Windows 10 Update Same Old Problem

DJW

I did the Fall update on Tuesday and now have the same old problem in that the laptop will not shut down just reboots.  I have looked for the old thread which tells how to fix this but cannot find it.  Something to do with the power button setting if I remember correctly but cannot find it.

Dennis

USA Master Sergeant Ret.

Lou

That did not work.  Same issue screen goes black for a second and reboots  I copied your example just like it shows in your post and it made no difference?

However if turn off fast starting (un check the box) then the laptop will shut down when you tell it to.  Thanks for your help

Dennis

USA Master Sergeant Ret.

Dennis,

Glad you found that. I had no issues except for having to reinstall a couple of Apps only on my big AIO desktop. The three Windows tablets, the Mini PC in the guest BR,  and wife's Lenovo AIO desktop had no issues at all.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

MIne that had the issue is Pro as well, but the ones that didn't also have Pro the two Surface Pro 3, 4 and the Dell Venue 11 Pro. My wife's home not pro system took forever but it finally went through.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Archived