wife's Can Am F3-S in the back of our toy hauler.  Plenty of room.  The smart rides on the truck.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net