Rand McNally RV 80

SuiteSuccess

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Carl,

This looks like an interesting product. It looks like it can support a rear camera. Does anyone know anything about Rand McNally back-up camera's ?

I am in need of a back-up camera for my hitch.

Al

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

I would trade my Garmin for one if anyone purchases and doesn't like.

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

Howdy!

I'll stick with my Samsung Note 10.1 tablet and Co-Pilot truck app. Works great never steered me wrong, and when I get a new tablet or smartphone I can just load the Co-pilot app onto it.

"Happy Trails"

Chiefneon

"Class of 2007 Fulltimer's"

Gary & karen

Smoochie & Michaela (fur babies)

2018 Chevorlet 3500 HD/LTZ 2L Custom Hauler

2014 Heartland Cyclone 4000

2016 Smart Car Prime

FWIW:

An Android tablet with similar specs costs between $80 and $200. The Copilot software is $150. It appears RM doesn't sell their routing software by itself...

2007 NuWa Hitchhiker Discover America 339RSB

2000 Volvo VNL64T770 with TrailerSaver hitch, wooden flat bed, Detroit 12.7L S60, 10-sp AutoShift, still tandem

The system runs the Rand McNally 7730 system basically which is about $300 and if a tablet can average $150, then the value is about $450 for both. Then you add the dash cam component to it, which is nice. The problem is when you start saying you have all these items separately, you can't utilize them the same way you can the RV Tablet. This thing mounts to the dash by an magnetic mount and runs the camera while running the GPS and charges through the mount using your 12V. It's just convenient to me. If I have a tablet, which I do, and download a CoPilot software, then I can't magnetic mount it like this would and run a dash cam program like it will. I also can't build my trips in TripMaker on the tablet and send it directly to the GPS. Before this, I had to do it on my computer first. I personally like the convenience of it all in one place and all in one unit. In addition, I prefer the Rand McNally GPS system. To get an RV GPS, a dash cam, and an an Android tablet - all with the magnet mount that works for traveling, it's worth the $475 to me. http://www.technorv.com/product_p/rnd-rvtablet.htm

Archived