I found one, I found one!

shooter51

OK, I'm an old fart but a newbie non the less. Yesterday, as I was making a 200 mi round trip (from Venice Florida to Lakeland Florida) to pick up truck parts, I was cruising across SR 62, when I spied the round SKP sign. It was out in the middle of east noplace, not even a wide spot in the road. looks perfect for what I want. Looks to me like it might be a snowbird hideout...

As usual, I was time pressed on the day, so I didn't stop in and check it out. My loss.

Is there someplace here I can search to find out more about SKP campgrounds and such? I had no idea there was one so close to me.

Thanks, Shooter  

If it turns $$$$$$$ dollars into smoke and noise, I'm there.

The link below goes to the information on the Escapees website about the various parking options:

https://escapees.com/support/parking

The Rainbow parks are club owned and managed, while the co-op parks are member group owned and managed. The sign you saw on SR 62 was probably for the Florida SKP Park, a member owned co-op near Wauchula. There's a club owned park, Sumter Oaks RV Park, about two hours north near Bushnell.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

There are several possibilities, but you need to be an Escapee member to access the best sources of verification. It is possible that you could have seen a sign for the Escapee co-op park that is located near Wauchula, but that would be a reach. Much more likely is that you passed some privately held RV park that is part of the SKP discount program as there are several of those in that part of FL. If you could come up with a name for the park it would then be pretty easy for us to verify what it may have been. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

14 hours ago, shooter51 said:

...Is there someplace here I can search to find out more about SKP campgrounds and such?...

This webpage lists the Escapees Discount Parks in Florida and identifies the ones that give a 50% discount. You can view the lists for other states by using the drop down menu to select another state and clicking on "Refine your Search".

There are links to information on the SKP owned "Rainbow Parks" and the affiliated "Co-Op Parks" in the Information Menu at the left of the page.

I guessed the sign might have been for the Wauchula Co-Op simply because SR-62 is a relatively short road that terminates at US-17 near Wauchula.

Dutch

Dutch, I think you nailed it. I was east bound on SR62, flyin low, as usual, I think The sign was ~6 or7 miles before the turn off at SR17.

I have to go back for more Isuzu parts in a couple of weeks, This time I'll make time to stop in and meet the folks.

Thank you all very much

Shooter51

If it turns $$$$$$$ dollars into smoke and noise, I'm there.

That's great, Shooter! I haven't been there yet, but I hear it's a really nice park. We spend about a month at Sumter Oaks though, every winter, so we'll try to get down to the co-op sometime.

Dutch

Archived