I think this guy is "almost" as bad as the true vets that scam the system

Five Wood

His stolen valor was as bad or worse than the money he scammed. Amazing story.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

I am a 100% service connected disabled vet and there is no way that I know of that a person can collect 200,000.00 dollars in two years from the VA, there is more to this story.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

3 hours ago, mr. cob said:

I am a 100% service connected disabled vet and there is no way that I know of that a person can collect 200,000.00 dollars in two years from the VA, there is more to this story.

Dave

The article said VA benefits, wasn't too specific.  Maybe he had some expensive surgeries/treatments or borrowed money to buy a house, etc.

Everybody wanna hear the truth, but everybody tell a lie.  Everybody wanna go to Heaven, but nobody want to die.  Albert King

19 minutes ago, chirakawa said:

The article said VA benefits, wasn't too specific.  Maybe he had some expensive surgeries/treatments or borrowed money to buy a house, etc.

That may be the case it darned sure wasn't disability benefits themselves.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

Mr. Cobb, thank you for your service. I was next to you at the WCR, with the F350 and the tow behind. It is truly amazing how this crap can happen. I was discharged with a disability, but someone in the system is not doing their job. But, as you said probably more to the story.  The Seal community is hit hard with Stolen Valor assholes. Dan Shipley from Virginia Beach is dedicated full time to outing them. He has a whole slew of vids on you tube. By the way, jumped into the waters this week, picking up an HDT in a couple of weeks. So, it is back up to Idaho (Couer d Alene) to get it. Saw it pop up on Escapees when in Nevada on our way back to Cal. Wish I could have turned around and gone back. It is still on Escapees, 2003 vnl 610.

10 minutes ago, Chuck said:

Mr. Cobb, thank you for your service. I was next to you at the WCR, with the F350 and the tow behind. It is truly amazing how this crap can happen. I was discharged with a disability, but someone in the system is not doing their job. But, as you said probably more to the story.  The Seal community is hit hard with Stolen Valor assholes. Dan Shipley from Virginia Beach is dedicated full time to outing them. He has a whole slew of vids on you tube. By the way, jumped into the waters this week, picking up an HDT in a couple of weeks. So, it is back up to Idaho (Couer d Alene) to get it. Saw it pop up on Escapees when in Nevada on our way back to Cal. Wish I could have turned around and gone back. It is still on Escapees, 2003 vnl 610.

Howdy Chuck,

You were a good neighbor, wish we would have visited more, so many people, so little time.

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

9 minutes ago, Chuck said:

Where does you handle come from? Could it be Chief of the Boat. Reason I ask, is I was in the sub service.

Howdy Chuck,

As you asked where my handle comes from, I'll tell you.  It all started long ago in 1998 when engaged in a rather heated internet argument concerning gun control, I am a firm supporter of the 2nd. Amendment.  As this cyber discussion rose in intensity I started to fuel the fire with long posts backed up by foot notes from many different sources detailing the right to be armed as an individual right not something conferred to the present day National Guard. 

My opponent thou he would not admit to being wrong in his argument did admit that I over whelmed him with factual quotes from many historical figures who played prominently in our founding history.  He ended his last post to that cyber war with these words, "You haven't changed my mind but you have presented me with a lot of information I was not aware of, that said you sure are a cob."

As I was new to the internet and was not aware of the meanings of many acronyms being used,  I replied, "Please excuse my ignorance but what do you mean by "cob".  Stacy replied with "crabby old bastard".  I replied with, "Put a Mr. in front of it and you can call me that all day."  So since 1998 on the internet on all of the many different forums I participate in I have been known as "Mr. Cob".

Now Sir that the pleasantries have been exchanged, in future please spell my nick name correctly,  I am a "Cob" not a Cobb. :D

I was a section leader in the Armored Calvary, US Army, RVN, 6-67 / 2-69.  Thank you for your service to our country.

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

COB!

5UrwzgdtHioxfo0voMzOgXjEo1_500.jpg

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Archived