Will there be a day?

Chuck

As I am working diligently to get out of California and take my pre-DPF and DEF HDT out of here, will there be a day when I will not be permitted to come back. I know that OTR truckers with pre-emission have had to get permits for a specific time frame to operate in Cali. Just stirring it up? Lol. What say all?

If you get registered as an RV then the answer is no.  RV's are exempt from the smog requirements in CA.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

I have been wanting to ask a question like that. If I can take my pre emissions truck there if its registered as a Motor Home. I want to plan a trip out to CA. I have been there many times as a long haul trucker. I love it there. I hate the crazy laws and politics but the place is really beautiful. My truck is 03 pre emissions. Blows a little black smoke when I get on it. I told my wife we might have to drive at night only and keep my foot out of it going through the gears.

Farmer, Trucker, Equipment operator, Mechanic

Quando omni flunkus moritati-When all else fails, play dead
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

Crazy as the Pols are in California, tourism is a huge industry.    In real numbers there just isn't enough big RV's to worry about.    They may be crazy, they are not stupid.

Steve 

2005 Peterbilt 387-112 Baby Cat 9 speed U-shift

1996/2016 remod Teton Royal Atlanta

1996 Kentucky 48 single drop stacker garage project

catdiesellogo.jpg.e96e571c41096ef39b447f78b9c2027c.jpg Pulls like a train, sounds like a plane....faster than a Cheetah sniffin cocaine.   

6 minutes ago, Steve from SoCal said:

Crazy as the Pols are in California, tourism is a huge industry.    In real numbers there just isn't enough big RV's to worry about.    They may be crazy, they are not stupid.

Steve 

I think they are stupid and crazy. If they have the time to go after cow farts and straws, there could be a time when our old diesels will not be welcome. You mention tourism. The threat of lost tourism has not stopped the crazies in SF. Soon as the house sells, see ya.

Chuck,

I agree about insane rules, however tourism is a major lobby in the state as well.     The other thing is they can regulate stuff inside the state, feel good legislation.    There may be a day when old RV's are not welcome, personally it just doesn't seem to be a major source of contention.       RV's are exempt from CARB mandates could that change, yes, will it not likely.

Steve

2005 Peterbilt 387-112 Baby Cat 9 speed U-shift

1996/2016 remod Teton Royal Atlanta

1996 Kentucky 48 single drop stacker garage project

catdiesellogo.jpg.e96e571c41096ef39b447f78b9c2027c.jpg Pulls like a train, sounds like a plane....faster than a Cheetah sniffin cocaine.   

Archived