Water pump running continuously

There's a pressure switch on the pump that should shut it off when the system reaches the preset pressure limit. Is that not happening? Are there multiple pump switch locations?

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

These pumps only stop running when pressure builds--no pressure, pump will keep running. Sounds like the pressure switch is faulty. Have you determined if it is pumping water or just running and not moving any water?

`

It should be possible to turn the pump off with the pump switch. If you remove the switch and lift one lead, does the pump run when the fuse is put back? If so, there has to be another path but if not, that indicates that the switch has failed and needs to be replaced.

If it doesn't shut off when pressure builds up, I suspect that your RV has one a valve that allows you to fill the fresh water tank with the hose connected to city water. If you leave that valve open when you are trying to use the water pump to supply water from the potable water tank, the pump will draw water from the bottom of the tank, push it out into the water system, where it then passes by the city connection and through the tank fill valve, returning back to the potable water tank at the top. If that valve is open, the pump will run constantly because it can't build up the required pressure in the lines to shut off. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Is all the air purged out of the system?  

Sometimes an air leak can occur on the suction side of the pump and the pump is just sucking air and will never build pressure.

Lenp

USN Retired
2002 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom

2012 F150 4x4

2018 Lincoln MKX

2019 HD Ultra Limited

jblo that's what I was thinking as I read his last post. It's quite possible his pump requires a rebuild, a failed back-flow prevention valve in the pump would cause constant running.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

Archived