Can I come, too?

Linda Winter

Hello, I just posted about the TOAD or scooter and am wondering if anyone would be willing to allow me to follow them part of the way. I really don't have any particular destinations along the way except for meeting up with some people from FMCA in Pahrump who are heading to Quartzsite in January. I plan to leave WI mid October and am very flexible in my itinerary - except that I want to travel/camp as inexpensively as possible.

Linda

↗️➡️↙️⬅️ Following My Arrow ⬆️↘️⬇️↖️

We are leaving Saturday for the smoky mountains from central Illinois, then in mid October heading to Savanna GA so our timetable is a little early for your departure date.  

I'm sure there has to be someone on this forum from up north that is starting to drift south soon.  When I woke up this morning it was 46 degrees and I started thinking we should have cut this visit shorter.

Joe & Cindy

Newmar 4369 Ventana

Pulling 24' enclosed (Mini Cooper, Harley, 2 Kayaks)

Couple of other groups you may not know about:

Loner's on Wheels is a group of single RVer's that specifically are looking for other RVers to travel with.  Details here:

https://lonersonwheels.com/index.html

RVing Women is, well, a women's only group that might be another good source of traveling companions.

https://www.rvingwomen.org/

Regards

John

DON'T FEED THE VULTURES!

My Body is a Temple!  Ancient, Crumbling, Probably Cursed . . .

I Don't Like to Make Advanced Plans.  They Cause the Word "PREMEDITATED" to Get Thrown Around in Court!

MyMapS.jpg

3 hours ago, Kirk Wood said:

I am wondering why you would want to do this? Freedom to go when and where we wish it the main reason to go fulltime. 

Kirk, really? I figured you of all people would be sympathetic to her question. 

Inexperience is the first thought that comes to mind. Traveling with others is an easy way to learn. Having someone that you can ask questions of, learn the ropes so to speak is more comforting that just running headfirst into the unknown.
I have RV'ed my entire life. I have stayed at every pricey resort I could find. That was great for vacationing. Hitting the road, fulltime, those pricey resorts aren't looking so inviting. I've already told some friends that when I hit the road, I am following them for a while so they can teach me the "economical" way to do it. 

Give the rookie a break and let her step off the ledge and into something of a comfort zone before you just shove her off into the abyss. She will grow into it and learn that freedom is great but even then there are those freedom loving people that return, year after year, to that one special rally to see friends, chat and share experiences. 

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

44 minutes ago, Big5er said:

I figured you of all people would be sympathetic to her question. 

Didn't think asking that was unfriendly to her, just curious. There is really nothing for her to be concerned about but the request is rather unusual. If all she wants is someone to convoy with, that should be easy to arrange.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Now Kirk, I never said "unfriendly". God knows we can't accuse you of that. B)  That first long trip out can be a little intimidating. Nothing wrong with traveling with friends if you have a common destination.  

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

I think one of the RVing women groups would be terrific for you.  Google the subject and you'll be amazed how many are out there. I know a couple groups usually attend Quartzsite.  Look them up and either tag along or meet up with them at their designated spot.  They have lots of fun together.  They help each other out with RV issues, go siteseeing together and do activities together.  They have discussions on many pertinent topics.

http://rvlife.com/solo-women-rvers/

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

On 9/27/2018 at 12:28 PM, Kirk Wood said:

I am wondering why you would want to do this? Freedom to go when and where we wish it the main reason to go fulltime. 

Valid question - I am new and hope to learn from others. Not only am I a new RVr, I am a new road traveler and look forward to learning from all I meet!

Linda

On 9/27/2018 at 1:08 PM, FL-JOE said:

I'm sure there has to be someone on this forum from up north that is starting to drift south soon.  When I woke up this morning it was 46 degrees and I started thinking we should have cut this visit shorter. 

Hi Fl-Joe! I hear you! I am in WI and I must have slept through fall! Next year I will be leaving on or by Oct 1st.

Linda

On 9/27/2018 at 1:21 PM, Optimistic Paranoid said:

Couple of other groups you may not know about:

Loner's on Wheels is a group of single RVer's that specifically are looking for other RVers to travel with.  Details here:

https://lonersonwheels.com/index.html

RVing Women is, well, a women's only group that might be another good source of traveling companions.

https://www.rvingwomen.org/

Hi John! Thanks for these links as I had not heard of them. I love the Loners slogan about being a family. Looking forward to my new adventures with new friends!

Linda

On 9/27/2018 at 4:00 PM, Big5er said:

let her step off the ledge and into something of a comfort zone before you just shove her off into the abyss. She will grow into it and learn that freedom is great but even then there are those freedom loving people that return, year after year, to that one special rally to see friends, chat and share experiences. 

Thank you so much! What a keen sense of insight you have and I hope to be able to meet you one day and to learn from you and your experiences.

Linda

On 9/27/2018 at 6:52 PM, 2gypsies said:

They help each other out with RV issues, go siteseeing together and do activities together.  They have discussions on many pertinent topics.

http://rvlife.com/solo-women-rvers/

Thanks for the info - so looking forward to it!

Linda

On 9/27/2018 at 7:57 PM, rm.w/aview said:

I'm beginning to see how this thread can help you with the choices that you shared in the other thread. Many a town would love to see your Camry roll in with the energy that 4 to 6 women on a mission would bring.

Thanks! I've never been accused of not having energy! Love to meet people!

Linda

On 10/3/2018 at 10:29 AM, blrsmith said:

Before we went fulltime 6+ years ago, there was no FB or RV trader...only the forums from Escapees. They gave me every bit of knowledge I asked about and then some. Great exchange here. 

I so agree! Thanks!

Linda

Archived