Replacement for Open Office Writer

fortytwo

For the last few months my Open Office Writer has been crashing when I get several document windows open.  Sometimes instead of crashing it simply refuses to let me select a directory to save, or to "save as".  It usually happens when I copy something from a network site, paste it into Open Office Writer and then try to save it.

I have windows 10 and it's up to date.

Time to find another Office clone package, hopefully free.  Last copy of Office I purchased was 97.

15 hours ago, agesilaus said:

I've been using LibreOffice tho not very much. Mainly the spreadsheet right now. It works and is much cheaper than MS Office. I don't know how it compares feature by feature but 95% of users never use more than the basic Office features.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. We've been using an outdated copy of Office 2003 Professional that's not compatible with some of the new file formats - and the compatibility pack is no longer available for 2003, either. I had previously tried Open Office and didn't like it. I've downloaded and installed LibreOffice this morning and, so far, I like what I see. Thanks again.

Rob

2012 F350 CC LB DRW 6.7
2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
Full-time since 8/2015

StatesVisited20210913_small.jpg

Guys,

I run Libra office, alongside MS Office 2010, on all of my Windows 10 Machines and like it. My Office 2010, six licenses, go out of support next year, 2020. I bought a one year Office 365 family subscription card at the BX, military special for up to six computers for $49.95. Libra Office is sufficiently developed to satisfy me, and my testing alongside office makes me think it is as good for me, something I'd never thought I'd say.

Instead of discussing it just download and install it, it's free!

And safe when you download from their website rather than third party sites.

You don't have to uninstall your old MS Office until you are ready. Just download it. Remember to save as Office files (docx) for Office compatibility at first. Lots of other "save as" options for Writer Docs as well. Here is their safe download site: https://www.libreoffice.org/

Edited by RV_

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire