Finding Volvo Gen 1 Part Numbers???

INWsters

Getting started on the things the new to us 2000 VNL needs for this upcoming year as the snow is finally leaving.  I need to replace the outer LH front bumper bracket, the one that holds the extension on.  Called local dealer and was quoted $150, 2-3x what I see online for the same part for 2004 up trucks.  However, I am puzzled about where or how to find part numbers.  All of the online sources seem to reference parts to the Volvo part number rather than to a year/model, and I cant find a way to look up the part number to search online for.  Any suggestion or links for parts lookup would be appreciated.  Meanwhile. a source for the bracket I need for this project would be helpful as well.  Thank you!

Find a truck junk yard for those sort of parts.  Don't know where you are located but let us know and some of us might know of one near  you. 

Chet & Deb
'01 Volvo 660 w/ Smart
'19 Forest River Columbus 320RS 5th wheel
2022 Chev 2500HD Long Bed
Retired CWO4, USN and federal service
Electronics Tech/Network Engineer/Welder/Machinist

On 3/8/2018 at 9:04 PM, INWsters said:

Getting started on the things the new to us 2000 VNL needs for this upcoming year as the snow is finally leaving.  I need to replace the outer LH front bumper bracket, the one that holds the extension on.  Called local dealer and was quoted $150, 2-3x what I see online for the same part for 2004 up trucks.  However, I am puzzled about where or how to find part numbers.  All of the online sources seem to reference parts to the Volvo part number rather than to a year/model, and I cant find a way to look up the part number to search online for.  Any suggestion or links for parts lookup would be appreciated.  Meanwhile. a source for the bracket I need for this project would be helpful as well.  Thank you!

I think I have both sides, I put on a moose bumper and so I might still have them, if you can post a pic for me to make sure I have what you need, and if I do you can have them, only charge is freight or can pick up at the ECR for a cold diet DP.

Roger

GCTaaehl.jpg

Archived