How is Nigel Doing

alan0043

Hi Everyone,

I am curious to know how Nigel is doing from his fall earlier this year. 

Get better Nigel. I am hoping to see you and Brenda this upcoming spring.
Al

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

Messaged him last night.  He is in rehab in Toronto and improving.  Still some weakness in arms, hands, and legs but outlook is good.  Our prayers are eternally with him.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

1 hour ago, SuiteSuccess said:

Messaged him last night.  He is in rehab in Toronto and improving.  Still some weakness in arms, hands, and legs but outlook is good.  Our prayers are eternally with him.

Thanks Carl. It's always nice to hear good news.

Get better soon Nigel. I hope I can see you in the spring in Tenn..
Al

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

Thanks guys.  In Lyndhurst rehab in Toronto probably the best spinal cord rehab in the country.  They will give me a proposed exit date later this week but I expect it will be 6 to 8 weeks and many more months of out patient rehab.  Should be able to walk unsupervised in another week or so.  Hands and arms have the most deficiencies but expect good outcome with time.  

I have had some good luck since the fall from the paramedic that changed hospitals because the first didn’t have a neuro surgeon on to the team that did spinal decompression surgery in the middle of the night as soon as they noticed I lost movement in my extremities and the American surgeon who told the insurance company they weren’t bringing  me home before the surgery.

Also can’t thank Roger Dickenson enough for moving my truck and trailer to storage until we can get back out west and Carl for the phone call.

It was a freak accident but emphasizes the need for your spouses to be able to drive your rigs.

Nigel

Edited by Nigel

2006 Volvo VNL 430, 2006 smart cabrio cdi, 2000 Triple E Topaz 30'

• 7 months later...

Time for an update. I’m on Vancouver island almost eight months later than planned. I had a balance and mobility test a couple of weeks ago and my result was I compare to an average late thirties person who never had a spinal injury. In January my result was late sixties. Although I feel really good I think the average late thirties person I compare to must be in terrible shape 😊.   Hope to meet Roger Dickinson tomorrow,  can’t thank him enough for moving my truck and trailer to storage and calling within the hour when we asked for help. 

Nigel 

2006 Volvo VNL 430, 2006 smart cabrio cdi, 2000 Triple E Topaz 30'

6 hours ago, Nigel said:

Time for an update. I’m on Vancouver island almost eight months later than planned. I had a balance and mobility test a couple of weeks ago and my result was I compare to an average late thirties person who never had a spinal injury. In January my result was late sixties. Although I feel really good I think the average late thirties person I compare to must be in terrible shape 😊.   Hope to meet Roger Dickinson tomorrow,  can’t thank him enough for moving my truck and trailer to storage and calling within the hour when we asked for help. 

Nigel 

Wonderful news Nigel.  

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Glad to hear you are doing well, Nigel.  

Missed you guys this year at the ECR.  Hope to see you there next year...

Av8r3400
2012 Volvo VNL 730 D13 iShift & 2021 Grand Design Momentum 397TH

TEq81qV.jpg

I'd rather die trying to live - Than live trying not to die.   -Leonard Perry