holstein13

What's the best public library for full-timers?

I have at least 6 cards that are valid. Once you have an invoice from the cg the libraries are willing to give you a card. After that you can just keep renewing them. I am talking about Houston, Phoenix and Tucson.

I had a Maricopa County (Phoenix) card and I really liked that libary system. But they say to renew I've got to come in with proof of current residence and we're not there this year. Is there a way to get an exemption?

I looked up the Chicago Public Library, the New York City public library and the Los Angeles public library. All say you need to submit proof of residency to get a library card. Are you sure about dropping in on any library?

https://obr.chipublib.org/obr/

Put in your email and any Chicago address and they email you a E Card that can be used on OverDrive ;-)

Edited by KRum

I have at least 6 cards that are valid. Once you have an invoice from the cg the libraries are willing to give you a card. After that you can just keep renewing them. I am talking about Houston, Phoenix and Tucson.

We will have to try this out. Thanks for the tip.

FWIW: Last year Nov, Sarasota Fla obtained an annual library card, and in years gone by managed to get library card for Las Vegas when staying for a while at the Oasis - not sure on any changes to the latter one limiting obtaining.

Last year we got a free membership to Scribd because my four devotional books were included in their library. My wife, Jackie, really liked it. Once that expired we held off because of the $9 a month price, hoping to find something better. And we did...they don't advertise it but Scribd offers an annual rate of $48. It is well hidden on their website but I finally found a link to it on another website: https://www.scribd.com/archive/plans

Once you join, check out my four books of daily devotionals: Coffee Break Devotionals.:)

Chicago Public Library is nice... You can register online for an account with any Chicago address...

Many thanks - I now have my CPL Ecard for Overdrive and Zinio, a better selection of ebooks and magazines than my local library. And the price is right ($0).