Water leak above steering column - engine compartment

kidder

Well, Just back from an event in Big Rapids, Mich, and a second one in Hartford City In. As far as I can tell, the floors are dry. We had the entire heating / AC. removed, cleaned a 40# hairball out, replaced all the seals, even on the vent doors, New heater coil , new controls, and put it all back together. All seems to work real well.( as the DW was setting in the co-pilot side with a blanket on ) I'll check it over better tomorrow when (if) it quits raining...

Next the windshield gets a new seal. Let's hope that's the end of this for a very long time !

Denver and Ms Judy Geitgey

2006 VOLVO 780

41 ' Redwood

NTPA Event Announcer

dngeitgey@gmail.com

event.png

Latest update.... Truck floors were dry when we stopped. It then proceeded to rain 1.3 inches in 15 minutes = wet floors. I am getting the windshield replaced next Wednesday. New seal and all. Lets hope THIS is it....

Please keep us updated. I am more interested in the new windshield seal. I think my truck could use a new seal itself.

Al

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

Well.... The AC works great the DW is now traveling wrapped in a blanket. We set at an event and it rained 1.3 inches in 20 minutes. Afterwards the passengers side was soaked and as the truck was on a tilt it ran to the middle too. We get the windshield and seal replaced Wednesday for 250.00....stay tuned

Denver and Ms Judy Geitgey

2006 VOLVO 780

41 ' Redwood

NTPA Event Announcer

dngeitgey@gmail.com

event.png

Well.... The AC works great the DW is now traveling wrapped in a blanket. We set at an event and it rained 1.3 inches in 20 minutes. Afterwards the passengers side was soaked and as the truck was on a tilt it ran to the middle too. We get the windshield and seal replaced Wednesday for 250.00....stay tuned

Please let us know what kind of compound that the repair place uses to set the windshield in. I think there a couple different compounds that can be used. Will the windshield gasket be an after market brand ? Inquiring minds need to know. lol.

Any info would be great,

Al

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

Have you checked the cabin air filter under the hood? That was where my leak was coming from. The rubber flapper/drain was old and hard so it was not "flapping" anymore. I was getting water into it (made that way) but since it couldn't drain it was filling up and flowing back into the cab thru the filter.

Here is the thread on it whne I found it.

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

• 2 weeks later...

The old Douglas DC-3 had "rain-harvesting-windshields installed" new at the factory........good friend owned and operated a few of these old birds and he claimed that the Oxygen system was installed to keep the pilots from drowning........

Drive on........(wear your rain gear.......)

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

Archived