King Wifi Max

Bruce H

One thing you need to understand about park WiFi is that quite often the issue is not with the signal strength but, rather, it is is with the lack of bandwidth.  An amplifier, such as the King, can amplify a weak signal but NO device can turn an overloaded WiFi system that lacks adequate bandwidth into a well-functioning one.  

One thing you might want to try is to try the WiFi in the middle of the night when the load on the system is less.  If you find that the download speed is significantly better at night then the problem is most likely bandwidth, not signal strength. 

You can also take your laptop over to a location, such as a rec hall, where the signal probably is stronger.  See if the download speed is better there.  If that's the case then you problem may truly be a weak signal.

Joel (AKA docj)

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

This is why many of us are turning to cell phone hot spots and just ignore the cg WIFI. I was very surprised and happy to find the rare cg with good strong WIFI this last summer. This coming summer TOGO Roadtrek (AT&T) and in combination with Visible (Verizon) will provide most of our internet access.

Edited by agesilaus

4 hours ago, hemsteadc said:

To really boost a signal effectively, you need  something like this:

As has been said previously, if the wifi you are connecting to is overloaded and undersized, no booster of any kind is going to help.

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

On 11/15/2019 at 6:05 PM, agesilaus said:

This is why many of us are turning to cell phone hot spots and just ignore the cg WIFI. I was very surprised and happy to find the rare cg with good strong WIFI this last summer. This coming summer TOGO Roadtrek (AT&T) and in combination with Visible (Verizon) will provide most of our internet access.

I have the ToGo and I'm seriously looking at the Visible! My Cell carrier is T-Mobile who also is a Hot Spot.  We're you able to get in on the 25.00 per month with Visible and are you currently using it?  Just wondering how its all working out?

96' Vogue PrimaVista, CAT 3176b, 10.2 litre, Allison HD-4060

Mollie, Rubie, Cassie and Maggie.......all rescued King Charles Spaniel's

I switched from Straight Talk to Visible last June and it has been working great. Visible recently started a service called "Party Pay" which can reduce the $40 per month down to $25. Here's a link for more info:

https://www.visible.com/party-pay

Here's a link to a site where people post available spots:

https://www.reddit.com/r/VisiblePartyPay/

I used the reddit site to join a party. Your Visible account remains completely private. Once you are accepted into a party your monthly rate will be reduced by $5 for each additional party until a total of 4 accounts are reached. When you log into your Visible account you can check what your monthly bill will be.

Tom
—————————————————
2005 Born Free 24' Rear Bath
Towing 1978 VW Bug convertible
Minneapolis, MN

" have the ToGo and I'm seriously looking at the Visible! My Cell carrier is T-Mobile who also is a Hot Spot.  We're you able to get in on the 25.00 per month with Visible and are you currently using it?  Just wondering how its all working out? "

Visible has been great so far. I have had it for a little less than a month and we are on the $40 rate but I'm going to look into the party rate ASAP. I just told my wife to kill our AT&T DSL and she just took care of it. I think we are over 50 GB on visible and no sign of any slowdown.